Complete Disrespect vs USU

DarthGrim

Warning: Savant Vol
It may not be needed, but these quotes from this USU article are a bit infuriating to me as a Vol fan and should motivate the team to stomp an even bigger mud-hole in the @$$ of the fighting mormons of Utah State.

Tennessee sounds like a disaster of a team right now. So really, if you are a school from a smaller conference looking for an winnable game against a team from the Power 5, who better for the Aggies to play than Tennessee?

Asked about playing in Neyland Stadium against a team that ranks 10th on the list of all-time won-lost records with a mark of 804-361-53, quarterback Chuckie Keeton noted the Aggies were playing the current Vols, not their history.

Timing could be right for Ags vs Tennessee

Reactions: 4 people
Well if you look at the last few years they certainly should feel better about their chances.

But Utah State is Utah State. Still gonna whip dey ass on gameday imo.

Reactions: 7 people
If our team needs to spend time lurking through USU articles for motivation then we're in trouble.

Reactions: 31 people
My biggest problem with the USU folks is the disregard they seem to have for the question marks on their team. They are playing '14 UT but likewise are we playing '14 USU. This game comes a year late for them IMO.

Reactions: 17 people
This is the same columnist who said that Utah St was favored. It's filled with commentary that doesn't show anything in-depth and seems written from the perspective of a fan. Yawn.

Reactions: 2 people
"quarterback Chuckie Keeton noted the Aggies were playing the current Vols, not their history."

And we're about to curb stomp this year's Chuckie and not last year's pre-injury Chuckie...

Reactions: 6 people
I'm starting to worry about this game. A talented QB with running ability, against our defense? This may be a may be a 45 to 49 type game. Possibly overtime and up in the 50's for both teams before this is settled.

My biggest problem with the USU folks is the disregard they seem to have for the question marks on their team. They are playing '14 UT but likewise are we playing '14 USU. This game comes a year late for them IMO.

It's what I call the Vandy Syndrome. You get a taste of success, not really great success, but success none the less and all of a sudden you are giant killers. The reality is you are still a no nothing bottom dweller that no one will remember and will always struggle to stay above or maintain a .500 all time record.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we wear them down but I looked at Box score aganist Wisconsin where they lost 16 to 14 they ran ball 35 times and threw 35. 15 runs by Keeton for 75 yards that was his Sophmore year. Last year their opener aganist Utah they ran 40 times threw 41 Keeton ran it 16 times for 57 yard. They have been incredibly balanced in their openers 2012 & 13 aganist Pac 12/ Big 10 teams. They lost but kept it close in both.

I'm starting to worry about this game. A talented QB with running ability, against our defense? This may be a may be a 45 to 49 type game. Possibly overtime and up in the 50's for both teams before this is settled.

He better be ready to run. They are replacing 4 out of 5 starters on their offensive line as well. I hope AJ or Curt get to introduce themselves to him very early.

He better be ready to run. They are replacing 4 out of 5 starters on their offensive line as well. I hope AJ or Curt get to introduce themselves to him very early.

Add Weathered and Reeves Maybin who will knock your head off.

I can't make it to the game but if I could, I would bring a sign that said "Hey Chuckie, you're right, we aren't the VOLS from the past" and hold it up everytime he gets knocked on his azz.

I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.

-Attributed to Isoroku Yamamoto

In other words:

USU may be writing checks with their mouth that their azz can't cash.

-Attributed to 90 Vol

Reactions: 4 people
I think we win easily if we struggle with this team then we r in trouble against the big 5 on our schedule.

Cool beans , the only thing worse than that would be if you had to replace 5 of 5 .... :):):)

Disrespect or simply common sense. LAST year would have been the best time for them to play us, but we haven't "come back" yet. What do you expect them to say - "gee, it's UT, they have x number of national championships, play in the toughest conference, and draw 100k to their games, we don't stand a chance, might as well not even show up"

Keeton, his teammates, and their fans would do well to take what he said to heart. They aren't playing Neyland's teams or Fulmer's. But they aren't playing Dooley's team either. They're playing Jones' team with now two years to change the culture and install the system.

Based on the glimpses we saw last year vs UGA and USCe... they better have their chin straps and jock straps tight... they're going to get hit on a level they're not used to.

Reactions: 6 people
Cool beans , the only thing worse than that would be if you had to replace 5 of 5 .... :):):)

Lol! True... But take experience out of the equation and it comes down to talent, strength and speed. And at this point, and until proven otherwise since this is a brand new season, I choose to believe in what CBJ has brought in versus what Utah State has.

VN Store

Back