Thursday practice 8/21

Fingers

3037675.jpg

3037679.jpg

3037699.jpg

3037704.jpg

Reactions: 19 people
A few new faces joined the Vols on the practice field Thursday.

Jayson Sparks wore a white No. 37 practice uniform and went through drills with UT running backs. Sparks is a sophomore walk-on running back from Loganville, Ga.

Cody Underwood, a walk-on freshman linebacker from West High School is now listed on the official roster. Underwood, the 2013 PrepXtra Defensive Player of the Year, announced his intention to accept a preferred walk-on spot with UT in the winter.

Coach Butch Jones continued his fall camp habit of correcting the Berry twins over the Haslam Field loudspeaker by correcting Elliott Berry during punt coverage drills.

"You're not ready," Jones yelled. "Mental immaturity, Elliott."

-Croom wore a wrap on his left wrist

Instant analysis: Tennessee football practice Thursday - GoVolsXtra Story

Reactions: 5 people
Jancek said Justin King has worked some at third-team LB. He also said Moseley and Williams are going back and forth daily, and that expect us to play 11-13 newcomers on defense before the season is over.

Elder said there still isn't enough separation between Bullock and Medley on kickoffs.

Reactions: 4 people
Jones: Making a bowl game is very important. But more important is getting better every day.

Jones: Worley has had a tremendous off season and a very productive training camp. I'm very encouraged by his play

Jones: It was 110 degrees on the practice field today. Today was 1st practice in-season with school. A very productive day.

Jones: We are excited about Hurd and Malone. They have been consistent. I love them dearly and they will be playmakers.

Jones: Derek Barnett is relentless. I am very excited about his play. This freshman class is the foundation for the future.

Jones: When you look at our dining facilities and nutrition bar and meeting rooms. It is a great recruiting tool,great area for development

Jones: To have Curt Maggitt back on practice field was good for us. It was great to have him mentally and physically.

Jones: Justin Worley has more of a command presence. He's being very vocal and has a level of confidence. I'm excited to see him perform.

Jones: The other day Helm, Owen Williams, Von Pearson and Todd Kelly Jr. had their stripes taken off.

Jones: We have a had SEC officials come in and talk about rule changes.

Jones: The first game is always the game of unknowns. You try to prepare for anything and everything. This game is a game of unknowns.

Jones: I tell our team their is a difference between emotion and passion. Emotion wears off but passion doesn't.

Jones: the open practice was a great evaluation tool to see if players could block out everything and focus.

Jones: Utah St will be a great challenge. They have a great QB, RB. They know how to win. They are a bowl champion. We will get their A game

Jones: It will be one of the greatest weekends in college football with Boomsday and the opener on Sunday night.

Jones: One of my favorite times is sitting and eating and laughing with the guys in Smokey's Sports Grill.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
Jones: Making a bowl game is very important. But more important is getting better every day.

Jones: Worley has had a tremendous off season and a very productive training camp. I'm very encouraged by his play

Jones: It was 110 degrees on the practice field today. Today was 1st practice in-season with school. A very productive day.

Jones: We are excited about Hurd and Malone. They have been consistent. I love them dearly and they will be playmakers.

Jones: Derek Barnett is relentless. I am very excited about his play. This freshman class is the foundation for the future.

Jones: When you look at our dining facilities and nutrition bar and meeting rooms. It is a great recruiting tool,great area for development

Jones: To have @CurtMaggitt back on practice field was good for us. It was great to have him mentally and physically.

200.gif

Bajakian said moving Kerbyson to RT was a result of Jashon Robertson's progress.

Coleman has been our most consistent DB, according to Martinez.

Reactions: 4 people

Jones: To have Curt Maggitt back on practice field was good for us. It was great to have him mentally and physically.

Jones: Justin Worley has more of a command presence. He's being very vocal and has a level of confidence. I'm excited to see him perform.

Butch knows how to get me excited. See above.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like Butch the drill sergeant has made the turn through basic training. First 3/4 was tearing them down. Now he is building them up.

VN Store

Back