Bob Stoops just said

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
To somewhat paraphrase, "We've been making our non-conference schedule much tougher. We started with Notre Dame and Florida State the past 4 years, now we've scheduled Tennessee and Ohio State, and this is intentional to keep our strength of schedule high."

It's a small straw to grasp, but it's good to hear that after 3 consecutive 5-7 seasons teams from other conferences still see us as a team that is tough to add to your schedule. IMO it speaks to the reputation our program will always have as one of the great college football programs, which is why it's easy to predict that we are still in fact just a sleeping giant.

Reactions: 31 people
In before the Bammers claim their non conference schedule is the nations hardest, year in and year out.

Reactions: 5 people
The fact that they have to go "out of conference" to strengthen their schedule, says alot about how bad their conference sucks! JMO

Reactions: 9 people
Bob Stoops was the DC at FL when we won the NC. He's been coaching a long time. He's well aware of TN's place on the national level, regardless of our recent struggles.

Reactions: 18 people
This would be a big one to win just because of the status of OK as a program in general and specifically the expectations for them next year. It would also mean we would have a likely 3-0 start to the season and make a bowl game much more likely. Finally, it would be big for recruiting because the game will be in prime time on either ESPN or ABC. After the win, the consensus would be "Tennessee is back"!

Reactions: 3 people
Uncle Lou says that's just coach-speak

Screen-Shot-2013-01-16-at-4.11.38-PM.png

Reactions: 21 people
The good news is Kevin Carter on College Football Live just put us ahead of Mizzou in the east. His exact words "It was hard to decide who to put in that #4 spot between Tennessee and Mizzou, but when it came down to it, it's about line play. Tennessee will struggle in the skill positions, but those offensive and defensive lines will be FOR REAL."

Methinks he may not know anything about the 2014 Tennessee team............

Reactions: 9 people
I enjoy the fact that another coach or program still somewhat thinks highly of UT as a program, but then there are UT fans that seem almost giddy that we have struggled lately. It is as if they enjoy the role of being a loser and a victim. If anyone says anything positive about the program, those same fans dismiss it and look for the doom and gloom. Sometimes I think we have some of the most ass backwards inbred fans in college football. That is the only way that I can rationalize the amount of negativity that I read on here. I ***** and moan just like any other fan about the losses, but I refuse to be negative as some of these meth heads on here appear to be.

Reactions: 3 people
To somewhat paraphrase, "We've been making our non-conference schedule much tougher. We started with Notre Dame and Florida State the past 4 years, now we've scheduled Tennessee and Ohio State, and this is intentional to keep our strength of schedule high."

It's a small straw to grasp, but it's good to hear that after 3 consecutive 5-7 seasons teams from other conferences still see us as a team that is tough to add to your schedule. IMO it speaks to the reputation our program will always have as one of the great college football programs, which is why it's easy to predict that we are still in fact just a sleeping giant.

Jaysus Christo !! Will you people please stop glomming on to every bit of coach speak by a guy about to play your team as validation?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back