Donnie Tyndall Thread

Vol knight

Text a Buddy!
"I think Tyndall will be a name we hear a lot if nothing materializes with White soon."

-Rob Lewis

I'd greatly enjoy this. Extremely good coach, proven rebuilder and developer of talent. I've liked him more than White for our situation since the search started.

Reactions: 4 people
His resume at Southern Miss is on par with White's at La Tech. It looks like S. Miss had a decent program before he arrived though, but he did increase the win total each year.

XZZLOCK.png

"I think Tyndall will be a name we hear a lot if nothing materializes with White soon."

-Rob Lewis

REALLY want White still. But Tyndall would be a solid hire as well: NCAA tourney experience, knows the area well from his time at MTSU, showed constant improvement at both Morehead and So. Miss, and a high energy, charismatic guy. Would be completely fine with this guy

Reactions: 2 people
Tyndall coaches my other school (USM). Not only a great coach, he is great at involving the community. If you guys wind up with Donnie, you must quit complaining about your AD. Once (CBJ) is luck; twice is talent.

Reactions: 11 people
He's why I've not been concerned with getting turned down by any given coach. We appear to have targeted a bunch of good ones in White, Miller, Tyndall, Mack etc etc. Unless we end up with the guy from Chattanooga I'm probably going to be fairly happy with any of the other candidates mentioned.

"We're going to play unselfish, we're going to play with passion, and we're going to be a very, very passionate team. We're going to be about toughness and winning."

Reactions: 1 person
Tyndall coaches my other school (USM). Not only a great coach, he is great at involving the community. If you guys wind up with Donnie, you must quit complaining about your AD. Once (CBJ) is luck; twice is talent.

It's good to hear a USM fan's perspective on Donnie. Thanks for sharing. :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
I feel White and Tyndall are similar on paper. The big difference to me and why I favored White was his SEC experience/ties were much more recent. Tyndall has SEC experience, but it was 10+ years ago.

I'm happy with Tyndall or White. I think Tyndall would come here and I've talked to USM alums and they have nothing but great things to say. They tell me that he's the best thing going on for USM athletics right now.

I feel White and Tyndall are similar on paper. The big difference to me and why I favored White was his SEC experience/ties were much more recent. Tyndall has SEC experience, but it was 10+ years ago.

Tyndall was a head coach in Eastern Kentucky during that time frame. Should know the AAU guys from Georgia to Ohio and points Eastward as well as the ones down South.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high here.

His resume at Southern Miss is on par with White's at La Tech. It looks like S. Miss had a decent program before he arrived though, but he did increase the win total each year.

XZZLOCK.png

Nice stats but they don't show that for each of the last two years, Southern Miss has been the highest RPI rated team left out of the dance. Furthermore, our RPI was much higher than a number of teams in the tournament. In other words, it was a snub of the conference, not the team. I hope you guys get White; in any case we won't keep Tyndall long, but another year would be nice.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back