Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Div 1 can mean anywhere. If he's serious about wanting to go to a bigger program that's serious about championships, I can see him turning down a Div 1 school that's bad even by small conference standards. It could have been a school like Niagara or Sacred Heart that offered him a job.

Problem is we don't know which School and yes you maybe right, but why did he even bother to disclose this information. Again, it could mean anything. No need to speculate because I have no clue.

Do I think he ends up at Auburn. NO. But that is my opinion.

If he is available when and if there is a coaching change here, I would like to believe he would be contacted or interviewed for the job. Too many ifs.

One of the reasons is to put the Pearl thing to bed for the fans, but if there was a better coach than Pearl available or interested I would want UT to go after that candidate first.

Vols in the dance ...

Psssssszssssssssssssssssssssssssssst.

Air out of this thread. It's dead.

Nothing here except for those who enjoy beating a dead horse.

Reactions: 1 person
There's a lot of posters who have gone MIA

I think they are still here, just looking for the next angle.

Reality is tough for many.

CCM will be here next year.

The wheels will have to fall off for him to be gone.

Nobody in their right minds or any Vol Fans wants that to occur.

We should be in the Tournament and I would love to avoid a play-in game. Would love a 6 Seed need to win the tournament to even be considered. A 7 in the right bracket would be good.

The only way he is gone is if somebody hires him away......

Fans (Some) are not ever going to be happy.

Some are not going to be happy unless Pearl is given a chance to coach here again. Not worried either way.

My thought is when Martin goes if he does we will upgrade above Pearl and Martin because Hart will go for Quality and Stability.

Most important thing is to support the team.

All the talks of Pearly to Auburn/Alabama are making me sick.

He's not going to Alabama.

And Auburn is a basketball wasteland. Even if you think Pearl is the greatest coach in basketball, it would take him probably 3 years to even talk about an NCAAT bid.

I think they are still here, just looking for the next angle.

Reality is tough for many.

CCM will be here next year.

The wheels will have to fall off for him to be gone.

Nobody in their right minds or any Vol Fans wants that to occur.

We should be in the Tournament and I would love to avoid a play-in game. Would love a 6 Seed need to win the tournament to even be considered. A 7 in the right bracket would be good.

The only way he is gone is if somebody hires him away......

Fans (Some) are not ever going to be happy.

Some are not going to be happy unless Pearl is given a chance to coach here again. Not worried either way.

My thought is when Martin goes if he does we will upgrade above Pearl and Martin because Hart will go for Quality and Stability.

Most important thing is to support the team.

They're waiting for the next loss. We lose tomorrow, even though it's to arguably the best team in the nation, they'll be out. And even if we make the Sweet 16, they'll be out.

And if Pearl doesn't take a job for next season, that will be their mission for 2015.

I and a lot of others are in mourning because we got thrown into the land of mediocrity for several more years.

It will be fun watching the excuses pile up next year.

Excuses for what? Losing almost all of our scoring unless stokes returns. Textbook rebuilding year. As long as people don't have unrealistic expectations.

I and a lot of others are in mourning because we got thrown into the land of mediocrity for several more years.

Do you ever post anything positive? You know why people question your fanhood? Because literally all you post about is BBB and how much Martin sucks. You mainly only post when we lose and when we win, all you post is how much we'll suck for 20 years and how we're gonna get killed by Pearl's next team and on and on and on.

Get bent.

They're waiting for the next loss. We lose tomorrow, even though it's to arguably the best team in the nation, they'll be out. And even if we make the Sweet 16, they'll be out.

And if Pearl doesn't take a job for next season, that will be their mission for 2015.

You are right, but face it not much to argue. No one that matters will listen. Sweet 16 run, they will be out but they will have no basis for argument.

Reality would be hiring a coach with a show cause over a coach with a sweet 16 run and an average of 20+ wins the last 3 seasons. Can't justify the move.

Its been said many times on here, and I'll say it again:

Best thing for this team is for it to win as many as possible. These guys deserve it.

A hopeful side effect of this would be CCM being hired away from here. Regardless of how this team performs, I have no confidence in his ability to recruit to an elite level and battle Kentucky and Florida year in and year out.

You Martin guys can thump your chest and crow all you want...it's what most of us do when our opinion "wins.". However, don't pretend you guys are the VFL police and the rest of us are against the program.

Truth is, we are just looking a bit further down the road at the long-term success of this program.

Excuses for what? Losing almost all of our scoring unless stokes returns. Textbook rebuilding year. As long as people don't have unrealistic expectations.

You just proved my point. Why do we need to rebuild? Going to the tourney once every four years is fine with you?

You know better than I do, there are things that have been done and will continue to be done that are not excusable.

Change will occur if history repeats itself and it will occur sooner than one thinks. It is inevitable.

Last edited:
Textbook rebuilding year during your 4th year?? Right.

Especially when 2 of those first 3 years were NIT teams??

It's not a textbook rebuilding year. It will be the product of recruiting.

I believe he sees the writing on the wall. Bones never lie.

Witch Doctor still lurks. Martin took care of business and saved his job. I have never rooted against the Vols. all my post said IF he was fired. Hes not. Lets go farther in the dance than we ever have.
Go Vols.
Bones never lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back