DT Greg Clark is no longer on Team

I may be wrong, but did we not blue shirt some of the 33

I may also be wrong when I thought that a blue shirt was given a scholarship if a current player left the team

Am I wrong?

Maybe they can give Dews a scholly now or offer one to a well deserving Senior.

Reactions: 1 person
For some reason, I am noticing that the players leaving Butch's team were bottom-feeders. For Kiffin, that wasn't always the case.

Dont want to consider ANY of our Vols "bottom-feeders" - some of them are less talented than others, some of them have less heart and not all gave their all for TN but most gave more than most here talking about them. So no need for bottom-feeder description ascribed to the less talented or less motivated - they are still VFLs and we wish them well. Consider that they are "feeding" at TN and that surely is NOT the bottom however badly the program has been run over the last decade. :good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Darr and Bowles could be next

Darr was waste of a scholly IMHO thanks to Derek Doofus. Palardy proved early on that he could handle punting duties. And unfortunately Bowles will be another 4 star bust WR that will never sniff the field with the crazy talent we already have here and coming in at WR.

Dont want to consider ANY of our Vols "bottom-feeders" - some of them are less talented than others, some of them have less heart and not all gave their all for TN but most gave more than most here talking about them. So no need for bottom-feeder description ascribed to the less talented or less motivated - they are still VFLs and we wish them well. Consider that they are "feeding" at TN and that surely is NOT the bottom however badly the program has been run over the last decade. :good!:

Wonderful to see a Vols fan who shares my complete dislike for insulting our players and former players. Especially when done by bottom feeding spitetful fans.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
Wonderful to see a Vols fan who shares my complete dislike for insulting our players and former players. Especially when done by bottom feeding spitetful fans.
:crazy: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:good!:

Darr was waste of a scholly IMHO thanks to Derek Doofus. Palardy proved early on that he could handle punting duties. And unfortunately Bowles will be another 4 star bust WR that will never sniff the field with the crazy talent we already have here and coming in at WR.

An event or mishap here, an event or mishap there.
Then suddenly a player whom about you didn't care;
Becomes dreadfully an important commodity.

Reactions: 3 people
I may be wrong, but did we not blue shirt some of the 33

I may also be wrong when I thought that a blue shirt was given a scholarship if a current player left the team

Am I wrong?

I was never sure whether UT had any that could qualify for a blueshirt. The rules there were a little ambiguous.

Seems losing Brown and Thomas opened spots for a couple of guys (Sawyers and Robertson).

In any case, if Clark's heart isn't in it anymore, I'm sure the coaches would agree it's best he move on. I wish him well.

Wasn't Darr a kiff recruit?

Maybe they can give Dews a scholly now or offer one to a well deserving Senior.

Dews is limited by the 25-per-class rule. The back-counting nudged that number up quite a bit (30-whatever), but there is still a ceiling. A qualifying walk-on could get a one-year or one-term scholarship out of it.

Care to share where you got the crystal ball? I still have hope in all of the players...even the ones that haven't made it to the field yet.

For some reason, I am noticing that the players leaving Butch's team were bottom-feeders. For Kiffin, that wasn't always the case./

Greg Clark is about to graduate and is a VFL, just leave it at that please. Oh yes, thank you for giving your all for UT.

Reactions: 7 people
Let me ask you this. Would you offer a scholarship to this person?

1) Punting avg. as Junior: 46.3 yds
2) Punting avg. as Senior: 42.9 yds
3) Kickoffs: 35 of 60 for touchback
4) Place kicks as Senior: 35 PAT, 11 FG
5) Named to U.S. Army All America Bowl as punter
6) Named Max Preps All America 1st team punter
7) Led his team in tackles as LB
8) Named #1 punting prospect in the country by punting expert Chris Sailer
9) 2 time Florida state champion shot put
10) Won Florida state championship in discus throw as a junior
11) Due to his accomplishments on the field in football and track was named as a finalist for Max Preps National Athlete of the year.

That was Matt Darr. I would have offered him a scholarship. He has only averaged about 38.5 yds per punt at U.T. Maybe he will get back in the groove. His ball drop looks bad to me , and he doesn't get the nose of the football up. I believe that he has the leg, but his mechanics and confidence need work. He may yet blossom like Palardy did as a senior.

As far as Palardy proving early on that he could punt, he averaged 39.3 as a freshman, and 36.8 as a junior. It took him until the 3rd year. Darr hasn't been in that many games yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Let me ask you this. Would you offer a scholarship to this person?

1) Punting avg. as Junior: 46.3 yds
2) Punting avg. as Senior: 42.9 yds
3) Kickoffs: 35 of 60 for touchback
4) Place kicks as Senior: 35 PAT, 11 FG
5) Named to U.S. Army All America Bowl as punter
6) Named Max Preps All America 1st team punter
7) Led his team in tackles as LB
8) Named #1 punting prospect in the country by punting expert Chris Sailer
9) 2 time Florida state champion shot put
10) Won Florida state championship in discus throw as a junior
11) Due to his accomplishments on the field in football and track was named as a finalist for Max Preps National Athlete of the year.

That was Matt Darr. I would have offered him a scholarship. He has only averaged about 38.5 yds per punt at U.T. Maybe he will get back in the groove. His ball drop looks bad to me , and he doesn't get the nose of the football up. I believe that he has the leg, but his mechanics and confidence need work. He may yet blossom like Palardy did as a senior.

As far as Palardy proving early on that he could punt, he averaged 39.3 as a freshman, and 36.8 as a junior. It took him until the 3rd year. Darr hasn't been in that many games yet.

Yes I would have offered Darr.

People here look for any reason to blame Dooley. The man is no longer here so let it go. Stop blaming Dooley when one of the football players rips a fart that don`t stink.

Darr falls on Kiff I believe. Hard to believe as that is.

Good luck Mr. Clark, thanks for taking the field in orange. Too bad you didn't have better circumstances surrounding the program in your time..., but nevertheless, VFL.

Reactions: 3 people
5th year guy ... limited playing time if any ...really have to have a passion to PLAY the game to put yourself through workouts and practices ... risk reward thing ... whole lot of risk ... not a lot of upside for somebody who has been on the team for previous years and only seeing the field sparingly this year... good luck man.

VN Store

Back