Here are the brackets of the 2014 SEC Womens basketball Tournament

my picks

ga over usc, then ky over ga, ky to finals

a&m over auburn, tn over a&m, tn to finals,

Tn over ky SEC CHAMPS

Reactions: 2 people
We've already avenged 2 of our losses. I would like to make it to the finals and beat UK so we can make it 3 out of 5 losses.

Reactions: 1 person
I think its better if we win the final vs. South Carolina. In the event it comes down to the two of us for the last #1 seed each of us would have a title and UT would have two wins--one on a neutral floor vs. SC.

I think we're splitting hairs either way. Beating South Carolina is just as good as beating the team that beat South Carolina. Beating UK is just as good as beating the team that beat UK.

Either way, whichever team wins the tournament wins the tournament and if it's UT or SC, either one of those two should get the #1 seed UNLESS Louisville AND Stanford wins their tournament in which case they should get it.

UCONN and ND are pretty much a lock for a #1 seed
Stanford gets a #1 seed if they win their tournament
Louisville gets a #1 seed if they win their tournament
UT/SC gets a #1 seed IF they win their tournament AND Louisville OR Stanford doesn't win their tournament

If 3 of these 4 teams Stanford, Louisville, UT, and SC all lose in the tournament, it could open up a backdoor for West Virginia, Maryland, Duke, or Baylor if any of them win their tournament.

Winning your tournament is pretty key, though - especially in a close race. It proves you are playing well NOW, which is a KEY criteria for seeding and getting in the tournament. It also gives you some more credible wins for the resume.

I disagree with how the SEC set up this bracket. It seems to me that the 4 play-in teams should be on the same bracket side as the top 2 seeds. As it is, USC has to beat the 8/9 winner to advance, while UK might only have to beat a worn-out 12/13 seed to advance (though that's unlikely - the alternative is they have to beat 5-seed UF).

On our side, we have to beat a 7/10 seed to advance, while A&M might be playing the 11/14 winner (who has already played 2 games), or 6-seed Auburn.

Why aren't the top 2 seeds rewarded with the extra game teams on their branches of the bracket?

The bracket is pretty jacked up just for the sole reason that they gave teams TWO "byes". I can understand giving a team a bye but the way they set it up, some teams would have to potentially play TWO games before a team has even played one game. This is how the bracket should look:

AUneETu.jpg

Only the top two teams (South Carolina and Tennessee) should get a bye when 14 teams are involved. No team should ever get two byes.

The logic used - is that if no upsets the 1 - 8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 in what is now the third round. Note with only four teams with winning records teams 6-13 are almost equal so I question what would be considered an upset in the second round.

Louisville has lost to Conn by 20 on both occasions. SC has the opportunity to be a #1 if they win the SEC, the LVs perhaps (logic and the NCAA selection committee are not the same)

This thread is getting more traffic, though. Could be because it was posted by a Vol fan rather than a UCONN fan. I don't know. :hi:

Kinda like fans of both >should not matter who post it is<

Info comes from everyone to enjoy:peace2:

mighty vandy? not so much but getting help from the refs in the second half... :(

Ga up 15 w/ 10.5 minutes left. Refs trying to even it up... :(

Wow....I just tuned in & Vandy forgot to bring their "A" game today. I've got to go back out now but will check later.

VN Store

Back