Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying he would get fired if he doesn't hire Pearl is silly.

However, if he passes on Pearl and goes and hires some low rent basketball coach like we got 3 years ago, it's going to be very ugly for him if Pearl rolls into town in a maroon blazer and mops the floor with us in TBA.

Just sayin.

Well Bama won't have an opening so I doubt that's happening. And if Butch is the 2nd coming of neyland like many think then hart will be just fine. Football is king, and hart has made that clear.

Reactions: 1 person
Saying he would get fired if he doesn't hire Pearl is silly.

However, if he passes on Pearl and goes and hires some low rent basketball coach like we got 3 years ago, it's going to be very ugly for him if Pearl rolls into town in a maroon blazer and mops the floor with us in TBA.

Just sayin.

Agree.

IMO, if things play out as they should, this hire would be the most important for the basketball program since the DeVoe firing & Houston hiring. Get it right and we can move to the next level of basketball success...get it wrong and we'll be seeing curtains at TBA for years to come.

Well Bama won't have an opening so I doubt that's happening. And if Butch is the 2nd coming of neyland like many think then hart will be just fine. Football is king, and hart has made that clear.

Ok. Auburn.

What if he's not? He's nailed it in recruiting but what if he tops out at 8 wins in 3-4 years?

Meanwhile, what if we hire Micheal White from La Tech and Bruce Pearl is taking Auburn or Clemson to Sweet 16's while we are hosting Middle Tennessee in the NIT at TBA?

I keep hearing Bammers name but honestly, there is probably a 0% chance of Grant leaving Bama this season. I do agree that he's gone next year but no way this year. Auburn would be a good fit for Pearl but I doubt he does that. Boston College or Clemson is the only two schools I see landing Pearl off hand.

Try not to cry, lol. I realize Pearl's actions had a large role in the current state of our bball program - but CM has taken us to a new low every year. It's time for Bruce.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/z6ApObKl0s8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Great video. If he comes back maybe he'll hire Dane as an assistant
BBB

Witch Doctor say almost 27K! wow we were shooting for 20 k BY March but the Vol Nation is speaking out for the coach they love!!!
BBB
Keep Posting and REPOSTING that petitions link
Bones never lie.

do you really think the number of "signatures" exactly equals the number of people who signed it?

No way in hell. Just take a look at the names on the list and it's pretty obvious. I seriously doubt CCM signed it, yet his name is there. It's pretty simple to sit down with a phone book and start copying names when there's no verification whatsoever.

Pearl broke rules at UWM, and broke rules at UT.

I get that every coach bends the rules, the difference is he got caught and lied.

Will he all of a sudden become the cleanest coach in the country, is that what you're saying?

My worry if I'm hart, and something I need cleared up, is what do ticky tack violations get me from the NCAA? If I have a player shoot on the court during a visit like Martin let Hubbs, will you tell me not to do it again and that be it? Or will you punish my university more because of who our coach is?

Why don't you say he lied, got setup, told the truth and paid his dues.

Your spin is unbelievable. Half truths or just not telling it all.

Ever tried driving a car forward while only focused on the rear view Mirrors. If that is the method you choose do it then you are never going to move forward without an accident.

Here we go again, ticky tack violations arguments. Who knows at this point, it will be addressed and there is an easy fix.

The problem with the NCAA is not lying to them, the problem is telling them the truth.

Again, I told you it would be a 360 degree argument. Half of a cup vs the cup is half full.

Lets argue it this way. Martin Resigns, we don't have a coach, nobody wants to come here, we can't afford who we really want. The incoming recruits De-commit
some of the players on the team move to other universities, fan base are no shows, a lot of drama over every potential hire, fans threatened to no-show games.

The NCAA is a joke....when it comes to investigating...The fear of a law suit sends them running. If their punishment was fair and equitable then fine but face it, it is very selective.

We were in the barrel, Kiffin got us there, also I think other coaches were jealous of Pearl, Summit, the facilities and everything else UTK has to offer. No other Coach wanted to go to the extremes that Pearl did with his team and really the NCAA deeper look at the program was about Pearl's past, Kiffin's arrogance and Summit's domination. When you have players receiving money and you do nothing about it then we have a problem.

Have you signed the petition or you just waiting for Martin to be let go. You stay on top of Vol Basketball well and I truly appreciate your input regarding the team bubble games and your enthusiasm it is all good. When it gets personal or emotional with you you become a little more arrogant and slanted.

Plenty of time for non productive arguments and negative discussions. We can what if this to death.

Let me add, that for 3 years I counseled and mentored convicted felons while in prison before they returned to society. It is all about the individuals acceptance of accountability and the individuals acceptance of responsibility with his community and family when he returns......

Last edited:
Ok. Auburn.

What if he's not? He's nailed it in recruiting but what if he tops out at 8 wins in 3-4 years?

Meanwhile, what if we hire Micheal White from La Tech and Bruce Pearl is taking Auburn or Clemson to Sweet 16's while we are hosting Middle Tennessee in the NIT at TBA?

If football is sucking a&& he's probably gone regardless of who's coaching the basketball team. And there's no guarantee that Pearl comes in here and wins like he did, or stays outta trouble.

There's a lot of ifs involved.

Not gonna get into it, all I was saying was that saying Hart will be fired if he doesn't hire Pearl is asinine.

PHP:
You have never been one that I have read to cast stones. I have no problem at all with diverse opinions. I just think it is ridiculous for some to continually harp on Pearl's previous mistakes as if they have never made any.

Just because people bring up Pearl's past mistakes doesn't mean they don't make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, but that doesn't mean the man who put your program on probation should be rehired to run your program. Kind of like rehiring a driver for your company who has 3 prior DUI convictions and 1 was previously as your employee. He made mistakes like all of us. But would you rehire him? Would you take that chance?

That is just the argument. That being said, I would welcome Bruce back. I just understand why others don't.

Reactions: 2 people
Just because people bring up Pearl's past mistakes doesn't mean they don't make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, but that doesn't mean the man who put your program on probation should be rehired to run your program. Kind of like rehiring a driver for your company who has 3 prior DUI convictions and 1 was previously as your employee. He made mistakes like all of us. But would you rehire him? Would you take that chance?

That is just the argument. That being said, I would welcome Bruce back. I just understand why others don't.
Witch Doctor say thats a good point BUT DUI driver kill others and BBQ unites us..Witch Doctor lie to W_D wife all the time about sneaking power lunches and ice cream. lol
BBB
Bones never lie

First of all 3 DUI convictions usually doesn't get you hired as a driver. As an employer if you set him up for failure then are you not a scumbag also.

Second, if a driver has three DUIs and has not been to REHAB or made or taken some effort to correct his issue (alcoholism). Then why would you rehire him.

Apples and Oranges without knowing the facts as to what will happen between Hart and Pearl should the opportunity arise.

Last edited:
First of all 3 DUI convictions usually doesn't get you hired as a driver. As an employer if you set him up for failure then are you not a scumbag also.

Second, if a driver has three DUIs and has not been to REHAB or made or taken some effort to correct his issue (alcoholism). Then why would you rehire him.

Apples and Oranges without knowing the facts as to what will happen between Hart and Pearl should the opportunity arise.

You can differentiate it all you want, but you understand the point. Ok, would you rehire a CEO that caused your company to be involved in an SEC (as in, Securities and Exchange) investigation? Same concept.

Again, I would welcome BP back, but it isn't difficult to understand the other point of view. For people to be outraged at that point of view is kind of ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 people
You can differentiate it all you want, but you understand the point. Ok, would you rehire a CEO that caused your company to be involved in an SEC (as in, Securities and Exchange) investigation? Same concept.

Again, I would welcome BP back, but it isn't difficult to understand the other point of view. For people to be outraged at that point of view is kind of ridiculous.

A lot of factors, I would look at the performance of the individual, what caused the investigation and have you ever been involved in a SEC (Securities and Exchange) investigation. Depends on which organization. Every transaction is recorded, documented, filed, secured and reported.

In other words, there is zero time required to gather information or cover it up because when it happens the documentation is in clear view.

There is a ton of information being thrown out about Pearl and his situation. I would welcome him back, but as his supervisor he would be pretty much handcuffed until he understood or proved to me he wasn't going to pull these antics again.

In fact, he may not be willing to accept the job because of the boundaries, parameters or restrictions place on him.

I would give him the opportunity to turn it down because I value him as a commodity that knows how to coach, he knows Xs and Os, he can motivate and he brings energy to the fan base.

To me his hire is a no brainer, but yes there would be caveats.

Bobby Petrino to UL again = Winning.

Frank Haith to Mizzou = Winning

Bruce Pearl to UT again = Winning.

Before the "one had no NCAA issues and the other did" crowd starts on Bobby P: he hired his mistress for a job that was less qualified than other applicants while authorizing funds usage by her that was athletic department money. All of which involved lying to his superiors, family, fans, etc. Apparently that is not an NCAA violation to be unethical, financially corrupt and lack moral conviction - because there are no regs to handle it. Unless you are Penn State and the crime is so blatantly sick and perverted you can suddenly find some that will work. Adultery is OK apparently. Just us good ole boys you know.

Frank Haith throws cash at a convicted Ponzi scheme con (Shapiro) that owned Miami's athletics. Frank passed some cash through an assistant to the tune of at least $10,000 and probably more that was not in the final ruling to buy Shapiro's silence on illegal recruiting activities and contributions to the program. That sure appears highly corrupt, illegal, and morally wrong. It also involved cover-ups and lying. He gets a 5 game suspension. Still making his millions and working.

So let's cut the crap. Pearl got caught doing far less than those two, eventually owned it publicly, and has done his time openly and with great class. Yet those two have coaching jobs at high level schools; one only missed 5 games of time while the other went into self imposed exile for far less time than Pearl has served.

So you may say that both of them ended up coaching at different schools. Except Bobby P ended up back at the school that he did his best work. Somehow they forgave him for voluntarily leaving and all of his many "indiscretions" in a variety of subjects and places. Haith knew Miami was tubing under tons of football and basketball violations - so he took off and got a good gig somewhere else. Yet, we as fans and financial supporters of UT are supposed to believe that Bruce should not be allow to be our coach again. He did something so wrong and hideous that it cannot be forgiven. How ridiculous as well as sanctimonious by a lot of hypocritical people.

Empty seats are the answer. Just like it has been in football.

Reactions: 4 people
Its pretty pointless to discuss Bruce being hired when we still have a coach. BTW the odds are still overwhelming we will be dancing this year. Martin will be the coach next year. Pearl to BC

Imagine UT rehiring Bruce Pearl this year.

UT Athletics' head coaches for the highest revenue programs would be:

Butch Jones - Football
Bruce Pearl - Basketball
Holly Warlick - Women's Basketball
Dave Serrano - Baseball
Ralph and Karen Weekly - Softball

That's a heck of a coaching team for UT Athletics. With the excitement surrounding Bruce Pearl's return and the return to winning Football, season ticket sales for both sports would improve dramatically. Could you imagine the attendance for the first game that Pearl coaches back in TBA?

Dave Hart has focused on building the Athletic Departments reserves and wants it done quickly. The fans want a basketball team that wins and is fun to watch. Rehiring Bruce Pearl accomplishes both.

I thought that I would never see UT switch to Nike and it happened. Dave Hart got it done. UT fans may be in for another surprise!

For the love of all that is holy, Dave Hart: REHIRE BRUCE PEARL!!

65968_00.jpg

Holly needs to go just as much as Cuonzo. Sorry for all the women's sport enthusiasts, true statement.

Its pretty pointless to discuss Bruce being hired when we still have a coach. BTW the odds are still overwhelming we will be dancing this year. Martin will be the coach next year. Pearl to BC

yes you are right....one game at a time.....BC would seem like a possibility, but who knows, anything can happen and until CCMs future is decided there is only the discussion of discussing what we don't know or what we cannot predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back