Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that is that the "haven't you ever made a mistake?" argument is a complete red herring and is usually an attempt to minimize Pearl's mistake down to "just a BBQ".

I don't like the moralizers either, but like it or not, the hypocrites still have a point when talking about Pearl's past. It's just a matter of how willing you are to look past it.
It was not the BBQ, but the subsequent dishonesty about said BBQ. Then we had the bump or non-bump incident.
All I know is the punishment did not fit the crime, Haith for example.
I am more than willing to give Pearl a second chance. Not saying he is the only coach out there, but I do like his proven track record at UT. I think that is important.

That video really makes me want Bruce back. We forgive you and want you to come back home. You can tell the players really enjoyed playing for him.

Try not to cry, lol. I realize Pearl's actions had a large role in the current state of our bball program - but CM has taken us to a new low every year. It's time for Bruce.

Anyone who says "CCM has taken UT to a new low every year" hasn't been following UT basketball very long.

Catchy tune.

I am not going to argue with you because we can go at this for hours in a vicious cycle. 360 degrees. You are beat up quite a bit on this board and I don't know if you have a chip on your shoulder or not.

I know anything I say will be counterpointed and not discussed. So what's the point of arguing with a brick wall.

Hart is not Hamilton. Hart is the current AD. A lot have portrayed him as weak and not knowing trust me he knows how to handle this situation and will if the cards fall into place for him to do so.

Let's wait and see if Matin is let go and then see what happens.

Not worried about Pearl and 2nd or 3rd chances. He will get it right.

Go look at the two videos that have surfaced today regarding the Pearl situation and then tell me you don't want this for Volunteer Basketball.

It is not an action of non support to sign the petition to rehire Pearl. It only becomes relevant if Martin is let go.

Signing the petition only means that we the signees support Vol Basketball and want what's best for this team and University.....in our 40000 + opinions.

Pearl broke rules at UWM, and broke rules at UT.

I get that every coach bends the rules, the difference is he got caught and lied.

Will he all of a sudden become the cleanest coach in the country, is that what you're saying?

My worry if I'm hart, and something I need cleared up, is what do ticky tack violations get me from the NCAA? If I have a player shoot on the court during a visit like Martin let Hubbs, will you tell me not to do it again and that be it? Or will you punish my university more because of who our coach is?

Watching that video just brings back so many great memories. We still have the chance to make more of those memories. It's up to Hart to make that happen.

I really really want Bruce Pearl back!!!!!!!!!

For your sake, don't get your hopes up!!! Percentages say that he won't be rehired........

this is a common sense move and the U.T. admin is not capable of taking advantage of this. They will over think this decision and hire someone else......

You've got posters saying Dave Hart will be fired if Pearl isn't the hire, that's why.

Saying he would get fired if he doesn't hire Pearl is silly.

However, if he passes on Pearl and goes and hires some low rent basketball coach like we got 3 years ago, it's going to be very ugly for him if Pearl rolls into town in a maroon blazer and mops the floor with us in TBA.

Just sayin.

Reactions: 1 person
Saying he would get fired if he doesn't hire Pearl is silly.

However, if he passes on Pearl and goes and hires some low rent basketball coach like we got 3 years ago, it's going to be very ugly for him if Pearl rolls into town in a maroon blazer and mops the floor with us in TBA.

Just sayin.

I doubt we see Boston College in the regular season.

j/k

Thompson Boling Arena Capacity - 21,678
Men's Basketball Record - 25,610
1989 Tennessee-Kentucky which is also the SEC record for an SEC regular season game
Petition to Rehire Pearl as of 2-26-2014 - 26,773

If Tennessee would like to see those kinds of attendance numbers again, we all know the answer!

Have some friends that know some that work closely with UT admin and they were told as recently as last week that Cheek is the hurdle because "Bruce lied to his face 2 separate times about everything and will never be hired back." Just relaying info. Hope its wrong. Really tired of JImmy Cheek honestly. I would say he could probably feel that way but if big money donors push for it then anything can happen.

Thompson Boling Arena Capacity - 21,678
Men's Basketball Record - 25,610
1989 Tennessee-Kentucky which is also the SEC record for an SEC regular season game
Petition to Rehire Pearl as of 2-26-2014 - 26,773

If Tennessee would like to see those kinds of attendance numbers again, we all know the answer!

do you really think the number of "signatures" exactly equals the number of people who signed it?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back