The Memphis Grizzlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3SOB updated their article. Said all of their claims about Pera wanting a redesign are inaccurate and that it was just something special for MVPs.

Thank God. Nothing else to see here.

3SOB admits to jumping the gun, overreacting, and having no sources? That'd be way more accurate. Bloggers with ego.

NBA has discussed bigger court, 4-point shot - ESPN

NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn and vice president Kiki Vandeweghe acknowledged in a recent interview with ESPN.com that the league office, at least in an exploratory fashion, has weighed expanding the dimensions of the court and the introduction of a 4-point shot.

David-after-Dentist.jpg

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but I don't value the opinions of non-Grizz fans.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to ask you to change your username and remove all other mention of the word irish or Notre Dame. Thanks.

Too bad that the uniform reboot is off the table - I would have loved to see the Grizz add gold to the equation, although I would prefer navy to black. After all, it doesn't get much better than blue and gold.

special-notre-dame-football-980x504.jpg

I could see some merit in modestly increasing the size of the court, as the paint area can get a bit crowded with multiple 7 footers in there. I think any benefits would be offset by logistical challenges as teams may have to reconfigure arenas. The lower bowls are generally set, and therefore they would likely lose some courtside or premium seating.

On the other hand, I wasn't around when the three point line was added - I'm sure there were objections then. But the four point shot idea seems to be adding a variable that really isn't necessary. Does anyone really think back very fondly on the Bricklayers and Violators in the MTV Rock & Jock days?

After that, we should add in bonus zones like in the Super Mario sports games. They shine a different colored spotlight somewhere on the court for 5 to 10 seconds, and if you hit a shot from that zone before it expires, you get anywhere from 5 to 8 points! It will really revolutionize the game.

I'm not sure. I still have yet to hear from MphsBlues about my tickets and travel arrangements...

:search:

I can't believe there were no tickets available for the Lakers game. I asked the girl who gives the tickets out 'People actually wanna see the Lakers??' Probably a customer w/ left coast allegiance..

Call me a negavol, but if you presented the following two options to me, I would choose the latter:

1) Win out and lose in the opening round of the NCAAT
2) Lose out and have a new coach next year

Your local SEC network carrier, I believe.

Do you really want to watch, though...? I mean, really?

Should be a smackdown, but I'd like the option to go back and forth on commercials. Did the Grizz and the Vols have to synchronize their schedules? Seems like they are always playing at the same damn time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back