The Memphis Grizzlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 7th or 8th seed is a first round loss but if they could find a way to get in to the 6th they would have a chance to advance. That's if Houston hangs on to the spot. That team has no identity at all.

Oh please not the mighty thunder, we never beat them

I'm with OF21. We're going to make the playoffs. Come on, people. We're 14-5 by my count since we got Marc back. Sustain anything close to that record over the final 27 games and we should make the playoffs easily.

And we shouldn't care who our first round matchup is, because at this point our goal as a franchise should be a Finals appearance. To get there, we're going to have to get through the best in the West at some point.

Yeah, at 31-24, we are still 2 games back of the 8th seed in the West.

Meanwhile the Hawks, at 26-29, are comfortably in the playoffs in the East.

By no means is it time to write this team off. They're just now getting healthy and shaking the rust off. There are still 27 games left - plenty of time to make up a two game deficit to PHX or possibly four games to DAL/GS. They've dug themselves a hole, but it's certainly not insurmountable.

That said, it won't be easy. Of those 27 games remaining, 16 are on the road. 13 are against teams with a winning record (with 9 of those on the road). 10 games left with the Eastern Conf, though three of those are with Miami and Indiana. They've only got three games left with PHX/DAL/GS (two on the road) - the last game of the year is at home against the Mavs. That could be big.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to ask you to change your username and remove all other mention of the word irish or Notre Dame. Thanks.

Sounds like you guys might sign Jimmer. While he is far from a complete player, he's shooting 49% from 3 this year. I think he would be a nice fit for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back