'15 GA WR Preston Williams (UT Signee 2/4/15)

LOL. He's a junior in high school. He may have 5 different girlfriends by the time signing day rolls around.

That said, I hope we find his girlfriend a scholarship.

yeah if you had let in my HS girlfriend i would have definitely decommitted

Reactions: 1 person
Woody Wommack put up a video interview with Preston from the Adidas camp. This kid loves being a UT commit, said he was 100% committed a couple times. Said he works out every day 6am before school. Focusing on school, plans to be an EE and can't wait to move to Knoxville for college. Said he talked to TJ Rhaming and he was talking about possiblly committing to UT. Coming up to UT for a visit March 8th, going to a Rivals camp and Nike camp at the end of March also.

He's more of a justin hunter than Darick. Tall, lean (tho not as lean as jh), and very athletic. I think he's going to be better than hunter though, baring injury.

He has better hands than both Hunter and Rogers. He is faster than both. He is better than both.

He's not 100% solid, regardless of what he says

All I know is that he has told opposing coaches he is 100% Tennessee and has been a Tennessee fan for a number of years. I think there is no question about his committment. I don't think that even the $$$ that some schools will be enough to get him away from Tennessee. He loves the competition and believes he is better than any WR we have and expects to show it n 2015.

Last edited:
He's not 100% solid, regardless of what he says

The way I look at it is none of the commits are 100% until they sign that LOI. There is always a chance that a commit can flip/change their minds no matter what they say in interviews. We just have to hope the coaches are worth their salt with recruiting and prove they can coach and develop players so they can continue to bring in these top notch recruits.

Well, I regret that I'm about to post this, but...

"I am giving other schools a chance," said Williams. "I still see myself as a strong Tennessee commitment, but I have other visits lined up, and I am still going to talk with other coaches."

"I just felt at home the first time I was visiting, then it was the same every other time. I feel good when I am there, I get along great with the coaches, and it is like home up there for me."

"Florida is my No. 2 school right now," said Williams. "I really like Coach Phillips a lot and he has me looking at Florida.

"Florida has been on me hard and*Georgia*has too. I have them right there with Florida at No. 3. I have been in contact with Coach [Tony] Ball almost every day for a few weeks now. I will be visiting Georgia soon.

"Alabama*and*South Carolina*are in this also and I will be at Alabama on March 1, then I will visit South Carolina March 29. I have a lot of schools coming, so I want to get out and see other places."

-scout

"I am giving other schools a chance," said Williams. "I still see myself as a strong Tennessee commitment, but I have other visits lined up, and I am still going to talk with other coaches."

"I just felt at home the first time I was visiting, then it was the same every other time. I feel good when I am there, I get along great with the coaches, and it is like home up there for me."

"Florida is my No. 2 school right now," said Williams. "I really like Coach Phillips a lot and he has me looking at Florida.

"Florida has been on me hard and*Georgia*has too. I have them right there with Florida at No. 3. I have been in contact with Coach [Tony] Ball almost every day for a few weeks now. I will be visiting Georgia soon.

"Alabama*and*South Carolina*are in this also and I will be at Alabama on March 1, then I will visit South Carolina March 29. I have a lot of schools coming, so I want to get out and see other places."

-scout

Unpleasant news. Twill rustle the jimmies.

-scout

So basically, he is not really committed at all but it is at least safe to say for now that Tennessee leads...This isn't surprising news given how far we are from signing day and this kid's stock is really taking off right now. It will definitely be a fight but I believe him when he said Tennessee felt like home and Butch has done well with kids when getting an early lead.

Butch's response to all the coaches going after UT commits...

6zuem.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
Never worried about going against UF for a wide receiver recruit. Georgia on the other hand.... that's reason to worry if they truly want him bad.

We just need Riley Fergmeister to ball out this year and Preston will be all orange.

I actually like this. Hopefully, our fans will learn that you have to recruit the best players in the nation until the very end.

I'm not worried. When has Butch let anyone down in recruiting so far?

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not worried, atp. It's still 11 months away until NSD 2015, and the kid has emphasized one thing that's very important that our coaches give him: relationship. He committed in September and has only positive things to say about the Vols. You gotta expect a kid of this caliber to keep his options open. After the smoke clears, the relationship the coaches built with the kid will lead to victory. We really going to do this right now?

I actually like this. Hopefully, our fans will learn that you have to recruit the best players in the nation until the very end.

I'm not worried. When has Butch let anyone down in recruiting so far?

I want other schools to want the recruits we want or have committed already. I also don't blame these kids for wanting to visit other schools.

Strikes me as the kinda kid who, once the excitement from his commitment wears off, (which happens anytime you commit to a school very early in the process) will want to make a new splash and commit elsewhere later in the process... Wouldn't be surprised to see him flip. Just get that vibe. JMO

Personally, I'd love to see more guys jump on board early and recruit hard like Wharton, Hurd, Kelly, Butcher, and Cherry. Why can't Williams be like one of those guys? Talk about mixed emotions... awesome to see him dominate in camp yet frustrating to hear him looking around.

We are now recruiting top tier talent.
There's going to be a lot of competition for the top players.
I don't think this staff will be out worked on a recruit.

It will be a year-long struggle, but it is an improvement over the
years when other schools didn't want our commitments.

Preston Williams is a player every school would want.

I'm excited he wants to be an EE.
Trust in CBJ.

GBO

VN Store

Back