Lady Vols Recruiting Info

Pulling A'Ja from her hometown and home state university will be difficult under the best circumstances. Holly just needs to win games; in the regular season and in the tournament. This will attract the best players. The Lady Vol fan base will do the rest.

Reactions: 1 person
if we don't get her the key to the next class is two great post player. We must get them and hopefully Durr or another top rated point guard. We have plenty of perimeter players.

We need to put on an impressive performance against LSU and have a great crowd of 11,000 plus. This would be a great way to show A'ja what she can expect playing at UT. No one, not even Connecticut, has the fan support UT does. (Her official visit is Jan. 2-4) Oh, plus Candace's jersey will be retired that night. Could be a great showcase for Lady Vol basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
We need to put on an impressive performance against LSU and have a great crowd of 11,000 plus. This would be a great way to show A'ja what she can expect playing at UT. No one, not even Connecticut, has the fan support UT does. (Her official visit is Jan. 2-4) Oh, plus Candace's jersey will be retired that night. Could be a great showcase for Lady Vol basketball.

Crowd will or can be a problem. Lady Vols should win by about 15 and play all players suited.

Last edited:
Jamasha Jackson Just commited

MeMe Jackson
‏@Hoopin_Mj
I just committed to the university of Tennessee 🍊

I know she's considered one of the top 50 prospects in the class of 2015 according to a Scout article I read from January. What else do we know about her?

Daryl Hobby @WVLTdaryl
...the 8th best wing in the class of 2015 and the 43rd overall player in the class. #LadyVols

#43 ESPN
#23 ProspectsNation
#35 ASGR
#6 BlueStar
Unranked by Fullcourt Top 50 but likely to change

Consensus #22 in the country

For comparison, think defense of Hornbuckle, athleticism of Glory Johnson, but better offensively than both. Holly is getting a GREAT player! I think this gives TN the inside track on her 2016 teammate Crystal Dangerfield, the top PG in that class. Also, LeaLea Carter out of Dickson (top 10 player in 2016) is high on TN's radar.

Huh? Jackson's only averaging 9.4 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game. She's hitting just 41% from the field (28% on 3-pointers) and 54% from the FT line.
MeMe Jackson's (Murfreesboro, TN) High School Girls Basketball Stats

She also plays for the #1 ranked high school team in the nation that has the entire starting lineup being recruited by Division 1 schools. Her stats would be larger on most all other teams. She is extremely athletic. Just needs to work on becoming a more consistent 3 point shooter. Has a really good pull up game. Very good rebounder and gets a lot of steals. Hopefully this will help pull Crystal Dangerfield for 2016 class.

Are we out of the running for the #1 player in 2015 Asia Durr?

No, we are very involved and Durr definitely has interest. However, it will be hard to pull her from UConn. We have a better shot at Tea Cooper, who's been to Knoxville several times and it planning on coming back again.

There's not a lot of difference between Durr & Cooper. Both are game changing PGs. Also, top 2016 PG Dangerfield is very high on TNs radar.

If she has the grades, one player I hope we're keeping an eye on is Memphis Oakhaven's Derica Wiggins, a 5-7 senior guard. I think she could be a late steal for some major program during the spring signing period.

Though unranked nationally, Wiggins is a phenomenal scorer who's averaging 33.5 points, 6.3 steals, 5 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game while hitting 66% from the field, including 54% on 3-pointers.
Derica Wiggins' (Memphis, TN) High School Girls Basketball Stats

Wiggins is a true gym rat who's doing well in the classroom, according to this report:
The Scoring Machine - One News Page VIDEO

No, we are very involved and Durr definitely has interest. However, it will be hard to pull her from UConn. We have a better shot at Tea Cooper, who's been to Knoxville several times and it planning on coming back again.

There's not a lot of difference between Durr & Cooper. Both are game changing PGs. Also, top 2016 PG Dangerfield is very high on TNs radar.

Tea Cooper is committed to North Carolina at the present time. Some rumors she is looking around at other schools including Tennessee.

Last edited:
MeMe Jackson
‏@Hoopin_Mj
I just committed to the university of Tennessee 🍊

I know she's considered one of the top 50 prospects in the class of 2015 according to a Scout article I read from January. What else do we know about her?

Doesn't matter...fire Holly :pinch:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tea Cooper is committed to North Carolina at the present time. Some rumors she is looking around at other schools including Tennessee.

No, she decommitted from UNC almost a year ago. Her choices are wide open, with TN being very high on the list.

#43 ESPN
#23 ProspectsNation
#35 ASGR
#6 BlueStar
Unranked by Fullcourt Top 50 but likely to change

Consensus #22 in the country

For comparison, think defense of Hornbuckle, athleticism of Glory Johnson, but better offensively than both. Holly is getting a GREAT player! I think this gives TN the inside track on her 2016 teammate Crystal Dangerfield, the top PG in that class. Also, LeaLea Carter out of Dickson (top 10 player in 2016) is high on TN's radar.

These rankings are ridiculous. How can you be #6 in one list and #43 in another? That is a big difference.

Speaking of Asia Durr. Coach Elzy posted one of her cryptic tweets that she was in Georgia Friday night. Possibly to see Asia play? They had a game that night.

VN Store

Back