Official Nashville Predators Thread

It was a right jab at Toujor, no Predator player, coach, fan, our arena, uniform, line combinations, jersey, or our sales rep is of standard when he's here.

Back end of a double header against one of the best in the NHL. Lest see if we can't snag a point of two. Keep it rolling and we just might make a race of it.

I don't understand how Eckholm and Beck participate in a shoot out before David Legwand.

With that said, that was one hell of a hockey game.

Lol surely everybody in the league now knows Legwand's half ass forehand back hand move.

Sad that 3 of our 4 shooters were d men. Ellis & Josi have some pretty filthy hands in the shootout though.

The point was big against that team, but it sure would have been nice if that puck had stayed on Josi's stick. I'm not seeing how Ek goes over Smith, Wilson, etc.

Shouldn't we start tanking? Does anyone really care if we manage to squeak into the playoffs as an 8 seed and get swept in the first round?

Have there been any recent updates on Rinne?

I'd be ok with tanking at this point. We need to draft some offensive help.

Rinne began weight bearing exercise on 10 Jan. That's the last I've seen

No reason to start ranking now we're just 4 points back of Vancouver for the last wildcard spot. I think they have a game in hand though.

They've actually been playing good hockey lately..I think it's safe to say with a healthy Pekka we'd be in the 6-8 spot.

Starting to get interesting. I'd say no to tanking because we're in a reasonable race to get in the playoffs. We couldn't tank enough to get a pick high enough to really justify it (top 5 or so) I don't think. I don't think we're in a position to pass on a chance at the post season as a franchise.

Starting to get interesting. I'd say no to tanking because we're in a reasonable race to get in the playoffs. We couldn't tank enough to get a pick high enough to really justify it (top 5 or so) I don't think. I don't think we're in a position to pass on a chance at the post season as a franchise.

I think you're right in your last sentence, but still.

1) I don't have any realistic expectation to see Rinne back on the ice this year. Especially after getting the runaround with Maymon last year with a very similar ailment.

2) I'm not convinced we'll make the playoffs without Rinne.

3) If we did, it would probably be as an 8 seed, and we would probably get swept. Not sure how much good that does our franchise.

But I think you're right. Nothing we can do about it. Gotta push for a playoff berth.

It'll be really telling to see what happens with guys like Cullen and Legwand, especially Leggy. That'll give a great sense of what the front office thinks. Legwand could potentially be worth a 1st from the right team, but he's also one of our top offensive guys this year as well. At this point I wouldn't mind dumping Cullen and Stalberg and just calling the last offseason a complete wash. Would open up some money for a redo this year.

Poile gets hit in the face with a puck at morning skate & Pete Weber had a heart attack this morning as well. Apparently they're both doing alright at a local hospital in St. Paul.

Scary stuff. Prayers to both of them.

It'll be really telling to see what happens with guys like Cullen and Legwand, especially Leggy. That'll give a great sense of what the front office thinks. Legwand could potentially be worth a 1st from the right team, but he's also one of our top offensive guys this year as well. At this point I wouldn't mind dumping Cullen and Stalberg and just calling the last offseason a complete wash. Would open up some money for a redo this year.

Stalberg is a good player for his cap hit, but he needs a solid pivot. Yeah, I just described 150 other players also, but if you can manage to find someone this summer, Stastny will be a $7m guy, but maybe Broadway Brad will be out there at a reasonable cap hit for what he brings. He's a good player and a great pro, but his contract is unfortunate so I figure he'll be bought out.

Part of it is Barry just doesn't really give guys much wiggle room. He's got Stalberg playing on oddball lines because he just doesn't like the way he plays. He doesn't seem to let guys play through their issues. Free agency, unfortunately isn't the way to get big time help. Look at this past free agency. There were complaints about us not getting anybody, but Nathan Horton was the top of that class and he's a 50-60 point guy. In the end, I think if we bring in a top end guy, it'll be through trade, more than likely in the offseason.

Another lost point tonight, but it doesn't look like Minnesota is a team to chase at this point. It's gonna be 5 teams chasing 1 spot down the stretch. Need to at grab a point Saturday going into the break.

We have to find a way to get 2 points. Our combined record in OT and SO is the difference in being a playoff team right now (including absence of all world goalie).

VN Store

Back