Its Time

Kids know better than to read this stuff...

List of things that I will not let my child do...

1. Go to the University of Alabama
2. Do Drugs
3. Drink before they are 21
4. Cheer for the Yankees
5. Have soda before bed
6. Have candy for breakfast
7. Get into an unmarked van
8. Stand in line for Justin Bieber concert\
9. Take a speech class from Lou Holtz
10. Read Volnation

2. Do Drugs
4. Cheer for the Yankees
5. Have soda before bed
10. Read Volnation

:good!: and your good to go bro.

2. Do Drugs
4. Cheer for the Yankees
5. Have soda before bed
10. Read Volnation

You 20, or 22?

I wish, Mr. Hart, to express the feelings with which I vote for the dismissal of Coach Martin from the University of Tennessee; and to state, in a few words, the reasons that impel me to this act.

I feel impelled, Mr. Hart, to vote for this Act by an overruling necessity. Earlier this year I was convinced that the Tennessee would be compelled either to separate from Martin, by dissolving the contract of the UT staff, or they would be compelled to abolish the institution of high ticket prices for a poo poo product and bring back the black curtain. This, in my judgment, was the only alternative; and I foresaw that the administration would be compelled, at some day, to make her selection. The day has now come, and Tennessee must make her selection, either to separate from Coach Martin, and assume the position of a university that is tired of losing in such miserable fashion, or she must submit to a system of policy that will drive the fans further away to the point no one even shouts MONEY on a three.

I have hesitated long before I have given the vote I now intend to give. If the destruction of this team entailed on us just a few losses a year, I could bear it, for I have seen these losses and felt its sting. But firing Martin, Mr. Hart, would be one of the least of the evils that would befall us. History gives us no account of the exodus of such an importance. We neither have a place to which to remove them to, nor the means of such removal. They therefore must remain with us according to those who "know." We ourselves would become demoralized and degraded if we are forced to watch this product on the court year after year. The former result of Buzz Peterson would take place, and we ourselves would become the walking dead of fanhood. This being the alternative, I cannot hesitate for a moment what my duty is. I must separate from the individuals that remain on the side of Coach Martin, the one under which I have lived, and under which I wished to die. But I must do my duty to the VolNation and my fellow fans; and humanity, in my judgment, demands that Tennessee should separate herself from the Coach Martin era.
If I am wrong in this responsible act, I hope all will forgive me; for I am not actuated, as I think, from any motive save that of justice and philanthropy!

Ummm...I glanced and saw "impelled" and "responsible" act and figured...."9th grade poster". We get it though. Volnation is another language.

I wish, Mr. Hart, to express the feelings with which I vote for the dismissal of Coach Martin from the University of Tennessee; and to state, in a few words, the reasons that impel me to this act.

I feel impelled, Mr. Hart, to vote for this Act by an overruling necessity. Earlier this year I was convinced that the Tennessee would be compelled either to separate from Martin, by dissolving the contract of the UT staff, or they would be compelled to abolish the institution of high ticket prices for a poo poo product and bring back the black curtain. This, in my judgment, was the only alternative; and I foresaw that the administration would be compelled, at some day, to make her selection. The day has now come, and Tennessee must make her selection, either to separate from Coach Martin, and assume the position of a university that is tired of losing in such miserable fashion, or she must submit to a system of policy that will drive the fans further away to the point no one even shouts MONEY on a three.

I have hesitated long before I have given the vote I now intend to give. If the destruction of this team entailed on us just a few losses a year, I could bear it, for I have seen these losses and felt its sting. But firing Martin, Mr. Hart, would be one of the least of the evils that would befall us. History gives us no account of the exodus of such an importance. We neither have a place to which to remove them to, nor the means of such removal. They therefore must remain with us according to those who "know." We ourselves would become demoralized and degraded if we are forced to watch this product on the court year after year. The former result of Buzz Peterson would take place, and we ourselves would become the walking dead of fanhood. This being the alternative, I cannot hesitate for a moment what my duty is. I must separate from the individuals that remain on the side of Coach Martin, the one under which I have lived, and under which I wished to die. But I must do my duty to the VolNation and my fellow fans; and humanity, in my judgment, demands that Tennessee should separate herself from the Coach Martin era.
If I am wrong in this responsible act, I hope all will forgive me; for I am not actuated, as I think, from any motive save that of justice and philanthropy!

All that^ just to say far Counzo ! :rolleyes:

Tell me why we wouldn't hire back the coach that brought the best 6 years in our history? Anything is possible if enough people get behind it. I still think there is a possibility if the "right" people get involved and want to make it happen.

Because he is the reason we are in this mess.

In reading the Martin post game comments "they sound like comments from a defeated coach". He actually said we did a great job in the 2nd half. I am over Tn basketball until a change is made. Really we are in a black hole and if you think this year is bad just wait until next year.

You feel "impelled"? That must really hurt.

Why must dismissing Martin require only rehiring Bruce? When will UT fans realize he will never be rehired at UT?

Yeah and James Bond fans believed that Sean Connery would never play Bond again, too.

Leave it to Martin to ruin what should've been an absolutely wonderful day to be a VOL. The guy is a joke. However, if we have to suck in a sport, I would much rather it be basketball.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back