Aja Wilson Visit.

strength of schedule ?
Don't think so.

Sagarin has TN SOS as #1 & uconn #26.
Realtimerpi.com has uconn #3 and TN #7
Massey has uconn #1 TN #6

Don't know how you'd interpret these widely differing results, but unless there is an explanation, I'd call it a draw on SOS.

k some of the questions fans ask are somewhat downright Crazy, using kind words here, if she goes south .it will be a real surprise

Hard to say for sure how she will do. In HS bigs don't have much competition and don't have to work hard, so they're more of a question mark.

She would be a big help for the Lady Vols if she would be willing to play the 5. I don't understand why UT doesn't have more blocks. 84 so far for the team. You'd think with a big front line there would be more. In comparison, uconn has three players with at least 50 blocks each.

How about comparing the number of attempts inside the paint against uconn and the number against Tenn., then tell us about the number of blocks?

I'm not sure I understand your statement Allfor. . .

I just looked up Ucons stats & they are holding teams to under 50 pts/game. . . Are you saying their opponents are scoring all 3's or they are taking a boatload of shots in the paint & not making them?

My thoughts on her recruitment: If you were a 18 year old female (not to be confused to a similar male who is going to go to Ky for the one year before the NBA) and had a choice of schools. Trying to be objective: One great coach, great players, but a non-competitive conference, and of course the coach is the USA Olympic coach, strong fan base you would know you would get better in practice and win some NCAA championships during your stay.

versus selecting one of two southern schools in the South and near home. One has an African American female coach, nationally known in your home state, the other has the largest fan base and a roster full of great players trying to get back to where they were for many years. Both offer the potential of getting to the big dance every year.

The missing unknown is star power. Some players want to be the center, as we know from last year's two non-commits. And I'm an ole guy with no ability or interest in trying to analyze like a super female basketball player who is a senior in high school.

Reactions: 2 people
wasn't UConn playing the 30 or 35th toughest schedule by RPI rating so far this year ?

Hi gm -

I admit I don't know much about how the rpi ratings are made but I know google :)

from NCAA Women's Basketball RPI | NCAA.com the uconners are 3rd vs ut's 6th

the same ranking are from this site RealTimeRPI.com Women's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

I'm not sure exactly how important these rankings are. The reality is, like it or not, they have knocked off some pretty highly ranked teams, The only ranking I want to see is the last one of the season with UT on top.

Reactions: 1 person
is this a violation (NCAA and criminal)?
well i can talk to a friend? And besides there are more Tenn fans up there. also SC so please take your BS and stick it. I happen to like cps and geno also .I enjoy the game of basketball,and believe me the tenn fans here have shown me a great deal of respect.as for you take your crap somewhere else

here the site if YOU think it's a violation

A'ja Wilson | ask.fm/ajawilson22

:dunno:

also here a text from that site

Just remember the 12,000 fans a game at every tennessee game compared to under 4,000, but best of luck in your decision regardless!

I rest my case

:birgits_giggle::finger3::neener::neener::neener:

Last edited:
A'ja Wilson

3 hours ago

I have been at Heathwood for 12 years and I've loved every year of it! And it's hard to believe that tonight is Senior Night! Can't believe I'm playing my last game at Heathwood honestly it just hit me that I'm a senior!!! But please come out and support us senior playing out last home game starting at 6 o'clock!

she is gonna wear ORANGE

Don't know, but I do think it is a good sign that they are continuing to visit her. If they didn't think they still had a chance I doubt they would be wasting their time. Possible selling point, besides having the best and largest fan base, is that she could come in as a starter, if she is as good as we are told. Convince her that she is what UT needs to get us back to the top.

I get the feeling that Kaela Davis regrets not coming to UT. I hope Aja doesn't make the same mistake ;)

Kaela wanted to be at UT, and never wavered on that. Her mom, however, wanted no part of UT for Kaela, and instead wanted her to be the star on the team. She wouldn't be that here. Her mom wouldn't sign the scholarship papers for Kaela to attend UT, even though Kaela was ready to.

Kaela wanted to be at UT, and never wavered on that. Her mom, however, wanted no part of UT for Kaela, and instead wanted her to be the star on the team. She wouldn't be that here. Her mom wouldn't sign the scholarship papers for Kaela to attend UT, even though Kaela was ready to.

Her mom was against it, but her dad would have signed. He signed her brother's papers to come here. Ultimately, they convinced her that GT would build around her, and I hope she's successful there.

Regardless of the specifics, my hunch is that if she could do it over again, she'd probably be having more fun vying for an SEC championship and a #1/#2/#3 NCAA seed rather than being on an unranked team that is tied for 6th in the ACC and will probably make the tournament, but depending on how they finish the season, not guaranteed. Maybe by her Senior year, GT will be a better contender, but I doubt it.

So, Aja has a chance to be reasonably close to home, yet play for a powerhouse at UT who has unequivocally the BEST fan base in WCBB.

Regardless of the specifics, my hunch is that if she could do it over again, she'd probably be having more fun vying for an SEC championship and a #1/#2/#3 NCAA seed rather than being on an unranked team that is tied for 6th in the ACC and will probably make the tournament, but depending on how they finish the season, not guaranteed. Maybe by her Senior year, GT will be a better contender, but I doubt it.

So, Aja has a chance to be reasonably close to home, yet play for a powerhouse at UT who has unequivocally the BEST fan base in WCBB.

damn right we are the best fans,just ask us :salute:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Her mom was against it, but her dad would have signed. He signed her brother's papers to come here. Ultimately, they convinced her that GT would build around her, and I hope she's successful there.

If you are good, you can be a star on any team--whether it is the Citadel or UT. We've had plenty of stars at UT--and they played on very good teams. This notion that she wouldn't get enough recognition at UT, or that she needed to go to a lesser program to stand out--is astoundingly stupid, if that in fact was the Mom's reason for opposing UT.

If you are good, you can be a star on any team--whether it is the Citadel or UT. We've had plenty of stars at UT--and they played on very good teams. This notion that she wouldn't get enough recognition at UT, or that she needed to go to a lesser program to stand out--is astoundingly stupid, if that in fact was the Mom's reason for opposing UT.

I promise you, it was the reason. She didn't want Kaela to share the spotlight with anyone. She also wanted to dictate who TN recruited around Kaela i.e. offering Kristina Nelson (who went to ND) over Mercedes (the #1 player in the class).

She moved Kaela from Norcross to Buford HS so she didn't have to be on the same HS team as Diamond Deshields. Kaela is an AMAZING player, with tons of God given talent. It's too bad people won't get to see her on the national stage, because GT is going to be behind ND, Duke, UNC, & NC State while she is in college.

VN Store

Back