The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Got mine back today. I sent mine in the hard case which is what the instructions were when I mailed it off. I did get the extended 7 rd mag w/ extension grip and an extra extension grip

Seems my instructions were not to include the case or mag.

Anyway, I got a small hard shell case that will fit in a range bag plus the extra mag.

Have heard the new trigger pull is heavier but I don't remember how it felt before I sent it in. It definitely has some heft to the pull.

Yugo sks. Put a tapco intrafuse stock on it. UTG dust cover with scope Mount, compact 1x40 scope, quad rail, and bipod. Hogue rubber grip cover. Cheek risers. Got a pro mag 20 and 30 round mag not shown.

My first rifle as a kid was a norinco sks so I wanted one to tinker with. Found this one at a good price last summer. Decided to buy it and build it the way I wanted. Think it turned out pretty good.

Oh wow. Nice job.

Just bought this chassis and a mag pull prs stock for it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
Seems my instructions were not to include the case or mag.

Anyway, I got a small hard shell case that will fit in a range bag plus the extra mag.

Have heard the new trigger pull is heavier but I don't remember how it felt before I sent it in. It definitely has some heft to the pull.

Maybe I read it wrong, I don't know. I took everything out of it though before I sent it. I don't think the trigger pull was all that bad before. I'll have to shoot it now to see if there's a major difference

I may take the EO Tech back
I mounted it on a Colt M4 with a front sight post

the mounted eo tech, lines up with the front sight post

So I'm questioning if it's worth the $400 bucks

I may take the EO Tech back
I mounted it on a Colt M4 with a front sight post

the mounted eo tech, lines up with the front sight post

So I'm questioning if it's worth the $400 bucks

It's the cowitness:

cowit1-1.jpg

Which one is it specifically? They make mounts that can change it.

It takes a little while to get used to a EOTech with the 65 MOA circle and dot. But once you get used to using the main circle for close in shooting (putting the target in the circle without regard to precise placement) and the red dot for precision at longer ranges, you might find it slightly faster on engagements.

It's the cowitness:

cowit1-1.jpg

Which one is it specifically? They make mounts that can change it.

It takes a little while to get used to a EOTech with the 65 MOA circle and dot. But once you get used to using the main circle for close in shooting (putting the target in the circle without regard to precise placement) and the red dot for precision at longer ranges, you might find it slightly faster on engagements.

glad you weighed in
I don't have the rear sights up, so it's not exactly what is seen in the pics
but sighting it in without the rear sights up, it's closer to the 1st pic

glad you weighed in
I don't have the rear sights up, so it's not exactly what is seen in the pics
but sighting it in without the rear sights up, it's closer to the 1st pic

They come with an absolute cowitness mount normally, but there are aftermarket risers that will get it to the 1/3 cowitness. Many of the red dot sights have the lower 1/3, but EOTech isn't one of them. If it is causing problems, I would suggest getting the riser:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Yankee-Hill-Machine-220-EOTech-Riser-yhm-p/yhm 220 eotech riser.htm

or Brownells

AR-15/M16 EOTECH RISER MOUNT | Brownells

Both are reputable companies. If you want to go for the gold, Larue makes one, but I don't see spending over a hundred bucks for a piece of aluminum.

They come with an absolute cowitness mount normally, but there are aftermarket risers that will get it to the 1/3 cowitness. Many of the red dot sights have the lower 1/3, but EOTech isn't one of them. If it is causing problems, I would suggest getting the riser:

yankee hill machine 220 EOTech Riser yhm

or Brownells

AR-15/M16 EOTECH RISER MOUNT | Brownells

Both are reputable companies. If you want to go for the gold, Larue makes one, but I don't see spending over a hundred bucks for a piece of aluminum.

perfect...I'll pick one up

Well, the trade bug hit me. Shot my newly returned XDs 9 at the range the other day and wasn't all that thrilled. Had a spent shell jam in the chamber (wasn't entirely sure it wasn't live), had a hell of a time getting the slide open and took it to the LGS to get the casing out (was a spent round). Gun was dirty but probably not more than a couple hundred rounds worth (100 more like it).

LGS had a used Sig P226 Tacops for a nice price and a 226 has been on my list for a while.

You can guess the rest.

Digging the short reset trigger.

Well, the trade bug hit me. Shot my newly returned XDs 9 at the range the other day and wasn't all that thrilled. Had a spent shell jam in the chamber (wasn't entirely sure it wasn't live), had a hell of a time getting the slide open and took it to the LGS to get the casing out (was a spent round). Gun was dirty but probably not more than a couple hundred rounds worth (100 more like it).

LGS had a used Sig P226 Tacops for a nice price and a 226 has been on my list for a while.

You can guess the rest.

Digging the short reset trigger.
What are these jams you speak of?

Attachments

• 1390700400385.jpg
    1390700400385.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back