Vols Switching to Nike?

I haven't seen were DP has said that. Only that the coaches have told recruits that a switch is possible and will be announced after NSD iirc.

If a kid says they prefer Nike, coaches will tell him/her that we're switching. If a kid is connected to Adidas, they'll tell him/her that we're close to signing an extension. It's all part of the game and the same sales pitch that they've given kids for a decade. Tell them whatever they want to hear.

If a kid says they prefer Nike, coaches will tell him/her that we're switching. If a kid is connected to Adidas, they'll tell him/her that we're close to signing an extension. It's all part of the game and the same sales pitch that they've given kids for a decade. Tell them whatever they want to hear.

Ok gotcha.

Fwiw I own Adidas, Nike, and UA gear. My preference is UA first and Adidas second. Their quality in my experience is better than Nike. The Nike stuff I have owned always seems to wear out quicker than others. I usually don't buy Nike apparel unless it's on sale.

Others will say the exact opposite though. It's all personal preference.

Reactions: 1 person
In football I really don't think it matters all that much. Now saying that like the way that UA has done football uniforms.

However I truly believe that having Adidas and not Nike has hampered Men's basketball recruiting in the past. When you have things like the Nike camps etc...

First time poster, been lurking for a while. I'm a UT grad and lifelong ND fan.

ND is sticking their neck out a bit on this - UA obviously has a much shorter resume than Nike or Adidas, and I think there is some concern about the quality of their products (e.g. shoes) versus Nike in particular.

But given (1) the money involved and (2) lukewarm reception to ND's Shamrock Series uniforms in recent years, it makes sense. Perhaps the one thing that pushed ND over the edge was adidas's decision to give Michigan "most favored nation" status (How Michigan remains No. 1 with Adidas - Portland Business Journal). ND wasn't going to get that with Nike (and Oregon), leaving a spot for Under Armour.

Also interesting is that ND is potentially taking some of its compensation as UA stock. I'm not sure of any other school who's had that type of agreement with their outfitter.

Also interesting is that ND is potentially taking some of its compensation as UA stock. I'm not sure of any other school who's had that type of agreement with their outfitter.

UA is a pretty well established company. A portion of stock certainly won't hurt them in the long run and could be paying off big time in the future.

This was discussed a week ago wasn't it? I don't think the details were released but pretty awesome if your a notre dame fan. I think the SEC only has 3 adidas schools? (MSU, A&M and us). I remember reading an article where several schools were unhappy with Adidas because of a factory closing overseas and the company refused to pay workers or something like that (especially Wisconsin) but I guess Notre Dames decision was money.

This was discussed a week ago wasn't it? I don't think the details were released but pretty awesome if your a notre dame fan. I think the SEC only has 3 adidas schools? (MSU, A&M and us). I remember reading an article where several schools were unhappy with Adidas because of a factory closing overseas and the company refused to pay workers or something like that (especially Wisconsin) but I guess Notre Dames decision was money.

Hart's decision will be money as well. Book it.

Probably Nike for UT, but UA getting into the big leagues with ND should up our share of the pot. Not to ND's level, but good nonetheless.

First time poster, been lurking for a while. I'm a UT grad and lifelong UT VOLS fan.

ND is sticking their neck out a bit on this - UA obviously has a much shorter resume than Nike or Adidas, and I think there is some concern about the quality of their products (e.g. shoes) versus Nike in particular.

But given (1) the money involved and (2) lukewarm reception to ND's Shamrock Series uniforms in recent years, it makes sense. Perhaps the one thing that pushed ND over the edge was adidas's decision to give Michigan "most favored nation" status (How Michigan remains No. 1 with Adidas - Portland Business Journal). ND wasn't going to get that with Nike (and Oregon), leaving a spot for Under Armour.

Welcome to the board. I fyp in your 2nd sentence.

Notre Dame, sucks
They covered up the rape of a female student by a football player, and the young lady ended up killing herself because of her treatment

VN Store

Back