'14 JUCO OT Dontavius Blair (UT SIGNEE 12/18/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“the juco i’m at, i called it a pit stop. Get what you need and get on. Coming out and seeing this right here (at tennessee) made me want to work harder — a team with more goals, going to coach jones’ house. Me being the age i am and looking up to somebody like that, it made me want a house like that. It’s going to push me.”

The kid made a wise business decision. He sees the progression. Incredibly important player for next season, too.

Reactions: 1 person
I knew they could sign somewhere else and I believe recruit can not have in home visits or something about lifting certain recruiting rules for them, but I asked BruinVol if recruit could just be on financial aid (the one a few have already signed) and others be on scholarship. This seems like it just locks their scholarship from being pulled. Thanks for any info btw. :hi:

Oh I don't know any recruiting rules implications. I think the financial aid and scholarship are one in the same. I think you're right: it seems to essentially lock the player's scholarship or aid from the university's end if they in fact end up signing the NLI in Feb. I think. I'm sure someone else knows a lot more. This is just what little I've gathered about it.

And no problem. Glad to share any info I have

“I’m Tennessee all the way,” he said. “It’s like having a girlfriend. You don’t want to talk to another girl when you have one that has all you need.”

-scout

This is such a better quote that Pat Martin say Tennessee was his wife and the rest of the schools were his girlfriends

Oh I don't know any recruiting rules implications. I think the financial aid and scholarship are one in the same. I think you're right: it seems to essentially lock the player's scholarship or aid from the university's end if they in fact end up signing the NLI in Feb. I think. I'm sure someone else knows a lot more. This is just what little I've gathered about it.

And no problem. Glad to share any info I have

May a mid year enrollee sign a National Letter of Intent?
Under the terms of the National Letter of Intent Program a written award of athletics aid for the entire academic year must accompany a National Letter of Intent. Accordingly, the National Letter of Intent program does not allow for prospective student-athletes enrolling at midyear to sign a National Letter of Intent. The National Letter of Intent Program has created an exception to this general rule for midyear junior college transfer students in the sport of football. A midyear junior college transfer student in the sport of football may sign a National Letter of Intent during the designated signing period.

(Note: Signing dates in this link are for last year).
Varsityedge.com: College Athletic Recruiting - Signing a National Letter of Intent

Mid-year enrollment period this year starts Dec 18 and runs through Jan 15. JUCO's should sign their NLI's during this period.

Note: Signing dates in this link are for this year).
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...ERES&CACHEID=85bbf0004e0dc6ec94fef41ad6fc8b25

As he should. We literally don't have a true LT on roster IMO. Until tomorrow of course :)

Agreed. He's kind of been overlooked since his commitment. Probably because he hasn't visited anywhere else or had any kind of drama, but this guy coming in in January is so huge for next year's team. I still think he is our most important recruit.

“i mean, (other schools have) still been calling and whatnot[.] “all of them are still calling, to be honest. I thought they were going to stop calling, but they didn’t. I just let the phone ring to be honest, man. i’m done. I’m great. I’m with vol nation.”

“they told me i’ll come in and start at left tackle,” blair said. “i mean, i really don’t care where i play. I’ve played both sides. Before (richardson) left, before he declared, i was thinking about right tackle because he had been there. And with me coming in from juco and all that, i mean, he knew the system. But now that he’s gone, it’s opened back up.”

“i can play both sides, but wherever you’re comfortable at, that’s where you want to play. I’ll play anywhere — i’ll play guard if i have to — but left tackle is where i’m really, really comfortable at, where i know you can throw me in and i can do my job.”

Reactions: 6 people
As he should. We literally don't have a true LT on roster IMO. Until tomorrow of course :)

Jury's out on Austin Sanders manning that spot eventually...I see him backing both Blair and Kerbyson next year and maybe getting some work at guard...Zeus hopefully can redshirt and be the eventual answer at RT...if we don't sign Richmond, Austin might be the one to beat for the leftside
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back