Who are our early enrollees?

I heard that is why Booth is looking... can someone enlighten me? I've not been following threads lately.

Asked Booth to wait and not come in until summer but he opted to look around. He wants to be an EE.

Nice way of telling him we don't have room

They can only take 14 early enrollees, so somebody is going from the list above wont be coming in. If I remember correctly,Payne has said he is not going to be an EE.

Why is that even a rule? Seems to me like you should be able to let as many kids enroll early that can qualify to. Why did they deem it necessary to limit the number?

Reactions: 1 person
It would be great if TKR would've been an EE. He's gonna do big things. He's already built unreal for a high school player and he lays the wood on every hit.

How did we land both TE's as EE's? Way to go CBJ. IMHO, TE had to be the least productive position on our entire team, not only in receptions, but also run blocking and pass protection. With a young QB and Worley, not having a solid TE to check down to hurt us badly. TE's have been so productive for us over the years. I am looking forward to seeing these 2 young men contribute to our future success in 2014.

Butch has stated that he will sign 35 if he possibly can, that a detailed strategy is in place to do so, and that we will officially have 14 early enrollees. The last statement was prior to Josh Malone's commitment. I believe that you can anticipate a full class of 25 signees, plus five of the early enrollees back-counted against last year's class, and another 4-5 gray- and/or blue-shirt commitments. He is doing everything in his power to implement as drastic an infusion of high-caliber talent as is possible and, even more importantly, to escalate the pace of their development by bringing in as many early enrollees as the rules will permit under our current circumstances.

Why is that even a rule? Seems to me like you should be able to let as many kids enroll early that can qualify to. Why did they deem it necessary to limit the number?

It is a matter of compliance with the rule that strictly limits any program to 85 players on scholarships at any given time. The turnover from players on scholarship this semester to those leaving the program before the beginning of next semester determines the specific cap on early enrollees, if I understand the rule correctly. If we had a larger senior class who completed their eligibility this calendar year, we would be able to sign more players as early enrollees.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
It is a matter of compliance with the rule that strictly limits any program to 85 players on scholarships at any given time. The turnover from players on scholarship this semester to those leaving the program before the beginning of next semester determines the specific cap on early enrollees, if I understand the rule correctly. If we had a larger senior class who completed their eligibility this calendar year, we would be able to sign more players as early enrollees.

Makes perfect sense! Thank you! :good!:

Asked Booth to wait and not come in until summer but he opted to look around. He wants to be an EE.

Nice way of telling him we don't have room

Thank you......... thank you very much.

You can take unlimited as long as it does not exceed 85. They say we have 71, I'm thinking some of those scholly's will be asked to walk to make room. So, 14 is the number now, not necessarily the number in January.

Butch gonna do work!

VN Store

Back