Tennessee basketball rankings

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Vols received seven votes this week, putting them at #42.

Also interesting to look at the Battle 4 Atlantis teams:

The Battle 4 Atlantis teams currently getting some love from the AP poll: Kansas (2), Iowa (23), Villanova (37), Xavier (38), Tennessee (42)
--Ben Frederickson

Gotta go 2-1.

Even if it's not winning the first 2, we could still play a quality team in the 3rd place game.

Still think we can go in and make it to the championship game. Just come out from the start and play good defense.

What would look better on us...I asked this before I think. But Xavier beating Iowa and then we beat Xavier or visa versa? Personally I hope we get a rematch with Xavier! Also if we go 2-1 and lose to Kansas will we be ranked? Or would we have to wait and be 7-2 if we beat Wichita State?

What would look better on us...I asked this before I think. But Xavier beating Iowa and then we beat Xavier or visa versa? Personally I hope we get a rematch with Xavier! Also if we go 2-1 and lose to Kansas will we be ranked? Or would we have to wait and be 7-2 if we beat Wichita State?

Only reason I hope we play Iowa because they're now ranked so beating them and putting up a fight against Kansas and it being close may get us ranked.

When does this tourney start ? Looked on ESPN and didn't show it.

Thanksgiving Day. Here's the schedule.

NOVEMBER 28
Villanova vs. USC, 1 p.m., AXS.tv
Kansas vs. Wake Forest, 3:30 p.m., AXS.tv
Xavier vs. Iowa, 7 p.m., NBC Sports Network
Tennessee vs. UTEP, 9:30 p.m., NBC Sports Network

Reactions: 1 person
Gotta go 2-1.

Even if it's not winning the first 2, we could still play a quality team in the 3rd place game.

This team with the 9 man rotation that I saw Friday is dramatically better than the one that played Xavier. I want Xavier bad - we will beat them if given another opportunity.

Still think we can go in and make it to the championship game. Just come out from the start and play good defense.

I believe, from what I've seen so far, we can hang with these teams now. We seem to be clicking. Hope so.
GO VOLS!

I think xavier beating Iowa and us beating Xavier is definitely better, no doubt.

It would likely depend on what everyone else does, but I doubt we are ranked unless we win it all. Too many unbeaten teams remaining at this point that were ahead of us to start with.

So UT gets the winner of the Iowa-Xavier game?

UT beats UTEP
Iowa beats UT (Iowa is a great team, IMO. Could Knock off Kansas in the finals.)
Not sure who wins in the Xavier matchup

So UT gets the winner of the Iowa-Xavier game?

UT beats UTEP
Iowa beats UT (Iowa is a great team, IMO. Could Knock off Kansas in the finals.)
Not sure who wins in the Xavier matchup

If we beat UTEP but lose to Iowa we would likely face Villanova, but no way we'd be facing Xavier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 15
Can you give a synopsis on Iowa, I haven't watched them this year. They've crushed opponents but played nobody it seems.

They play fast. Great defense and they're big. They have the best opposing FG% in the nation, all while not fouling at all. They have slight trouble on the defensive boards, which may be where UT can make trouble for them. They'll switch between man and zone.

Marble, Clemmons and Gisell are their perimeter players and can all cause TOs. Utboff is a post for them and he's a swat machine.

McCaffrey goes to his bench more than possibly any coach in the country. His front line starters are only 6'9", but his bench is BIG. 6'6", 6'7", 6'7", 6'10", 6'10", 7'1" coming up off the bench.

They play fast. Great defense and they're big. They have the best opposing FG% in the nation, all while not fouling at all. They have slight trouble on the defensive boards, which may be where UT can make trouble for them. They'll switch between man and zone.

Marble, Clemmons and Gisell are their perimeter players and can all cause TOs. Utboff is a post for them and he's a swat machine.

McCaffrey goes to his bench more than possibly any coach in the country. His front line starters are only 6'9", but his bench is BIG. 6'6", 6'7", 6'7", 6'10", 6'10", 7'1" coming up off the bench.

Geeez!...and they struggle on the defensive boards?!?!?

VN Store

Back