Vols to play Oregon Ducks

someone else

...in 2010.

I was surfing around the internet and accidently discovered that the Oregon Ducks play in Knoxville in 2010 (Sept 11):
Football - Schedule/Results - GoDucks.com—The University of Oregon Official Athletics Web Site

UTSports.com doesn't have schedules posted that far in advance, but Oregon does.

It doesn't look to be a home and away series though. Of course, schedules that far in advance sometimes change between now and then.

It's good that Tennessee uses Adidas gear instead of Nike, otherwise you're funding your own opponent. (Phil Knight of Nike fame did give $100M to UofO recently.)

Interesting.

That is interesting. Their stadium is supposed to be the loudest east of the Mississippi, so that will be a tough one.

What do you mean by funding? The trip itself or uniforms?

We travel to Oregon in 2013. Also travel to UNC in 2011. UNC home 2012. At Oklahoma 2014. Oklahoma home 2015. At Nebraska 2016. Nebraska home 2017. Really sweet scheduling. Mike Hamilton has done a great job.

Scout.com: Vols Schedule Huskers

That's interesting. I hadn't seen that article. So in summary, here's a list of some non-SEC foes for several years to come:

at UCLA (2008)
UCLA (2009)
Oregon (2010)
at UNC-CH (2011)
UNC-CH (2012)
at Oregon (2013)
at Oklahoma (2014)
Oklahoma (2015)
at Nebraska (2016)
Nebraska (2017)

My brother in law is an Oregon grad. When we found out a year ago that Oregon and Tenn were going to play of course we were all pretty excited. He has come with us to a Tenn/Bama game before, but he said Tenn is not near as loud as Oregon. Oregon does play well at home, but it all depends on where both of our teams will be at that point.

...in 2010.

I was surfing around the internet and accidently discovered that the Oregon Ducks play in Knoxville in 2010 (Sept 11):
Football - Schedule/Results - GoDucks.com—The University of Oregon Official Athletics Web Site

UTSports.com doesn't have schedules posted that far in advance, but Oregon does.

It doesn't look to be a home and away series though. Of course, schedules that far in advance sometimes change between now and then.

It's good that Tennessee uses Adidas gear instead of Nike, otherwise you're funding your own opponent. (Phil Knight of Nike fame did give $100M to UofO recently.)

Interesting.

so the Vols to pay Oregon Bucks
... corny? maybe. but i couldn't resist

heres another link. they play northern illinois huskies next yr. weird cause i go to niu and that'll probably my first game i see in knoxville.

UT Sports Official Site

I heard a guy on Rome encouraging parents to send their children to NIU, his alma mater, because there is nothing to do there, leaving no possibility of a 18-22 year old getting in trouble.

Glad to see we're are still scheduling top notch opponents. Let's hope this game isn't on HD though...t.v. may explode.

I heard a guy on Rome encouraging parents to send their children to NIU, his alma mater, because there is nothing to do there, leaving no possibility of a 18-22 year old getting in trouble.

ha ha thats hilarious, but couple of my friends have been arrested for drunken stupidness, and lately there have been students getting mugged.

I've got friends at K-State and they have nothing to do at all. So they get wasted non-stop. When there is nothing to do, it results in bad bad things

VN Store

Back