UT vs Va Tech @ Bristol paper

B-Stizzy

#1 Senior Member
I figured this was the best forum for this, sorry if not. Im writing a marketing paper for my sport management class and I was goin to write it on how to market this event. I know this has been discussed for years now and was wondering if some of you could share the pro's and con's of this event. Also why this event won't happen or hasn't happened yet. Thanks

Let's see hurrrr.........

Pros
-------------------
- More than likely, national television coverage for this game would be a given, considering the proposed venue of Bristol Motor Speedway.

- It would be a huge draw, setting massive attendance records for a college football game.

- Both programs are in the Top 20 most prestigious programs in the country.

- The coaching matchup would be intriguing, to say the least
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cons
---------------------
- BMS still has yet to figure out how to remove some things from the infield(mainly the tall racing scoreboard), so this game would be relatively unlikely in the near future.

- This takes away a home game for one of these teams, which takes away revenue from the school. In this economy, both schools need all the revenue they can get.

- Although not a long distance away from both schools, it's long enough for some fans not to make the trip.
-----------------------------------------------
Reason why it hasn't happened yet............

- The schools are a little hesitant about the idea, and more than likely, a VA Tech-Tennessee game would be scheduled as a regular home-and-home 2 game series. Not to mention, as I said before, the economy plays a huge factor into this. Do the fans want to pay double price to watch a game 100 miles away.

bms has offered both schools 10 million dollars to participate that nearly equals the payout of a bcs game so loss of homegame revenue is not an issue...the only real reason i can think of for this game not to happen is because both ad's are hesitant about adding another tough out of conference game...even this doesn't make sense because both schools are known for playing strong ooc schedules ie. ut always has one tough ooc opponent every year, and tech has recently played lsu and nebraska, and play bama this year. so when you really look at it there is no good reason for this not to happen.

Let's see hurrrr.........

Pros
-------------------
- More than likely, national television coverage for this game would be a given, considering the proposed venue of Bristol Motor Speedway.

- It would be a huge draw, setting massive attendance records for a college football game.

- Both programs are in the Top 20 most prestigious programs in the country.

- The coaching matchup would be intriguing, to say the least
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cons
---------------------
- BMS still has yet to figure out how to remove some things from the infield(mainly the tall racing scoreboard), so this game would be relatively unlikely in the near future.

- This takes away a home game for one of these teams, which takes away revenue from the school. In this economy, both schools need all the revenue they can get.

- Although not a long distance away from both schools, it's long enough for some fans not to make the trip.
-----------------------------------------------
Reason why it hasn't happened yet............

- The schools are a little hesitant about the idea, and more than likely, a VA Tech-Tennessee game would be scheduled as a regular home-and-home 2 game series. Not to mention, as I said before, the economy plays a huge factor into this. Do the fans want to pay double price to watch a game 100 miles away.

I bet you feel like a huge douche right about now.

VN Store

Back