Lake City = Rocky Top???

snapcracklepop

I just came across this article stating that the officials of Lake City, a town 20 miles north of Knoxville, are lobbying to change their name to Rocky Top. The article says that a company who makes candy corn wants to move their business to the town to sell their candy "corn from a jar". As an alumni of UT, I am not a fan of Rocky Top being anywhere but Knoxville, TN. When I sing Rocky Top, I sure as heck ain't singing about Lake City being home sweet home to me. Come on Man!!!!! Go Vols! #RockyTopKnoxville

Lake City meets to discuss changing name to Rocky Top

Reactions: 1 person
I just came across this article stating that the officials of Lake City, a town 20 miles north of Knoxville, are lobbying to change their name to Rocky Top. The article says that a company who makes candy corn wants to move their business to the town to sell their candy "corn from a jar". As an alumni of UT, I am not a fan of Rocky Top being anywhere but Knoxville, TN. When I sing Rocky Top, I sure as heck ain't singing about Lake City being home sweet home to me. Come on Man!!!!! Go Vols! #RockyTopKnoxville

Amen! Someone was telling me about this earlier and I started laughing because I thought it was a joke...Which it is! :)

Reactions: 1 person
Since there is a mention of a moonshine still in the song, there should fire one up.

Hey Honey!!!!!! I got a ideal!!! Let's call our trailer The Biltmore Trailer and see if we can charge people to come in and tour it!!!!!

Rocky Top is in the Smokys. Screw those hillbillies from lake city

I always thought Rocky Top was actually in Cocke County...

No room for facts in this thread. Jump on the "We hate Lake City" bandwagon or GTFO!

:rock:

I'd love to see some revitalization to LC. A lot of fond memories from my childhood are there. The name change is a bit over the top, perhaps build the theme park and license the name so the right people get paid. Everyones a winner!

While I think this whole thing is dumb, how can you copyright Rocky Top? It's a place in a public park? How is that intellectual property?

Seems awful shady honestly. People who hear the song are going to ask where is Rocky Top TN and they're going to be lead to Lake City. That's a crime in and of itself. Should be off limits if you ask me.

VN Store

Back