How have Bama become this good?

It has been clearly explained why Mo is sitting and ha is not... If I were Saban I wouldn't risk it but he has been deemed good to go bc the money has been paid back where couch has not...still wouldn't take the risk

Clearly been explained on a message board full of posters on the outside looking in. Even more dumb.

Translation: He will stop at nothing to feed his narcissistic ego up to and including cheating. It's not about the players, fans or Alabama...it's all about Nick. Know that! If it was about the players he would still be at Michigan State. It's about the success of Nick and Nick alone. a selfish self centered jack a$$

Such as wearing a Miami hat to approach a potential recruit all the while violating the bump rule would be one example of this.

Bama has become this good because there is a unified vision shared by the athletic and academic arms of the university, and supported by the boosters, city, and state.

The decision was made to go for the best, and they went out and got Saban for the then unprecedented sum of $4mil per year. Rivals and the press had a field day with the hoohaws and geegaws but, who is laughing now?

Similar processes have been followed over the last 20 years by UF, and more recently by Ohio St. Check the BCS rankings and trophy cases to see how it has worked out.

Reactions: 1 person
for $4-5 million, UT could have hired saban---they went cheap, hired loser coaches like kiffin and dooley and got hosed.

Reactions: 2 people
for $4-5 million, UT could have hired saban---they went cheap, hired loser coaches like kiffin and dooley and got hosed.

This is a great point. Hamilton was a penny pincher.

In fact, I recently watched a Youtube of ESPN commentary from Sports Center the day before Fulmer coached his last game against Kentucky. Word had leaked about Lane Kiffin's hiring.

I can't recall which guy said it, but one of the talking heads mentioned that since the Raiders FIRED Kiffin, he didn't have a buyout, and that this was financially a good deal for UT. I had never thought of that before...and Hamilton was just the guy that would factor that in. :banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

Yeah....penny wise and pound foolish!

$%$% Hamilton!

Julio Jones was driving a tricked out late model escalade ( with no job) while his single mom raising younger kids worked as an assistant manager at Church's fried chicken.

It really isn't that hard to figure out. Bama is dirty, always has been and always will be.

...and the NCAA knows it but does absolutely nothing about it.:shakehead:

He's allowing for Alabama championships yearly inflation index which allows for adjusting the number of championships based on the need.

That's the fallacy of rival fans who are threatened by Bama's success.The truth is that Bama was awarded NCs in 45,66,75,and 77 but doesn't count them.In the last 70 years they have only counted AP,UPI,and BCS titles.

That's the fallacy of rival fans who are threatened by Bama's success.The truth is that Bama was awarded NCs in 45,66,75,and 77 but doesn't count them.In the last 70 years they have only counted AP,UPI,and BCS titles.

That's not entirely correct. There are some pre-poll era championships claimed, a couple of which are questionable. However, to ridicule the count when there are 10 poll/BCS and a 2-3 fairly recognized pre-poll championships is silly. The goal should be to beat them, not talk bad about them until you actually believe you are better because you say so (not talking about you, but others on here that tear down others instead of building up the Vols).

Last edited:
I believe I read/heard/watched that saban gets the kids girlfriends scholarships at bama in like gymnastics & field hockey and such. Kid can't pass up bringing his girlfriend who is in some cases his child's mother.

If this is true, then we should do it too.

I know this may sound like a silly question, so please forgive me.....

Can someone explain how Bama are as good as they are?

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

Any explanation would be great.

GO VOLS.

They pay they're players more!

Time? Saban won the NC in his third year. Won 12 games his second.

When a team has been through the difficulties that Tennessee has it takes time to change the culture. With the change of culture, new perceptions are birthed which attracts better talent. Alabama's roster was not as depleted as Tennessee's. Even so, Saban's Alabama lost to UL Monroe and was manhandled in a bowl by Utah.

The changing culture at Tennessee is evident by the no quit attitude of the players and a top recruiting class for 2014. I think that is a big step forward in a short amount of time. Be patient my friend; good things are coming! But it will take some time!

It is OUTSTANDING Coaching, Recruitment, and Development. Not "good", outstanding. Yes Bama really is that good. They have been this good in the past, and they have had horrible teams in the past as well.

Alabama is like TN in the regard that they expect to win, expect to compete for SEC and National Championships. They put the money out to land the Coach and staff that can do it, simple as that.

I agree. You put Saban at so Cal or Texas and he'd do same there!

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

GO VOLS.

Not to be harsh OP, but this would have been the time to take a knee instead of starting this thread.

The answers are painfully obvious to most of us. If Tennessee had made some better decisions regarding key hires, we would STILL be at an elite level. Mike Hamilton did not, and thus we are here now.

Brick by brick my friend. We are on the way back, and other teams know it.

Can you afford a one year old 35k Tahoe with 5k worth of wheels? Julio can and all without a job and a single Mama working at Churchs fried chicken with small kids at home. Are you blind, stupid or both? I guess she bought it for him with her Christmas bonus.

Yeah I guess the NCAA just didn't see that right? They just "looked the other way because its Alabama right?" I guess you personally know everyone in Jones's family right? You know exactly ow much money his aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents make. So since you know Alabama bought this vehicle for Jones, you should have no problem providing the proof of your statements.

It's vol fans like you that makes the intelligent, rational vol fans look bad. You just cannot accept the fact that Alabama is that much better than we are. So because of that you have to make up convoluted arguments based solely on your own personal hatred.

So I will await your proof that Alabama bought Jones this vehicle. If you cannot provide any take your stupid conspiracy theories, go sit at the kiddie table so the adults can talk.

Bama isn't that good. In CFB, you're only as good as your QB, vs. theirs. Manziel has proven that for 2 years against the Tide.

Yes, they have the talent, the coaching, the aura of winning titles.

How is that gonna help them next year when Mccarron is gone?

Book it. in 2014, they'll struggle.

LOL! No y'all count the 1941 championship awarded by a magazine from birmingham. Bammer was 8-2 that year and didn't even win the SEC.

:lolabove:

GO VOLS.
Saban makes the fans stay the whole game or else

Um

He had finished right around .500 with his best record being 7-5 his first four years, which matches the records pretty much to a T before his arrival. His last year was the only great season he had there when he went 9-2 but he still suffered two blow outs by Purdue and Wisconsin.

I am not saying I think he's mediocre NOW by any means, but he didn't look all that great when he was there that was for damn sure. While he is an amazing coach now (and at LSU), I don't think he's as invincible coaching-wise as everyone makes him out to be either. And yes I still stand by my statement, in 1999 when he went to LSU, I was amazed they went after him based on his record so far at MSU with only 1 year being that great. Yes, MSU was highly ranked many of those years, believe me, we loved it as it padded our rankings when we beat them....

Look--I don't care about Saban, or even Purdue for that matter. But you are not being objective--and I certainly remember the GREAT things everyone was saying about Saban when he coached at MSU and changed their entire culture and outlook while he was there.

Everyone (in the actual NCAA FB sports world) expected him to do extremely well at LSU with the amount of talent available to their program. And, you seem to forget that the NY Giants offered him a job one year before he actually bolted for LSU.

Your position is understandable and biased as a Purdue fan--but it certainly is not logical or even an intelligent one given the actual facts about the overwhelming confidence football insiders had about Saban's coaching ability way back then. :salute:

The way I see it, they have a huge tradition of Championships and a legacy that includes Bear Bryant. They are an iconic program in the South where it matters most. Then the fact that they have a guy like Saban, with 3 NC's in 4 seasons, they recruit the best in Alabama, or anywhere else they need to look. They build on the success and reload. They make players believe they can come to Alabama and be a star, go to the NFL and get a big ring. Once he got it going he kept it going season after season. HE DOESN'T GET LAZY! He goes back to work because next year is next year and the next team is not the one that just won a NC! In other words, he does exactly the opposite of what we did after 98'.

This is probably the best explanation I've seen. You're right about Saban not getting lazy. His SUSTAINED work ethic year after year is unprecedented and frankly I don't see how these coaches keep up that kind of pace without it having serious effects on their health and personal lives. What's so off-putting to me about Saban is, maybe it's just me but Saban comes across as a complete joyless drone! Like he absolutely does not allow himself to ever step back and just enjoy what he's accomplished! He's a stark contrast to someone like, say Pete Carroll when he was at USC. That guy was all smiles all the time and seemed to truly enjoy the experience of college coaching.

DON'T MEAN TO BE OFFENSIVE, BUT YOUR AVATAR SAYS BRITISH BORN AND RAISED. MAYBE YOU ONLY CROSSED THE "BIG POND" LAST YEAR, BUT BAMMERS HAVE BEEN CHEATING FOR YEARS. THE LAST SEVEN YEARS NOW, WE HAVE BEEN BEATEN, ALMOST DOMINATED EVERY YEAR BY THIS TEAM. I SAY READ OTHER COMMENTS. SOME REFER TO CHEATING, SOME REFER TO THEM HAVING A GREAT COACH AND HE HAS BUILT A DYNASTY. THEN RENDER YOUR OWN OPINION.. GO VOLS!!!!:rock:

Yeah, no duh, Stephen is the head of our UK auxiliary. :rock:

It was an honest question by someone trying to catch up on gridiron football. Imagine trying to pick up on the history of SEC football via an Internet forum. It'd be like drinking from a fire hydrant. He's done a damn good job if you ask me! If you suddenly started pulling for Arsenal, you'd be asking the same thing. And Stephen does a lot of reading (and posting) here.

And Good Lord, take off the caps lock button. You're making my head hurt. :)

The way I see it, they have a huge tradition of Championships and a legacy that includes Bear Bryant. They are an iconic program in the South where it matters most. Then the fact that they have a guy like Saban, with 3 NC's in 4 seasons, they recruit the best in Alabama, or anywhere else they need to look. They build on the success and reload. They make players believe they can come to Alabama and be a star, go to the NFL and get a big ring. Once he got it going he kept it going season after season. HE DOESN'T GET LAZY! He goes back to work because next year is next year and the next team is not the one that just won a NC! In other words, he does exactly the opposite of what we did after 98'.

Bama over the past few years is the perfect example of success breeding success. I don't know how he got them so good so fast, but once they started winning championships year after year, they had to fight off recruits who want to play.

And when we get our winning tradition back, we'll have recruits fighting each other to come here too! :good!:

VN Store

Back