Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

US ranked 13th in latest FIFA world rankings, and 15th in the Elo ranking.

usmnt moves up to 13th in latest fifa world rankings

Eh. Take the world rankings with a grain of salt. They've probably got the top spot right, but there are lots of instances that just don't make any sense, particularly Columbia and Uruguay being ranked ahead of Brazil. At one point several years ago, the US was ranked in the top 10 going into the WC IIRC, and then they struggled to even get out of group play.

Brazil is so low due to a lack of meaningful games. I'd slot them top 5 and move everyone down one.

In 2006, if we're in any other group, I have no trouble believing we get out of the group. Just one of those things. We need to avoid the Group of Death next year as well.

With that said, if we find ourselves in line for a seed, you can guarantee that FIFA will come up a system that keeps ifs from one.

It was fun to watch us win in demoralizing fashion. Mexican fans are on life support right now. I actually like Mexico to do well on the world stage, but their fans can stand to be taken down a notch.

I'm enjoying watching the Mexican fans in total disarray. I shouldn't as I have a ton of Mexican friends and even dated a Mexican girl for awhile. But they'll be back soon enough.

Also Costa Rica is now being investigated by FIFA for drowning out the Star Spangled Banner and additionally are investigating Campbell for his dive against Besler. Although he'll probably get suspended for the remaining two qualifiers. Which honestly means nothing considering they're already qualified. Let's hope he gets suspended for the World Cup.

RSL loses 2-0 with 6 yellow cards and if we had goal line technology, I'm thinking we would have been awarded a goal. Tough to watch, especially when I get them on TV like twice a year.

Playoff crunch time. Huge for my timbers to get three home points off galaxy.

Baker, how do you feel about things looking likely that Kreis is gonna go to NYCFC?

I don't know. People who know more about soccer than me don't like him that much. At the very least his system works with the guys he has so I'd rather keep him. That being said.....

damn MFing SOB RSL lost the Open Cup to DC United tonight! That means they have lost both the CONCACAF and the Open Cup on their home turf. Enfuriating.

You guys don't have Tim Magee anymore. That dude always killed RSL. Honestly if I judged him just how he plays against RSL I would say he's the best player in the world. I don't think I've seen him go without a goal or an assist.

VN Store

Back