Vols Win!

pualsline

poakley@safeoak.com
Just thought I would remind some people of this.

I was not particularly thrilled with the performance, but we won!

I am going to enjoy getting a W this week while Butches job is to worry about the improvement.

Cheer up Volnation and step away from the ledge

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
It wouldn't matter if we had won by 30. There are 10-15 posters on here that live to simply be negative when it comes to our program. Watch - you'll be able to start numbering them off here in a few minutes.

Reactions: 6 people
I was just about to post a similar thread. I think the mods should consider stickying this 'breaking news.' :)

I swear, I try to give most the benefit of the doubt but sometimes I truly do wonder about certain online fans.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree. I definitely wish we had performed better but I guarantee the coaches and players feel the same way. I'll take a win any day no matter how ugly.

Reactions: 3 people
Is it me or did some fans forget that we have new defensive and offensive systems that the players have to learn.

Just got back from the game. It sure wasn't pretty but a W is a W. After getting on here I feel like we lost though.

I am disappointed with how we played, but you're right. We need to enjoy the win. I hope that we can somehow find a way to beat Georgia. Go Vols!

I'll always be a vol. Our program will improve. People here need to realize this program is in extreme turmoil and need to stop comparing it to other rebuilding jobs because some programs just take longer to come back. It's how it is. Alabama was down for a decade. We have the right guy, it's gonna take time. Was today a perfect performance? No. Was coaching 100% perfect? No. However, no coach is perfect. Coaches will make mistakes. Sabah does, bear Bryant did, the general did. We'll get back and just like the op said, WE WON. I would've hated to see this site had we lost...I'm not happy with this performance myself but hey we won and right now in this program you gotta take a win no matter how you slice it. Go vols!

Thank God there are still some positive fans left in VOLNATION. Every week I come here and read 20 posts of people bashing the team, the coach, the cheerleaders and smokey if he doesn't bark enough. First of all we got a new coach who's playing with the last two coaches recruits. News flash.. we won't win an SEC championship the first year. Let focus on building a program and maybe getting to a bowl game this year. Next year we can raise those expectation.. anyway thanks Paulsline for posting something positive and not whining like the rest of them!!

Reactions: 2 people
Thank God there are still some positive fans left in VOLNATION. Every week I come here and read 20 posts of people bashing the team, the coach, the cheerleaders and smokey if he doesn't bark enough. First of all we got a new coach who's playing with the last two coaches recruits. News flash.. we won't win an SEC championship the first year. Let focus on building a program and maybe getting to a bowl game this year. Next year we can raise those expectation.. anyway thanks Paulsline for posting something positive and not whining like the rest of them!!

Maybe your not mature enough to step away from your fandom to discuss the teams strengths and weakness but many are. Just because people talk about the areas that need improvement does not mean it's whining or bashing.

I know in today's world everything has to be PC but some of us could careless if others don't want to have realistic discussions about the program.

It wouldn't matter if we had won by 30. There are 10-15 posters on here that live to simply be negative when it comes to our program. Watch - you'll be able to start numbering them off here in a few minutes.

I think that number is a bit conservative.

Worley running a couple more times and the offense would have been more productive in the 2nd half

That wasn't pretty, but there are NO ugly wins. A win is a win any way you count it.

Everybody say A-men! I will take an Ugly win over a good looking loss any day!

A Dooley team would have found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! Today we begin the climb upward my fellow Vols!

Alright, enough is enough, let's smoke out those bashing Smokey and walk them to the banks of the river. Let's Boardwalk Empire those guys.

I followed the Vols from the early 70s through the mid 80s and if Al Gore had gotten off his lazy azz and invented the internet back then, Johnny Majors would have been run out of town before we ever whipped Miami in the Sugar Bowl. Patience people - we're gonna get there.

Maybe your not mature enough to step away from your fandom to discuss the teams strengths and weakness but many are. Just because people talk about the areas that need improvement does not mean it's whining or bashing.

I know in today's world everything has to be PC but some of us could careless if others don't want to have realistic discussions about the program.

Oh i'm sorry my fandom offends you, you sound like a smart gal/guy help me out. Should I go jump on the bama bandwagon or should I continue to support the team this forum is intended for? Go Vols!

Wow that sounds like a Dooley excuse.

Well you've got a guy whose used to running a pro style offense trying to learn the read option. Its like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. You see the same problem with guys like RGIII and Kapernick who normally run a read option trying to be drop back passers this year.

5th week I can and have said this.....

1. I didn't have to work today.

2. Got to drink a beer.

3. Got to watch my Vols play.

I win

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back