Something is very wrong, VolNation...

the6chambers

I keep trying to imagine a bunch of grown ass adults freaking out, melting down, throwing tantrums, and constantly berating every aspect of our football program, but I just can't do it.

If that is indeed the case, and the posters here are not predominantly teenage boys and girls going through puberty, then something is very wrong.

This morning, 39 people were murdered at a mall in Kenya, but our world falls apart because a group of young men in pads don't perform to our unreasonably high expectations.

Having perspective is one thing, having the maturity to handle slight disappointments in a sporting competition is quite another.

I've been a Vol fan since I was old enough to know the color orange, and now my kids cheer along with me. But, over the past several years specifically, this board has become a cesspool for every level of over the top complaining I've ever seen.

When I first joined, it was fun to banter, talk through strategies, and even knock around the annoying aspects of the team or coaching staff.

But, now, coming on this board takes all the fun out of the game. I love when we win, I hate when we lose. But, either I misunderstand just how important college football is in the grand scheme, or this board grossly overreacts to something more trivial than we are willing to admit.

Anywho. Take it or leave it. React to me however you wish. I'm open to being wrong, but just wanted to share these thoughts.

Can't wait to see the Vols back at the top, and I'm willing to weather the big and small bumps along the way.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 117 people
Living in Alabama/Auburn country minutes from Georgia country and I used to think we had great fans...

Reactions: 2 people
Yup.... peace loving Muslims at work in Kenya yet again... but we can't do anything about that either.

Reactions: 25 people
I keep trying to imagine a bunch of grown ass adults freaking out, melting down, throwing tantrums, and constantly berating every aspect of our football program, but I just can't do it.

If that is indeed the case, and the posters here are not predominantly teenage boys and girls going through puberty, then something is very wrong.

This morning, 39 people were murdered at a mall in Kenya, but our world falls apart because a group of young men in pads don't perform to our unreasonably high expectations.

Having perspective is one thing, having the maturity to handle slight disappointments in a sporting competition is quite another.

I've been a Vol fan since I was old enough to know the color orange, and now my kids cheer along with me. But, over the past several years specifically, this board has become a cesspool for every level of over the top complaining I've ever seen.

When I first joined, it was fun to banter, talk through strategies, and even knock around the annoying aspects of the team or coaching staff.

But, now, coming on this board takes all the fun out of the game. I love when we win, I hate when we lose. But, either I misunderstand just how important college football is in the grand scheme, or this board grossly overreacts to something more trivial than we are willing to admit.

Anywho. Take it or leave it. React to me however you wish. I'm open to being wrong, but just wanted to share these thoughts.

Can't wait to see the Vols back at the top, and I'm willing to weather the big and small bumps along the way.

Go Vols.
your assumption is that its all grown ass adults

Reactions: 1 person

Go Vols.

I bet you're a Democrat. Enjoy Kenya. I'll keep posting what I see. Another horrible UT football team.

Reactions: 10 people
Dude its a football message board dedicated to a storied program with one of the largest fan bases, and you're surprised about complaining regarding the teams embarrassing play? Hmmm..

Reactions: 9 people

Go Vols.

/thread

The OP just doesn't understand how bad it is to watch a team implode and play like they have never been on the field before.

Reactions: 4 people
Dude its a football message board dedicated to a storied program with one of the largest fan bases, and you're surprised about complaining regarding the teams embarrassing play? Hmmm..

KENYANS DIED FOR YOUR SINS!!!...Or so you could post this??......or something?

VN Store

Back