Truckers to shut down DC

Don't know if it's a good idea yet or not. If their message of corruption is to Barry, I'm sure he'll be out of town on vacation again & miss all the fun & won't be informed a thing that happened in DC.

:eek:lol::eek:k:

Sorry but this makes me laugh. I've been dealing with drivers for over 20 years, cant put 3 of them in a room together without an argument.

How many "trucker strikes" have been planned over the years? Several. How many worked? None. The most vital work force in the country is also the most abused and they can't get together to do anything about it.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't know if it's a good idea yet or not. If their message of corruption is to Barry, I'm sure he'll be out of town on vacation again & miss all the fun & won't be informed a thing that happened in DC.

He will be told it was only 2 trucks, he will then say that on national TV, the MSM will repeat ad nauseum, the liberal sycophants will believe it, and it will be like it never happened.

Reactions: 1 person
:eek:lol::eek:k:

Sorry but this makes me laugh. I've been dealing with drivers for over 20 years, cant put 3 of them in a room together without an argument.

How many "trucker strikes" have been planned over the years? Several. How many worked? None. The most vital work force in the country is also the most abused and they can't get together to do anything about it.

Same here. We kinda-laughed too.
But here's hoping they pull it off.

Last edited:
Hopefully it happens. Washington needs to realize the people are beyond fed up.

Oil man told me once that if everybody in the country stop driving for just one day we would have oil tankers stacked up on the coast. Fuel prices would drop drastically.

I can only hope this 3 day event does something. Proves to the fed folks are sick of this crap. Maybe get lucky and see fuel prices drop ( if enough truckers go along)

Oil man told me once that if everybody in the country stop driving for just one day we would have oil tankers stacked up on the coast. Fuel prices would drop drastically.

I can only hope this 3 day event does something. Proves to the fed folks are sick of this crap. Maybe get lucky and see fuel prices drop ( if enough truckers go along)

Like Hog said. There has been numerous strikes called over the years. There is never enough truckers to participate to make them have any effect.

If I have a hot shipment that has to go the day tjis strike starts, I guarantee you I can put the rate at the right price it will get moved ontime

Like Hog said. There has been numerous strikes called over the years. There is never enough truckers to participate to make them have any effect.

If I have a hot shipment that has to go the day tjis strike starts, I guarantee you I can put the rate at the right price it will get moved ontime

Why can't y'all let me dream????

Want the "trucker unions" shut this down? You know Barry has a lot of support from the Unions. If you go against the unions you end up w/the fishes.

Why can't y'all let me dream????

I'm all for it, I just know the reality.

Truckers are easy targets for politicians because every soccer mom out there hates them. The result is less safe and less professional drivers on the road because the good ones quit.

Want the "trucker unions" shut this down? You know Barry has a lot of support from the Unions. If you go against the unions you end up w/the fishes.

The teamsters are only for the teamsters. They as a union are one of the main reasons the profession is in the crapper.

Owner operators.

That's a shjt load of "owner operators" to take down a city the size we are talking about. But then again, I guess it wouldn't take a whole lot to make it come to a halt. Wonder about Fed Ex & UPS drivers to join in? If that happened it may cause some pain for sure.

I don't know any. Can you or do you have the time to tell me?

Short story.

OOs were going on strike teamsters were supposed to strke with them, didn't.

Short time later teamsters went on strike asked the OO associations to join them. OOs said piss off so when OOs crossed picket lines trucks were vandalized, drivers assaulted typical union thuggery.

Short story.

OOs were going on strike teamsters were supposed to strke with them, didn't.

Short time later teamsters went on strike asked the OO associations to join them. OOs said piss off so when OOs crossed picket lines trucks were vandalized, drivers assaulted typical union thuggery.

Oh. Ok.

Sounds like typical union crap. The tension between the them is obviously telling though

I've always thought these types of protests were silly. The easiest way for truckers to get their message across is to log 100% DOT legal, with no exceptions. If you're 20 miles away from your delivery, but are out of hours, you shut down for the required 10 hours. Owner operators are the worst offenders here, especially when it comes to so-called "hot" loads. The problem is that for every driver who wants to run within the rules, there are 20 willing to be cowboys and model their lives after Snowman from "Smokey and the Bandit".

This isn't France, where truckers are essentially government employees and all are unionized.

I've always thought these types of protests were silly. The easiest way for truckers to get their message across is to log 100% DOT legal, with no exceptions. If you're 20 miles away from your delivery, but are out of hours, you shut down for the required 10 hours. Owner operators are the worst offenders here, especially when it comes to so-called "hot" loads. The problem is that for every driver who wants to run within the rules, there are 20 willing to be cowboys and model their lives after Snowman from "Smokey and the Bandit".

This isn't France, where truckers are essentially government employees and all are unionized.

I can agree with that except the ones that will be hurt the most are the drivers themselves. Once electronic logs are required across the board there will not be the opportunity to fudge.

I can agree with that except the ones that will be hurt the most are the drivers themselves. Once electronic logs are required across the board there will not be the opportunity to fudge.

There are plenty of other problems that need to be addressed as well. Lumper services screw drivers more often than lot lizards. There is way too much uncompensated delay time at both shippers and consignees. An appalling lack of available parking areas. And so on.

Americans want their cheap Wal Mart stuff. What most don't realize is that in a world dominated by expensive fuel and cheap toasters, it's not the Wal Mart associate that's being screwed.

They are threatening to make us go the way of electronic logs. Right now we don't do log books at all.

VN Store

Back