What a terrible dissapointment

MWAVolfan

All I asked for was that we fought hard and didnt look stupid like last year. I guess that was too much to ask.

Our offense is HORRENDOUS. 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out. And CBJ really disappointed me. He did not have any kind of competitive spirit that I could see. He should have gone all out, including going for it on 4th down at least a few times.

Our defense is as bad as last year. Slow, cannot cover. Blown coverages, catastrophic blown coverage and when we do have a chance to tackle we cant tackle at all.

I thought we would have a chance to win at Florida or maybe beat Georgia at home. But its almost like CBJ didnt practice these guys at all since the end of last season. These guys looked just as horrible except last year we had Bray and good wide outs.

We laid down like dogs.

Reactions: 13 people
Don't panic yet. Florida's offense is a total joke. After playing Oregon today Florida's offense will seem like they are running in slow motion.

Reactions: 5 people
I would have liked to see some more aggressive play calling and better clock management to keep the ducks from getting into their groove. Your on the road against probably the best team in the nation in a game your supposed to lose. In the given scenario we were a bit conservative.

That being said. Every time we tried to get aggressive our QB couldn't hit wide open receivers. It is what it is..

I am really disappointing in CBJ. He was acting like a stubborn @sshole not going for it on 4th down at least a couple times. After the first 5 touchdowns he knew what was coming once he punted it. Every time we were across the 50 yard line we should have gone balls to the wall.

H was more conservative than Fulmer except we cant afford to be conservative with this team. There was zero fighting spirit in this team.

Just an extension of the 2012 Vols. I should have expected as much.

CBJ needs to get HIS recruits battle ready from the day they step on campus.

We are going to have to have true freshmen step in to bail out this team next year.

Reactions: 1 person
No not with all these stupid a$$ so called fans!!!

I predicted a 52-24 victory for Oregon.

I NEVER expected a Vols win.

All I asked was that we not play like we are stupid and not quit like Dooley's teams.

We had no fighting spirit. The players could not quit because they never got started to begin with. That game was a blowout from the opening whistle.

Reactions: 2 people
All I asked for was that we fought hard and didnt look stupid like last year. I guess that was too much to ask.

Our offense is HORRENDOUS. 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out. And CBJ really disappointed me. He did not have any kind of competitive spirit that I could see. He should have gone all out, including going for it on 4th down at least a few times.

Our defense is as bad as last year. Slow, cannot cover. Blown coverages, catastrophic blown coverage and when we do have a chance to tackle we cant tackle at all.

I thought we would have a chance to win at Florida or maybe beat Georgia at home. But its almost like CBJ didnt practice these guys at all since the end of last season. These guys looked just as horrible except last year we had Bray and good wide outs.

We laid down like dogs.

No depth and playing very young/inexperienced players, dude. This should not be a surprise to any of you guys.

After Butch out coaches the temper tantrum baby on the sidelines of the Swamp...all these bums will shut up.....right?

Probably not.

I will no longer be having a negative attitude. Because now I know exactly what to expect. I wanted to see fight and scrappiness and spirit. I saw a tired, dull, uncreative offense.

I will be fine from here on out. I now know what I'm going to get out of these players.

The question is at what point of the season will you realize you should not criticize others?

Reactions: 1 person
We got steam rolled by a BCS championship contender today who can beat a number of ranked teams as bad as the vols were beaten today. Just hope CBJ can get these guys to improve throughout the season.The guy is going to bring in better recruits than what we have but needs time to do so. Bring on the gators.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back