Crootin Forum: Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah from what I've saw on VQ, it's a financial issue. We have to spend money on 200 (or how many band members there actually are) plane tickets, luggage for the instruments, hotel costs, and stadium tickets. I'm sure there's a lot more that I'm forgetting but it's a steep price and unfortunately we aren't back up there yet. Hope this helps

Thanks. That's hard to hear being that we're such a storied program. We're freaking UT. Wow, just can't afford to bring the band with the amount of $ pouring into this conference every year? Smh. Mike Hamilton really shat the bed didn't he? Geez

Love the 3:30 CBS games of the week..... except for Vern Lundquist. Sry but can't stand that guy.

Neither one of those clowns are any good, annoying. Verne always gets the players' names wrong. Like Sutton will get a tackle and he will say Randolph and never correct it. And I swear it always seems like they are biased towards whoever we are playing. Like talk up the other team's players and coach, or sound more excited about what they do. But seriously count the wrong name calls by Verne, it'll happen a lot.

sure this has been talked about somewhere but what are Oregon's biggest weak spots? I'm familiar with their speed on offense but where are they not so sharp? Where do we have an advantage?

sure this has been talked about somewhere but what are Oregon's biggest weak spots? I'm familiar with their speed on offense but where are they not so sharp? Where do we have an advantage?

They've committed 16 penalties for 161 yds. That is the only advantage that I see, jmo.

Don't forget we were tied at the half in 2010 and leading 13-3 early. We can hang with these guys with sound D (believe it was Wilcox's defense back then?)

They've committed 16 penalties for 161 yds. That is the only advantage that I see, jmo.

Them believing this is going to be a cake walk and they half azz practice this week. We in turn come in and manhandle them into the ground. I'm on the record this is an upset of the BCS era. The Butch Effect is in full effect.

Don't forget we were tied at the half in 2010 and leading 13-3 early. We can hang with these guys with sound D (believe it was Wilcox's defense back then?)

If it's the game I recall, that storm came in, and Dooley did not do second half adjustments worth crap. ETA: I think they just listened to the radio and chilled, as I recall.

The one advantage I see for us is that they take it lightly. They are expected to win this thing big.

Last edited:
Them believing this is going to be a cake walk and they half azz practice this week. We in turn come in and manhandle them into the ground. I'm on the record this is an upset of the BCS era. The Butch Effect is in full effect.

Possible. Hope you're right!!

I'll be in full blown Butch mode come Friday. :)

One positive from Oregon game...they will make the next game at FLA seem slower. Not many teams that can make FLA seem slow.

Man I want to beat UF so bad. It's been 9 years. That ish needs to be rectified with a quickness

Reactions: 1 person
If it's the game I recall, that storm came in, and Dooley did not do second half adjustments worth crap. ETA: I think they just listened to the radio and chilled, as I recall.

The one advantage I see for us is that they take it lightly. They are expected to win this thing big.

Dooley wasn't our coach back then. It was Kiffin. I think I remember everyone making excuses for Monte saying he has never seen a spread in the NFL so he didn't know how to adjust.

Dooley wasn't our coach back then. It was Kiffin. I think I remember everyone making excuses for Monte saying he has never seen a spread in the NFL so he didn't know how to adjust.

I didn't go to any Kiffin games, I hated his ass. It was Dooley.

It's all coming back to me, Oregon went in during the delay and made adjustments, came out with their dirty uniforms. Dooley let them take showers, change uniforms, told them not to drink much caffeine and they listened to their Ipods.

#7 Oregon vs Tennessee (Sep 11, 2010 at Knoxville, Tenn.)

Tennessee
Pos ## Offense
WR 6 Moore, D.
LT 71 Thomas, D.
LG 75 Schofield, J.
C 77 Pope, C.
RG 74 Shaw, J.
RT 70 James, J.
QB 2 Simms, M.
WR 83 Rogers, Z.
TB 28 Poole, T.
FB 45 Cooper, K.
TE 88 Stocker, L.

Tennessee
Pos ## Defense
LE 97 Jackson, Mal.
DT 80 Miller, C.
NT 93 Hughes, M.
RE 84 Walker, C.
SLB 42 Thompson, L.
MLB 56 Reveiz, N.
WLB 34 Lathers, H.
LCB 25 Evans, A.
SS 23 Waggner, P.
FS 15 Jackson, J.
RCB 10 Teague, M.

UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics - Football

Yep, 2010. Drove down from Louisville for the game. Sat next to a father and son Oregon fans. They were nice and respectful, couldn't stop taking pics of Neyland and the crowd.

That storm was something else man, what was it? 90 min long?!

Oregon came out fired up; Vols looked like they'd just woken up from a nap. Trademark of Dooley era as it turns out.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch said they slowed down the offense this past Saturday to give the defense some rest since they were on the field a ton. I could see them doing something similar this week against Oregon, except instead of slowing down to give the D a rest, they slow down to keep the Oregon O off the field.

With our size/experience/talent advantage on the OL we should be able to pound the ball with Neal & Lane to chew up some clock. The teams Oregon has trouble with are the ones with size in the trenches that can move the ball on the ground & also cause some havoc with the DL against their O.

You don't want to get in a shoot out with their offense, especially when we don't have the talent or speed in the areas where you need playmakers.

He runs a 4.43, not a 3.34 dip***t. That's Dillon Bates speed and, IIRC, Brent Brewer speed as well. AJJ is a liability in coverage, period.

He's not Usain effing Bolt, he's the QB for Oregon. Don't like my hyperbole, don't comment on it. Otherwise go F yourself.

Dillon Bates nor Brent Brewer run a 4.43 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back