2014 schedule

SJAVol32

Seen the Football schedule came out for 2014. Just wondering who are some OOC teams you would like to see UT played against? I personally want to play UNC, UofL, or IU. UofL and IU because they're both schools near me and I'd love to see us in both environments. UNC because of state proximity and I just think it would be nice to see us go at it.

Like the Miami home and away we had a few years ago. Fertile recruiting ground for UT as well. Maybe Virginia or Maryland too.....again, recruiting grounds.

I don't know where the location "you know" is but I'd like to play UofMiami or Florida State again. :peace2: And like you said....UNC or Louisville would be cool too.

We put it to em in the tourney en route to the Elite Eight in 2010. It's the last time we played them. We had the last laugh.

Yes, and we also won the last regular season matchup with them in Knoxville in 2009. Not sure what we owe them, unless poster is referring to the Aaron Craft business.

I still have a strong despise over Michigan and their 30-point-beat-down. Ouch, it hurts still thinking about it and knowing the talent we had on the roster.

I hope we can setup a Michigan or Michigan State game (like BTO referenced to). I'd like to see any top 40 in TBA, but jmo.

EDIT: I also have a semi-rival with them Blue Devils, it was a close game in Maui and I'd love to see a matchup again.

Hmmm I like the Michigan thought....

I'm kind of surprised Martin and Painter haven't decided to get together and play OOC every year, would be a good game for both programs.

Seen the Football schedule came out for 2014. Just wondering who are some OOC teams you would like to see UT played against? I personally want to play UNC, UofL, or IU. UofL and IU because they're both schools near me and I'd love to see us in both environments. UNC because of state proximity and I just think it would be nice to see us go at it.

#1. When we are stronger, as a team, and if Kiffen is still at USC, then add USC to our schedule.

#2. Add Michigan, so we can beat them and all of those Yankee's who think they know about football, can watch their team get beat.

#3. Add Texas, before their current coach retires, and they hire a better coach.

#1. When we are stronger, as a team, and if Kiffen is still at USC, then add USC to our schedule.

#2. Add Michigan, so we can beat them and all of those Yankee's who think they know about football, can watch their team get beat.

#3. Add Texas, before their current coach retires, and they hire a better coach.

Rather listen to "Yankees" (Michigan is actually Midwest, not North) than people from the South talk about football.

Talking basketball.

Reactions: 1 person
Calipari would never agree to it, but I would like to add KY as a non conference opponent the years that we do not play them in a home / away series. Like this year we add them as an OOC game in Knoxville. Next year we add them as an OOC game in Rupp. Year after that should be the home / away series again.

Calipari would never agree to it, but I would like to add KY as a non conference opponent the years that we do not play them in a home / away series. Like this year we add them as an OOC game in Knoxville. Next year we add them as an OOC game in Rupp. Year after that should be the home / away series again.

How would they be a OOC opponent if they're in our conference? The SEC wouldn't allow that I don't think Cal has anything to do with it.

I'm not sure if 2 teams from the same conference has ever met in a early season tourney before. It probably has happened in other sports that play in more tournys such as baseball, softball, track, etc... If so, that would be two conference teams that played that didn't count as a conference game. These big rivalry games that are going away this year should try to push the rules by playing these big games as an OOC game that wouldn't count as a win/lose in their conference schedule.

VN Store

Back