Vols 2014 Football Schedule

Clemvolsince54

Old Geezer
Vols Announce 2014 Football Schedule - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

UT
2014 Tennessee Football Schedule

Aug. 30 Utah State Knoxville
Sept. 6 Arkansas State Knoxville
Sept. 13 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla.
Sept. 20 OPEN
Sept. 27 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 4 Florida * Knoxville
Oct. 11 Chattanooga Knoxville
Oct. 18 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss.
Oct. 25 Alabama * Knoxville
Nov. 1 at South Carolina * Columbia, SC
Nov. 8 OPEN
Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville
Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting that they moved UK up two weeks and put Vandy back at the end of the season.

A lot of reshuffling to what we have been accustomed to the past couple of years here. Florida in October...has this ever happened before? I like seeing Vandy as the last game of the year again, always thought we should play our in-state rival in that last game.

Reactions: 6 people
That is a changup from the usual SEC schedule. FL after GA and last 3 games moved around,,,might end up helping the team. I hope it does anyway.

Wonder why they moved UK from being last game?

I believe Vandy was traditionally the last game of the year up until the last decade or so. Isn't the final week of the season the week when most in-state rivalries take place? That would make sense to put Vandy back in that spot. It also puts GA back to being the first SEC game of year with FL immediately after. There's usually a semi-cupcake between those two games.

I just wish we didn't finish the season with, historically, the three worst teams in the SEC every year.

Interesting that they moved UK up two weeks and put Vandy back at the end of the season.

Yeah, thats how alot of teams do it with the in state rivalry game. I know the georgia v. ga. tech game is the last game every year and has been my whole life.

I believe Vandy was traditionally the last game of the year up until the last decade or so. Isn't the final week of the season the week when most in-state rivalries take place? That would make sense to put Vandy back in that spot. It also puts GA back to being the first SEC game of year with FL immediately after. There's usually a semi-cupcake between those two games.

yup. in state rivalrys are traditionally the last game.

VN Store

Back