International Space Station Viewing

CountVolcula

Eternal Vol
For those interested, it will be visible in West Tennessee beginning at 9:36 pm and can be seen for 6 minutes. Will begin in WSW and end on NE. It will be at about 54° above the horizon

You can also track its current location on the web. Last time when the space station came into view, it was over Mexico. When I lost sight, it was over Montreal Canada

It makes 15 orbits around the earth each day

Last edited:
Cool. Visited a lab at UAB couple weeks ago that has several components on the ISS. They have an impressive number of shuttle and ISS payloads.

Tonight it should be visible, weather permitting, beginning at 8:47 PM for 6 minutes. It will be higher in the sky at 76 degrees above the horizon. It will move from SW to NE

If you want to see if its visible in your area check here

NASA - Spot The Station

Seen it several times. With the exception of the moon, it is easily the brightest object in the sky. It will be racing across the sky pretty fast, really easy to spot.

Have a friend that works for NASA and was/is an engineer in the Mars rovers. The excitement in his voice every time he speaks about how the Rivera have outlasted their original life is incredible.

Thanks for the info, Count. According to the NASA site it should be visible at my house for 6 min tonight at 9:34. I'm going to check it out with my son.

VN Store

Back