Lane Kiffin contrasts Tennessee fans and Los Angeles

He also said that a UT fan interrupted his child birthday party and asked for a picture for a family... Stay classy San Diego

Right up until the time he left, most people were still on board with him even though many were uncomfortable with the arrogance and his willingness to skirt the rules. He brought some bravado back to the program and took a team that was still outmanned and made them overachieve. the excitement was back after the Alabama game. He turned Crompton into an ok QB. Everybody was just butthurt over the way he left us. It was like coming home and finding a note from your smoking hot wife of one year that she was gone and wouldn't be back. Too many on here think of Tennessee as the ultimate football destination for any coach so it was a slap in the face to be so publicly dissed. It doesn't appear like he has any hard feelings about the way things went down and I am referring to the reactions of our fanbase after he left. It is beginning to look like things aren't going to turn out the way he would have liked for him there. Imagine how you would feel if at his age he has already reached his pinnacle job and been fired from it? Where do you go from there? We should just leave him alone and let go of the hate. Everybody would probably agree we are better off now anyway.

Reactions: 10 people
I don't think he realized at the time just how lofty a coaching position Tennessee really was. USC was his dream job and I get that, but he should have understood you don't just up and leave a top tier SEC program...YOU JUST DON'T.

Reactions: 1 person
Deep down, he knows that he Effed up by leaving UT. Karma is unfolding in front of our eyes at the moment.

Doubt it. He doubled his salary(4 Million over 5 years) and moved back to the west coast which is where he wanted to live all along. He took his dream job and it's time to move on. Time to get behind Butch!

Reactions: 3 people
Kiffin was kind of like your drunk buddy at the bar you will defend his arrogance and behavior and find it amusing until he starts in on you and takes a swing...then you see him as the rest of the world has.

Reactions: 5 people
Doubt it. He doubled his salary(4 Million over 5 years) and moved back to the west coast which is where he wanted to live all along. He took his dream job and it's time to move on. Time to get behind Butch!

He's not going to make it past 5 years. Over the long haul he will make less money. Yah, he Eff'd up.

Reactions: 1 person
I was pissed how he handled the situation but not how Kiffin likes to explain it. I was more so pissed that he dipped 2 weeks before National signing day! Leaving us with Doofus Doolittle. However if this what it took to get The Butch I'm okay with it. Because I think Butch sincerely appreciates the opportunity he has at UT.

Reactions: 2 people
I hate to think of how much worse our NCAA/sanction situation would be if Kiffen & Orgeron had stayed on campus ANY longer.

Reactions: 3 people
132355695693.gif

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back