'14 TN DB Rashaan Gaulden (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Some guy posted this on VQ-

From the Vandy Board

Slow day at work, so I decided to bounce around the boards. A vandy homer posted this:

"I was part of a program a few weeks back with my daughter and there were a couple of young men that knew him, and I had a 2 min conversation with the young man and he's all utee...then I asked him why is he waiting to commit and he said that he's gonna do it on NSD because he wants to get on tv and he likes the attention...so there you have it, as a matter of fact he never seriously considerd anybody but them, he likes attion is why he hasn't committed yet"

seems-legit-7.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Kid is just waiting, enjoying the experience. Good for him.

Now, how long before some genius pipes up with - "he better hurry up before he loses his spot!"

From the Vandy Board

Slow day at work, so I decided to bounce around the boards. A vandy homer posted this:

"I was part of a program a few weeks back with my daughter and there were a couple of young men that knew him, and I had a 2 min conversation with the young man and he's all utee...then I asked him why is he waiting to commit and he said that he's gonna do it on NSD because he wants to get on tv and he likes the attention...so there you have it, as a matter of fact he never seriously considerd anybody but them, he likes attion is why he hasn't committed yet"

Fail
1299505990_mortar-launch-fail.gif

Reactions: 12 people

From the Vandy Board

This is from the Candy Scout board...

On Vic:

"We've been good friends since we were about 4 years old running track against each other," said the 6-foot-1, 178-pound Gaulden of his relationship with Wharton. "So, I mean it's a pretty big deal. He's working on me slowly. I act like it doesn't matter but you know. But, he's nagging me and it could be working."

"(Gaulden) told me congrats and that he was just keeping his options open and that he could see us playing with each other but next year we're going to go ahead and win the state championship but concentrate on this year right now," Wharton said.

"It will be a huge help," Wharton said of Gaulden. "We didn't really have someone who could come downhill for us at the safety position and bring the wood like RaShaan does. RaShaan, he's a hitter. We need that on defense, plus another leader."

-scout

Reactions: 4 people
On Vic:

"We've been good friends since we were about 4 years old running track against each other," said the 6-foot-1, 178-pound Gaulden of his relationship with Wharton. "So, I mean it's a pretty big deal. He's working on me slowly. I act like it doesn't matter but you know. But, he's nagging me and it could be working."

"(Gaulden) told me congrats and that he was just keeping his options open and that he could see us playing with each other but next year we're going to go ahead and win the state championship but concentrate on this year right now," Wharton said.

"It will be a huge help," Wharton said of Gaulden. "We didn't really have someone who could come downhill for us at the safety position and bring the wood like RaShaan does. RaShaan, he's a hitter. We need that on defense, plus another leader."

-scout

AKA it is working. Vol?

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee has been on Gaulden's mind for well over a year and the defensive back was a priority for the previous coaching staff and is as well as the current coaching staff. Gaulden has been to Knoxville many times including several times to visit with the current staff including a visit last month with his family. Tennessee has been at the top of the list for the Nashville native and continues to be the team to beat for Gaulden. A timeframe is still unknown, but Gaulden continues to grow more and more familiar with the new Tennessee staff. South Carolina is a team that's recently made a move for Gaulden and the talented defensive back may want to see the Gamecocks before he does anything.
-VolQuest.com.

They are saving one for Rashaan. Patience.

FWIW - Tennessee is back. Tennessee kids and legacies all coming home. That's how it starts and how we roll again.

I hate how s Carolina has shoved its way on to the scene as a relevant program. Provides us with more recruiting competition.

Seemed like spurrier would fail in the first few seasons. But they stuck with him. And now they're winning. Ready for them to go back to their place in the bottom half of the east

Reactions: 3 people
I hate how s Carolina has shoved its way on to the scene as a relevant program. Provides us with more recruiting competition.

Seemed like spurrier would fail in the first few seasons. But they stuck with him. And now they're winning. Ready for them to go back to their place in the bottom half of the east

I don't think you have to worry about Sourrier being there too much longer, JMO. Plus USCe has very limited room this cycle. Their taking like 14 guys and already have Wesley Green and Smalls. Doubt he really ends up there. VOL.

Spoke with 4-star DB Rashaan Gaulden

I had a chance to catch up with four-star Independence DB Rashaan Gaulden yesterday and he told me he's getting closer to naming a top five. According to him, he should trim his list by the end of the month.

He didn't get into too many specifics about schools, but did say Washington, Tennessee and South Carolina are three schools that he thinks could be in that mix. He spent last week in the Pacific Northwest for Washington's camp and camp away impressed. The reason the Huskies are in the mix is because of Justin Wilcox and Peter Sirmon, two coaches who he became familiar with when they were a part of the Vols staff.

The plan is for him to name the top five, take some visits and make a decision sometime in late August or early September. I'll have the full update, with quotes from Gaulden, posted shortly.

-Woody Wommack, Rivals

Sirmon and Wilcox are Very good recruiters.

Yes they are. Wish we could have somehow held on to Sirmon. He's a great up and coming coach and recruiter. I think he'll eventually end up being a defensive coordinator with some more seasoning under Wilcox.

Yes they are. Wish we could have somehow held on to Sirmon. He's a great up and coming coach and recruiter. I think he'll eventually end up being a defensive coordinator with some more seasoning under Wilcox.

Agreed! Sirmon was a pretty good player as well, so I'm not shocked he's done so good coaching or recruiting.

Yep. He was smart to get out of selling real estate and get into coaching. Talented, articulate guy.

VN Store

Back