say a Prayer for my Dad

Prayers sent for both families. Please thank your Dads for the freedom that my family enjoys each and every day.

Praying for peace and comfort for all those who posted their personal stories of sickness and suffering. It is sad to think that we are united by something more than just being Vols...we will all be affected by cancer in some way...either ourselves, a family member, or friend. (Lost my Grandmother to breast cancer). Continuing to pray for advances in medicine and an eventual cure!

Heavenly Father, I come before you with a
solemn heart and in need of your intercession.
I pray that the cancer that has come into this man
soon fades into a quick remission. I believe in
your capacity for miracles, and ask for this on my
behalf. As we grow older, I know we become closer
to the day you accept us back into your kingdom.
I ask that you delay that holy union if it be your will.
In your name I pray, Amen.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll never forget hearing those words for the first time. I was told I had cancer last year and it stopped me in my tracks. I am young in today's standards but cancer does not care. I will most definitely be praying for these precious families.

Guys/gals, don't take your health for granted and whenever you do get to see a loved one, hug them just for an extra second to cherish them.

Reactions: 1 person
got some terrible news,my dad has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver,it probably isn't going to end well,there running some test,but the out look is very bleak and there is another spot of cancer some where near his back,We are waiting on more information from the doctors

He is a decorated vet from WW2 and Korea,was awarded the Purple Heart and numerous others,is the Grand Father of Shay,i know a few of you knew her and he is 84

He has been a Vol Fan as far back as i can remember,loves the Football program and the Lady Vols.he will cuz the football team out and swear he will never watch them again,but still watches every game

in advance, thanks for your prayers

Mule, how's Pop doin'? I know he is comforted and I hope for the best for him.

Will definitely pray for him and for you. Praying God's comfort and mercy for your whole family.

I've posted to this already but you all are still weighing heavy on my heart. I'm sending prayers to you guys daily.

Mule, how's Pop doin'? I know he is comforted and I hope for the best for him.

he passed away Sly,it has taken me a while before i could talk about this,it didn't take to long for the cancer to take him,and when it did,it was fast,thank goodness,so he didn't suffer to long

i want to thank everybody that had him in there thoughts and prayers,me and my family say thanks again,it did put a smile on his face,when we told him that Volnation had him in there prayers

he has all ways been a Vols fan,a huge fan i should say,he would have loved the run that the softball team made and he was watching the Lady Vols play basketball,every time he was able to,up to the very end and don't get me started on the football program :)

and my thoughts and prayers go out to all who are having to fight cancer and to those that have lost the hard fight

there is a good chance he will be in a book,one of my cousins is working in collaboration to get the stories from the Vets in all wars,ones that they can talk to,I'll look and get a link up,for those interested in it

he passed away Sly,it has taken me a while before i could talk about this,it didn't take to long for the cancer to take him,and when it did,it was fast,thank goodness,so he didn't suffer to long

i want to thank everybody that had him in there thoughts and prayers,me and my family say thanks again,it did put a smile on his face,when we told him that Volnation had him in there prayers

he has all ways been a Vols fan,a huge fan i should say,he would have loved the run that the softball team made and he was watching the Lady Vols play basketball,every time he was able to,up to the very end and don't get me started on the football program :)

and my thoughts and prayers go out to all who are having to fight cancer and to those that have lost the hard fight

there is a good chance he will be in a book,one of my cousins is working in collaboration to get the stories from the Vets in all wars,ones that they can talk to,I'll look and get a link up,for those interested in it

Damn, Mule. I am really sorry for your loss of your Pop. Remember all the good times and have sweet dreams about him. I do with mine.

Sorry for your loss but I know he will never have to suffer again. God bless you and your family.

You'll always have fond memories when you watch the vols thinking of your pops.

i have been in a spell,to where i couldn't watch any kind of sports,without it being painful,i would call him up and make sure he had the game on,he couldn't see good enough to read the TV program guide or see the numbers on the remote,so i would call him and make sure he had the game on

Darn Gov't Mule, I am real sorry to hear about that. You're a class guy and I bet your father was very proud of you.

Last edited:
Prayers from me bro. Lost my dad 5 yrs ago to colon cancer. Cancer sucks.

VN Store

Back