2014 Softball Recruits?

3bvol

Any information about freshmen who will/may be coming in for next season? With the seniors departing, a strong recruiting class would be most helpful. (I need to do something while awaiting Super Regional play!)

I would like to know this as well. Are there any good softball recruiting sites like rivals and 247 does for football and basketball?

I had posted this info earlier but I will repost....

Annie Aldrete, Megan Geer, Taylor Koenig & Shaliyah Gathers..

Annie Aldrete from Northern Calif... played on the San Jose Sting Gold team and played in the championship game this summer at the primier fastpitch championships... took second place but hit a homer or two in the championship game in the losing defeat..

Annie... nice video.. favorite non softball player Candice Parker

Annie Aldrete - 2011 All County softball team - YouTube

http://premiergirlsfp.bbstats.pointstreak.com/player.html?playerid=358179

Megan Geer and Taylor Koenig both played on the Championship So Cal Athletics.. Megan and Annie were both hitting homeruns in the championship game and the Athletics defended their Championship.

Megan is 2b and OF and Taylor is 1b and 3b

So Cal Athletics 18 Gold

Megan

So Cal Athletics 18 Gold: SCA Roster

Taylor

So Cal Athletics 18 Gold: SCA Roster

Shaliyah Gathers is from Tennessee and played on the Tennessee Fury softball team... she is a lefty slapper and plays outfield.

Shaliyah

Prospect Profiles for <?php echo $team_name; ?>

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I would like to know this as well. Are there any good softball recruiting sites like rivals and 247 does for football and basketball?

Ultimate College Softball has a forum that has commitments by team / league

Verbal Commitments/Signees by Team -

This is a list for Division 1 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 verbal commitments.

Years and Name are color coated on web site.... sorry, I don't have the time or energy to reflect that here... check the link for the complete list of teams and their commitments by year.

SEC
Alabama: Chandler Dare, Marissa Runyon, Sydney Littlejohn, Peyton Grantham, Miranda Grotenhuis, Alexis Osorio, Ashleigh Hughes, Carrigan Fain, Demi Turner, Reagan Dykes, Mari Cranak, Caroline Hardy, Merris Schroder, Gabrielle Calloway

Arkansas: Grace Moll, Jessica Harrison, Shelby Hiers, Parker Pocklington, Kelsey Berlin, Sydney Wright, Rachel Box, Loren Krzysko, Gracie Bogle, Allison Stewart, Madison Yanneti, Autumn Russell, Haley Meinen, Tori Cooper, Ashley Diaz, Carley Haizlip, Kenzi Maguire, Chase Nelson, Raegan Rogers, Taylor Beshears, Katerria Moore,Cori Cooper

Auburn: Ashley Leon, Jenna Abbott, Courtney Huston, Kasey Cooper, Madi Gibson, Lexi Boggess,Sam Glantz, Rose Schmidt, Mandy Jordan,

Florida: Justine McLean, Delanie Gourley, Chelsea Herndon, Nicole DeWitt, Kayli Kvistad,Megan Reed, Rebecca Shipper, Amanda Lorenz, Janelle Wheaton, Sophia Reynoso, Ashley Guillette, Brooke Clemens, Alex Voss, Theresa Swerter, Danielle Romanello

Georgia: Maeve McGuire, Malia Rivers, Brittany Gray, Mason Garland, Savanna McHellon, Mallory Belknap, Brittany Nimmo, Justice Milz

Kentucky: Breanne Ray, Shannon Smith, Erin Rethlake, Megan Prince, Brooklin Hinz, Rachael Metzger, Haley Andrus, Lauren Lewis, Jenny Schaper

LSU: Sahvanna Jaquish, Baylee Corbello, Bailey Landry, Kelsi Selman, Constance Quinn, Allie Walljasper, Taylor Lockwood, Emily Griggs, Sydney Smith, Amber Serrett, Taylor Satchell

Mississippi State: Katie Anne Bailey, Caroline Seitz, Madison Arroyo, Amanda Ivy, Alexis Silkwood, Holly Ward, Claire Stucker, Cayln Adams, Taylor Kelly, Sabrina Turner

Ole Miss: Emily Gaitan, Emily Boyd, Courtney Syrett, Miranda Strother, Lindsey Cassell, Grayce Majam, Danae King, Aimilia McDonough, Elantra Cox, Paige McKinney, Cassidy Chase, Kaitlyn McFarland

Missouri: , Tori Finucane, Casey Stangel, Kelli Schkade, Kristen Mack, Jordan Zolman, Natalie Fleming, Amanda Sanchez, Morgan Walters, Paige Lowary, Courtney Shea, Paige Bange, Riley Pierce, Kolby Romaine

South Carolina: Kaylea Snaer, Macey Webb, Taylor Williams, Nickie Blue, Mackenzie Moler, Victoria Williams, Hayley Copeland, Caroline Cash, Kamryn Watts, Kennedy Clark, Sumer Wallace, Alexis Hull, Alexis Mack, Cayla Drotar

Tennessee: Annie Aldrete, Megan Geer, Taylor Koenig, Shaliyah Gathers, Shianne Ybarra, CJ McClain, Devan Brown, Megan Gregg, Jessica Adell, Scarlet, McSwain, Abby Lockman, Taylor Rowland, Bria Bush, Aubrey Leach, Jaiden Johnson, Kaitlyn Martin

Texas A&M: Reagan Boenker, Abby Donnell, April Ryan, Suzanne White, Kristen Cuyos, Tori Vidales, Erin Houthoofd, Kayla Ober, Erica Russell, Ashley Walters, Samantha Show, Riley Sartain, Kaitlyn Alderink, Morgan Herzog, Kelbi Fortenberry, Payton McBride

ESPN doesn't rank softball recruiting anymore but I have to think this would be a top tier class if they did.

thanks :hi: Vols4life and the '15 class is full too ? that's great to here,i wonder if there is a link with who they are in on in '15,they should be looking for some pitching,i know they have Erin Gabriel as a freshmen this year,was she injured or red shirted ?

thanks :hi: Vols4life and the '15 class is full too ? that's great to here,i wonder if there is a link with who they are in on in '15,they should be looking for some pitching,i know they have Erin Gabriel as a freshmen this year,was she injured or red shirted ?

Injured. There's a link in this thread I think that shows the 2015 recruits.

the '15 class has 7 players and 3 of them are listed as pitchers and one of them throws 5 pitches including a knuckle she was lexi overstreet's high school teammate...but with 7 players already I don't see them adding anymore to the '15 class

An underhanded knuckleball ? This should at least be on YouTube somewhere. Is her last name Niekro ?

I think someone asked this previously, but is there a site that ranks softball recruiting? Or can someone much more knowledgeable comment on the quality of our '14 and '15 classes.

I think someone asked this previously, but is there a site that ranks softball recruiting? Or can someone much more knowledgeable comment on the quality of our '14 and '15 classes.

Both of the classes are ranked in the top 5 in the country

No, they no longer rank softball classes. Our 14, and 15 classes are very good

It's impressive that we already have 15 commitments for the next 3 classes, apparently more than any other program in the country. But it looks like we'll have 2 consecutive classes ('13 & '14) w/o a pitcher, which is surprising.

Our projected pitching staff for the next 2 years:

2014: Ellen Renfroe (SR), Erin Gabriel (SO), Cheyanne Tarango (JR; spot duty)
2015: Gabriel (JR), Tarango (SR), ????

I just can't see Gabriel & Tarango carrying our entire pitching load in '15, not to mention the necessity of their both staying healthy all season.

Last edited:
Are any of the new recruits capable of hitting 30 hrs in a season -- would be nice to get a power hitter like that for a change. The above post is a bit scary if its true.

very few college softball players hit 30 hr's in a season now two of the new girls are capable of hitting 10 plus but they must adjust to college pitching those being Annie Aldrete and Taylor Koenig

VN Store

Back