Sat Games

Arclight

"
So Tennessee’s Lady Vols will have to win twice Saturday if they are to claim the 10-team event at the University of Kentucky’s John Cropp Stadium.
The delay doesn’t change the game plan, though, including the pitching, so says co-head coach Ralph Weekly.

“We already had our rotation planned, so the rain is not going to affect us,” Weekly said. “We have three good pitchers and we plan to use all three of them tomorrow anyhow.”

Semifinals are set for 11 a.m. — top-seeded Florida against fifth-seeded Georgia — and 1:30 p.m., for the No. 2 Lady Vols against No. 3 Missouri. The first game will be televised on ESPNU, while Tennessee’s contest will be streamed online at ESPN3.com.

The championship game, to be shown on ESPN, remains set for 8 p.m.
---------------------------------

Fla is on tv.. the LVs are not on tv.

Last edited:
Top of the 6th MO 2-0. TN has 6 outs to work with. 4,5,6,7,8,9 batters if no one gets on base.

Discouraging: I thought this group had championship potential, and it does still, but we've seen that our pitching is good but not great--and while we've got one of the best hitting teams in the country, the hitting has tailed off down the stretch and good pitchers can shut us down.

Reactions: 1 person
TN goes down in order. Drops 3 of 4 in the last week to MO. This is significant as the NCAA committee will look at head to head matchups when choosing top 8 seeds (who will host regionals and super regionals). This past week likely cost us a chance to host at home in supers : (

Reactions: 1 person
... Meaning if TN is to make it back to the World Series it will have to do it by going on the road and beating someone in their stadium

TN goes down in order. Drops 3 of 4 in the last week to MO. This is significant as the NCAA committee will look at head to head matchups when choosing top 8 seeds (who will host regionals and super regionals). This past week likely cost us a chance to host at home in supers : (

Esp. if UF shells that Missouri pitcher tonight :no:

Call me a negavol all you want, but this team just doesn't have what it takes to win a championship.

Call me a negavol all you want, but this team just doesn't have what it takes to win a championship.

They do have 2 star players injured right now, I would hate to think what you would say if you were an Alabama fan -- ranked # 1 early on and look at them now.

Who is the other injured player, besides Davin? This team looked like a serious title contender three weeks ago, but we're limping into the NCAA tourney. The Vols don't really have a shut-down pitcher--the Renfroes are good but not good enough to shut out a good team--and that means our hitters have to be at their best and beat good pitching, and they haven't done it, despite the fact that we've probably got three of the top 10 players in college softball.

Who is the other injured player, besides Davin? This team looked like a serious title contender three weeks ago, but we're limping into the NCAA tourney. The Vols don't really have a shut-down pitcher--the Renfroes are good but not good enough to shut out a good team--and that means our hitters have to be at their best and beat good pitching, and they haven't done it, despite the fact that we've probably got three of the top 10 players in college softball.

Gabriel -- also it looked like the Vols catcher had something wrong with her hand - there was a brace or something covering some of it - I would have PH hit for her that inning with runners on 2nd and 3rd and she stuckout -- Weekly hasnt made some good decisions as of late either you know.

I think you are correct. I also did a little re-evaluation in my head regarding the potential of this team now that we've played all te regular season games. Basically we beat those behind us in the standings and lost to those ahead of us and Missouri who only ended up behind us due to schedule inequality. What once seemed like marquee wins over Texas a&m and bama are no longer such. A good team but not great.

I think you are correct. I also did a little re-evaluation in my head regarding the potential of this team now that we've played all te regular season games. Basically we beat those behind us in the standings and lost to those ahead of us and Missouri who only ended up behind us due to schedule inequality. What once seemed like marquee wins over Texas a&m and bama are no longer such. A good team but not great.

:ermm: only UF was ahead of us and that wasnt until Weekly blew the final reg season game by making a very stupid pitching change.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back