'14 IL TE Daniel Helm (UT commit 4/23/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many tight ends are we taking in this class?

An educated guess would be 2. Wolf and Helm, I believe, are the top 2 we want (that will actually commit - someone like Milan Richard isn't coming and the coaches know it).

Creamer is an interesting prospect, in that, the coaches could see him as a hybrid, so technically could be 3 TEs in this class.

So, my guess is 2.

This is crazy... Eventually, the entire top 10 recruiting rankings will be held solely by SEC schools - now that Tennessee and Ole Miss are up there with the likes of Bama, UGA, UF, aTm, and LSU.

An educated guess would be 2. Wolf and Helm, I believe, are the top 2 we want (that will actually commit - someone like Milan Richard isn't coming and the coaches know it).

Creamer is an interesting prospect, in that, the coaches could see him as a hybrid, so technically could be 3 TEs in this class.

So, my guess is 2.

Googer is in the same position as Richard and Creamer

This is crazy... Eventually, the entire top 10 recruiting rankings will be held solely by SEC schools - now that Tennessee and Ole Miss are up there with the likes of Bama, UGA, UF, aTm, and LSU.

That's the way it should be.

Seeing that we are thin in experience and like of legit TE's, I would think we take at least 2 if not 3. CBJ loves using TE's for different purposes. JMO

The Wolverines were possibly close to landing a four-star tight end as well in Chatham (Ill.) Glenwood Top247 standout Daniel Helm.

“I thought about it,” Helm said. “I’m just not ready to make a decision."

Ranked by the 247Composite as the nation’s No. 6 tight end and No. 232 prospect overall, this was Helm’s second visit to the Michigan campus and the Wolverines have set the bar moving forward. Tennessee and Ole Miss round out Helm’s top three.

“I’m not 100 percent of my timetable,” Helm said. “Michigan is only taking one tight end and Tennessee is only taking two tight ends and they already have one, so there are some options that are closing and that’s weighing on my timetable.”

-Michigan247

“The four schools I have really grown to like are Michigan, Tennessee, Florida, and Ole Miss,” he said. “Most likely my choice will come from one of those four schools.”“I’ll have a decision before my season starts,” Helm explained. “It will probably take place over the summer, but perhaps earlier than that.”

-scout

"I am starting to narrow it down a little," Helm said. "The teams I am really favoring right now are Michigan, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Florida. That list could change [but] that's who I am favoring right now.

"Originally I was hoping to take official visits, now I am realizing positions fill up and sometimes the scholarship you may want might not be there. So, I am pretty confident I will make a decision before the season, but I'm not sure when."

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Helm has already visited each of his four favorite schools, and made a return trip to see one this past weekend.

"This past weekend I went to Ohio State and Michigan," Helm said. "I was at Columbus on Friday and watched them practice, then went to Ann Arbor on Saturday.

Ohio State is one school that Helm has not yet received an offer from, and this was his first visit to their campus.

Michigan has offered Helm and his visit to their campus on Saturday coincided with the Wolverine's spring game.

"I took my dad up there because he wasn't able to see it the first time around," Helm said. "It was more for my dad's sake, but it was good for me to."

-Rivals

@RivalsDallas: If I had to make just one prediction from @RivalsCamp St. Louis it would be #Rivals250 TE Daniel Helm to #Vols. Kid was gushing about #UT.

Reactions: 6 people
I would love this not just because he is an awesome player but that we could leave Barnett at De.

I would love this not just because he is an awesome player but that we could leave Barnett at De.

That would be best. But what's great if we get all three is we can have aome versatile players. If a te goes down and we need somebody, we could use a guy like barnett to help out on offense even though he'd mainly play de

Four-star tight end Daniel Helm has narrowed his list of 14 scholarship offers to four. His current favorites include Tennessee, Ole Miss, Michigan and Florida. On Sunday, he seemed to be more interested in discussing the Volunteers than any of his other frontrunners. And while Tennessee might lead for the time being, the fact that he included the Gators on his list is interesting. Helm is yet to receive a Florida offer, but grouped Will Muschamp's program in with his other top options. If an offer from the Gators is to materialize, things could change dramatically.

- Rivals

Michigan just took a commitment from a TE today, Ian Bunting, and per a poster on VQ they are only taking 1 TE this class. And from reports of Helm raving about UT lately this might mean good news for UT with Helm.

Reactions: 1 person
Michigan just took a commitment from a TE today, Ian Bunting, and per a poster on VQ they are only taking 1 TE this class. And from reports of Helm raving about UT lately this might mean good news for UT with Helm.

If Blazevich picks UGA, thus could get interesting with Milan and Helm. Plus Googer is high on us as well

So much for the 247 crystal ball prediction on Bunting. 1 out of 5 had him to UM. Helm would be a big time pickup if he ended up a VOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back