Pit Bulls

my parents have 2 and my sister has 2. they are very affectionate and mild mannered. so, my experience mirrors other pit owners in this thread (ie, it's how they're raised).

in the past, we've had German shepherds and a Rottweiler. no incidents with those dogs either.

A friend of mine had one when I was in high school. He had a twin brother and they were wrestling....the dog thought they were fighting and snapped at my friend.....nailed him in the nuts....12 stitches to the sack.....he said he could hear the nurses in the ER talking about his mutilated balls

lucky he's not a cyclops or eunuch

The 3 Most Aggressive Dog Breeds Revealed! – Pit Bulls? Rottweilers? You’ll Be Surprised…. | Dog Reflections

World's Meanest Dog: The English Cocker Spaniel?: Discovery News

My little Affenpinscher/Brussels Griffon mix (Affenpinscher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is one of the more aggressive dogs I've ever owned. I've only ever been bitten by dachshunds and cocker spaniels.
Cool story, how about breeds with aggressive predisposition that can actually do some damage?

Legalize weed for pit bulls.
Problem solved
Tadow

I would bet you could take just about any dog, isolate him in the backyard, on a chain, or in a 10 by 10 pin and make him mean as hell.. Now if this the life you have to give your pit bull, or any dog, then do yourself and the dog a favor, never get one..

If you don't socialize any dog at a early age and put him in that scenario, he's going to be mean.. This is the life of most of these animals that you read about attacking someone.. Owners fault in every case.. Whether he got loose and bite someone, or you put him in the backyard and he bite someone.. It's on you.. Now if you want to be a lazy owner, then get a dog that requires little work.. Like a very tiny one, that has nubs for teeth.. That way the little shat can't hurt someone if he tried.. Larger breeds require more work from the owner.. That goes for all large breed dogs..
This goes to what I think should be done. It really does come down to the owner. I also have some friends with a house-pit (three roommates who all own him) and it's one of the best dogs I know. A friend not too far from here has a big ol' mutt with wolf two or three generations back, and it gets rambunctious but is still a big softy.

Ideally I'd like to see owners held liable for dog bites, and if they prove neglectful or whatever, then the dogs get taken and put into no-kill shelters.

Why aren't their stricter regulations in possessing one of these animals? Everyday you see where a kid or person is mauled or killed by one of these animals.

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=n0NaxsrRP5g&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dn0NaxsrRP5g%26feature%3Dyoutu.be[/youtube]

Those vicious animals

I never read an article where a Great Dane attacked anyone. I see where pits do it everyday. I don't know much about dog fighting other than it involves mostly put bulls & there has to be a reason for it. I agree people are largely to blame but not solely.

My wife spent most her adult life owning a dane. The one she had when we came together was the sweetest dog in the world but I was under no illusion as to what would happen if I did something that the dog would perceive as a threat.

Being around danes, she thought she was the dane goddess until she went into another dane's yard (one she knew). That dog managed to bite her three time in the abdomen three times (puncture wounds in her back and stomach) before you could say boo. Danes have it in them to be ferocious.

we've owned 2 Danes...Both lived about 7 years...Once our kids are older, we'll probably get another one...
We love them

VN Store

Back