Any of You Lady Vol Fanatics have......

Im not a fan of Geno, but he by far the best coach in Womens basketball right now....

I wouldn't say he is "by far" the best coach! Muffett seems to have his number the past few years, and Kim is right up there! We'll see how well she does after Griner leaves this year to determine how great of a coach she really is!

Basketball is really about who has the most talent. In women's basketball in particular there is often one player so dominant that their team is going to win it all.

There are probably a dozen or so coaches who are equal in their coaching abilities. What it comes down to is where the talent goes.

Holly seems to be as good as any of them. About the only thing I would criticize her for is not going to a zone against Auburn or a couple of other teams to stop the penetration of smaller, quicker players and to get her thin roster some rest instead of having them play really tight man 40 minutes a game.

But we have played much better than I thought we would to this point in the season and I am really pleased overall. The next step is beating someone Like Stanford (which we should have done) or ND etc... That is how she can cement herself amongst the elite and show UT is still a top team. We really need to do that this year but I am afraid this team may not quite be ready to do that yet.

Holly seems to be as good as any of them

Youre kidding right? Holly has proved she doesn't prepare well enough to play with the Notre Dames, Baylors, and UCOnns. Maybe that is something learned over time, but losing to Chattanooga is nothing but a lack of preparation.

The only coach in Genos league is retired.

Gathering talent is part of coaching.

Youre kidding right? Holly has proved she doesn't prepare well enough to play with the Notre Dames, Baylors, and UCOnns. Maybe that is something learned over time, but losing to Chattanooga is nothing but a lack of preparation.

The only coach in Genos league is retired.

Gathering talent is part of coaching.

Again, I have to disagree about Geno! He was CLEARLY out coached by Muffett! If you want to talk about lack of preparation, just look at how his team has performed against ND & Baylor the past few years! UConn has by far the most raw talent in the game today, yet they continue to get beat by ND! As far as Holly is concerned, I feel that she is doing a fine job, and was trained and mentored by the BEST that's EVER been! She is going to do just fine as HC, and I can't wait to see her next recruiting class! Within the next two years, Tennessee will once again be back as the top two teams alongside UConn! The saying goes, "the more things change, the more they stay the same and WCBB is no different! WCBB is at its best when Tenn and UConn are both at the top!

Again, I have to disagree about Geno! He was CLEARLY out coached by Muffett! If you want to talk about lack of preparation, just look at how his team has performed against ND & Baylor the past few years! UConn has by far the most raw talent in the game today, yet they continue to get beat by ND! As far as Holly is concerned, I feel that she is doing a fine job, and was trained and mentored by the BEST that's EVER been! She is going to do just fine as HC, and I can't wait to see her next recruiting class! Within the next two years, Tennessee will once again be back as the top two teams alongside UConn! The saying goes, "the more things change, the more they stay the same and WCBB is no different! WCBB is at its best when Tenn and UConn are both at the top!

Genos career speaks for itself. 7 Nation Titles! He will get out coached from time to time, but in the long term he will probably be considered the greatest Womens basketball coach of all time.

Genos career speaks for itself. 7 Nation Titles! He will get out coached from time to time, but in the long term he will probably be considered the greatest Womens basketball coach of all time.

He may well get more than 8 NC's, but don't ever see him being considered the greatest coach of all time! Women's Basketball is what it is today because of ONE person, and that view will never change! Regardless what Geno's final numbers may be, he will always be second when compared with Pat! That IS a fact, and the only idiots that argue against it are UConn fans. Geno, himself, will tell you that he wouldn't be where he is today without Pat. Pat is WCBB's equivalent of John Wooden. His record will someday be broken, yet he will continue to be considered the greatest men's coach off all time. Everything Geno has accomplished, Pat did it first! Geno will go down as one of the best coaches, but he will never be considered the greatest!

Last edited:
Guard Offered: Alexa Middleton, a junior guard at Riverdale High School in Murfreesboro, was offered a scholarship this week by Tennessee, according to Tom Kreager of the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal

that was all that was said,in this article

Isabelle Harrison to undergo knee surgery » GoVolsXtra

not sure when this article was wrote

Alexa Middleton 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPNHS

she seems to be very talented and is receiving a lot of offers
Alexa is a lights out 3 point shooter. If she's open, she's almost automatic.

He may well get more than 8 NC's, but don't ever see him being considered the greatest coach of all time! Women's Basketball is what it is today because of ONE person, and that view will never change! Regardless what Geno's final numbers may be, he will always be second when compared with Pat! That IS a fact, and the only idiots that argue against it are UConn fans. Geno, himself, will tell you that he wouldn't be where he is today without Pat. Pat is WCBB's equivalent of John Wooden. His record will someday be broken, yet he will continue to be considered the greatest men's coach off all time. Everything Geno has accomplished, Pat did it first! Geno will go down as one of the best coaches, but he will never be considered the greatest!
It does no good to call people idiots, or to state opinions as fact. It doesn’t change anyone else’s mind and just weakens your argument. Pat will always be #1 in Tennessee, and I’m happy with that. We can’t expect others to agree. Everyone likes their own family.

Fame is fleeting. It’s a now world. And, what is the criteria for greatness? Perhaps a good comparison to Pat’s situation is John Heisman. A great player and coach that changed the game. Many young kids don’t even know who Heisman was. To them, it’s just a name on an award. As time passes, older heroes are forgotten and current individuals become the greatest.

If Geno surpasses Pat’s accomplishments, he may be considered the greatest – until someone else comes along.

Last edited:
All Lady Vols fans should be concerned with what is taking place with this program. Lack of preparation in multiple games this year, most notably Chattanooga. Not sure of HW can get it done.

Tennessee should have committed itself to a national search. Letting your former Coach pick the next HC was pretty dumb. Hart is the AD not Pat. Hart should have selected the coach.

The apathy just seems to have set in with the LV's...

All Lady Vols fans should be concerned with what is taking place with this program. Lack of preparation in multiple games this year, most notably Chattanooga. Not sure of HW can get it done.

Tennessee should have committed itself to a national search. Letting your former Coach pick the next HC was pretty dumb. Hart is the AD not Pat. Hart should have selected the coach.

The apathy just seems to have set in with the LV's...

Your lack of knowledge should be an embarrassment, but you just keep commenting.

Lack of knowledge? YOu Sheep just hate to hear the truth.
And you have yet to post anything factual to back up your claims. You just seem to be trolling the board for whatever reason. You don't like Holly. We get it. Doesn't matter though because she will be here a while, whether you like it or not. I have said before that she wasn't my first choice but after watching her and this staff closely, she has won me over for now. I think they are getting coached very well. How else do you think a team picked by the coaches, who probably know a little about the game of BB, to finish fifth is now tied for the lead at the top of the conference. These girls didn't get there on their own. Your tune is getting old. Try a different song.

Reactions: 2 people
By far the best coach in women's college basketball? Seems a bit overrated to me. He is a great recruiter, no doubt.:hi:

but he's every bit the coach that PS was. Keep in mind that PS started at UT 11 years before Geno started at Ct. I do NOT want geno to pass PS/UT in national titles--and so I want to see Holly and her staff crank it up. We need excellent recruiting and excellent coaching. Neither has been quite good enough the last four years.

but he's every bit the coach that PS was. Keep in mind that PS started at UT 11 years before Geno started at Ct. I do NOT want geno to pass PS/UT in national titles--and so I want to see Holly and her staff crank it up. We need excellent recruiting and excellent coaching. Neither has been quite good enough the last four years.

The LVs have signed Mercedes Russell, Jannah Tucker, and Jordan Reynolds for next year. Mercedes is 6-6 and is in the the number one position in the HoopGurlz rankings for the 2013 recruits. She may be the tall LV that they need to help them win more games! Tucker is in 8th place on this list. I'm not sure but I think Reynolds has an ACL injury and will be red shirted her first year at UT. I think this is what I have read somewhere. Anyway, it is fantastic that all 3 recruits have chosen to play for the LVs. Hopefully, Middleton will join them too and we'll get another NC soon!

Actually, it was Tucker who suffered the acl tear. It happened during the summer before her senior year, so she should be ready to play at the start of the season. Whether she's at 100% will be the question.

By the way, I'm predicting that Jordan Reynolds will be the Sidney Spencer of this class. Not particularly highly ranked coming in, but crucial to the program!

Jim

OK, my bad. Tucker with the acl tear not Reynolds. Anyway, I'm syked about next year's line-up for the LVs.:rock:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back