Prentiss Wagner draft article

Pretty inconsistent player. Sometimes he is great, other times he looks terrible. Best of luck to him. I hope he does well in the NFL.

I really empathize with our defensive players. They went from decent to god awful in one season and I really blame it on Sal more so than their lack of ability. Hopefully the seniors can slip into the NFL and prove their worth.

Reactions: 4 people
I really empathize with our defensive players. They went from decent to god awful in one season and I really blame it on Sal more so than their lack of ability. Hopefully the seniors can slip into the NFL and prove their worth.

I agree.I think we may be pleasantly surprised .

:good!: +2 Good player...I think he has a great deal of potential and hoped for a "break out" season this year, butt then "the Sal" came and we saw what happened. On the positive side, he has played in both 3-4 and 4-3 systems.

Reactions: 2 people
PW got shuttled around plugging gaps in the secondary with every injury - while playing hurt himself. All Vol in my book. I want nothing for the best for him and believe he can make an NFL roster and do well.

Reactions: 6 people
PW got shuttled around plugging gaps in the secondary with every injury - while playing hurt himself. All Vol in my book. I want nothing for the best for him and believe he can make an NFL roster and do well.

Right, so he also has experience doing everything but taking up the tickets!

I think he is 2 slow for corner and not big for safety. Wish him well as he has had to take a huge bite of this giant shat sandwich over the past 5 years

In before Sal made him get beat in coverage and tackle poorly in run support.
Oh...

:) Exactly! That was obviously one of the best coached defenses UT has ever had. The fact that they dropped nearly 50 spots in their national ranking in one year with mostly the same players is because they all just simulteneously started sucking and running slower. Dude may not be a pro-bowler or even stick, but clearly he and his teamates were lost this year and the only thing that changed was Sal.

PW has the ability to make at the least a practice roster playing at the S position in the NFL. He has some good man to man skills that some S don't posses which should help the transition to the NFL. PW weakness is his athletic ability. He makes up for it with his brains and his ability to play multiple positions. He's a VFL and did everything asked of him here while never complaining about the circumstances. If he had refused to play CB he'd probably be a 4-5 round S as that's his position he truly excels in. He gave up his draft stock IMO for the better of the team and that defines a VFL.

I think he will be a late round, free agent steal in a nickel/dime package. He showed early playing with EB a talent for getting to ball and taking in back to the house.

Just think 2 years ago, he was being called "Pick6" Waggner.

I think he will be a late round, free agent steal in a nickel/dime package. He showed early playing with EB a talent for getting to ball and taking in back to the house.

Just think 2 years ago, he was being called "Pick6" Waggner.

:good!: He's still "pick-six Waggner"...he'll be fine!

VN Store

Back