Official Boxing thread

Freddy Atlas going nuts again tonight about how corrupt boxing judging is. just like he did throughout the olympics. i agree with him, you watch the fights and wonder wtf the judges are looking at

I seen that as well. He definitely has a point, but I'm not sure if the federal government could help like he was saying.

I seen that as well. He definitely has a point, but I'm not sure if the federal government could help like he was saying.

It comes down to the way the sport operates. The individual commissions choose the judges, but the promoters have the final say, as they write the checks.

And promoters will always have a stake in the outcomes, especially with prospects and risers. Take it as you will. Its not as disgusting as the Olympics, but it ventures near there at times. I'll say Demetrius Hopkins beating Steve Forbes years ago was about as bought as I've ever seen a fight.

Shane Mosely, who hasn't won a fight on 4 years, is going to fight Paul Malinaggi for a strap of some sort.

Almost as sad (ok, probably not almost as sad) as there is apparently real talk about a Steve Collins vs. Roy Jones, Jr. bout being talked about. The same Steve Collins who last fought in 19-freakin'-97.

Almost as sad (ok, probably not almost as sad) as there is apparently real talk about a Steve Collins vs. Roy Jones, Jr. bout being talked about. The same Steve Collins who last fought in 19-freakin'-97.

He could probably handle Roy. But I figure the matchmaking is probably all about Collins being a "Former Champion". This Roy Jones deal is just sad, sad, sad..It's like if Doug Drabek was broke, so the Pirates gave him a spot in the starting rotation and trotted him out there once a week today.

He could probably handle Roy. But I figure the matchmaking is probably all about Collins being a "Former Champion". This Roy Jones deal is just sad, sad, sad..It's like if Doug Drabek was broke, so the Pirates gave him a spot in the starting rotation and trotted him out there once a week today.

Except for the fact that Drabeck wouldn't be getting punched in the brain.

Pavlik retired, too bad, he seemed to be getting his career back on a high track. But if your heart isn't into fighting, its best to walk away.

Broner is an entertaining little sh&t.

He really is a prick, but he's the best up and coming fighter i've seen in awhile. I think he let the little dude win the first 2 rounds just so it wouldn't end in the 1st

Last edited:
Easily an easy kid to dislike, but I don't see anyone who can touch him at 135 lbs. Possibly Denis Shafikov,who has some good video, but we all know the story of the guy who comes from Eastern Europe with a gaudy record and a big reputation, only to get throttled.

If he goes to light welter there might be a few guys who could pop him good

Good basic cable card tonight on FNF, with Holt v Peterson headlining. I'd like to see Kendall fight like he did against Danny Garcia and have a good shot to win, since he's a pretty cool guy. A loss tonight and I think hes probably done.

Have to think it's going to be pretty sloppy/ugly given the ring rust those two have to have. I don't think either one of them have been in the ring in over a year.

No one can defeat father time.

That being said, Floyd is one of the greatest the sport has ever seen. I love watching his fights and even enjoy hearing all the smack he talks. IMO he has earned the right to talk w.e he wants to who he wants. (inside the sport)

That being said, Floyd is one of the greatest the sport has ever seen.

That part is hard to argue with but...

I love watching his fights and even enjoy hearing all the smack he talks. IMO he has earned the right to talk w.e he wants to who he wants. (inside the sport)

I'll never understand this part. He is is an absolute marvel when it comes to his speed and defensive ability but, to me, that makes him a fairly boring fighter to watch. For his well being, it's the best/safest approach to fighting but for my entertainment value I'd much rather have an attacking fighter in the ring, not a counter puncher/defensive genius.

As for the talking, he does it for hype and it's whatever but it would help if it was at least funny or shocking. Unfortunately he usually neither of those two.

VN Store

Back