Pledge to TN State Flag

Grayvol

Oldtimer
"Three white stars on a field of blue,
God, keep them strong and forever true.
It is with pride and love that we
Salute the flag of TENNESSEE."

I just found out this pledge exists. Screams pregame tradition, if you ask me.

Will always remember the shot of the crowd in Bama of a guy draped in the state flag when Manning hit Kent on "Play number 1".

White stars? Racist IMO

V55PE.gif

Great idea, IMO! Love my state, love my country, love my football team! 'Merica back to back World War champs, Go Vols!

Right...look, Im sorry...I didnt realise I was in the boyscouts forum. Lets just re-establish a tradition of winning. Neyland will be like the worlds largest club house with all the fists up and flags!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
if you experienced the pregame reading of the maxims then you probably wouldn't be pushing this. Just my :twocents:

Reactions: 2 people
Right...look, Im sorry...I didnt realise I was in the boyscouts forum. Lets just start a new tradition of winning. Neyland will be like the worlds largest masonic lodge with all the fists up and flags!

As a Mason, I am not sure what idea you are trying to convey here. I have never seen a masonic lodge with people standing with fists up, or covered in flags. I'm confused. Please explain?

Right...look, Im sorry...I didnt realise I was in the boyscouts forum. Lets just start a new tradition of winning. Neyland will be like the worlds largest masonic lodge with all the fists up and flags!

As a Mason, I am not sure what idea you are trying to convey here. I have never seen a masonic lodge with people standing with fists up, or covered in flags. I'm confused. Please explain?

He lost me after this little jewel. Obviously, if he doesn't know that winning is the tradition and that the last few years have been the exception, anything he says after that will be just as stupid.

No offense, family members are Masons - im not. Just talking out of my behind, i guess. I was just trying to say that all of these "new traditions" are less the focus than winning games. I mean, we can pledge and put our fists up on third down all we want, but if we arent winning it doesnt matter. I am very sorry if I offended you or any other Masons, as I have a great deal of respect for them because of the example set by my grandfather, as a proud and respected Mason (who prolly would have wanted an explanation too!). Please accept my apologies. And btw, for the other person who responded, I also understand Tennessee's winning tradition ...it just seems a little dumb to do all these things and lose the game! Guess Im the only one that thinks that...:whistling: And I was certainly unaware that I needed to educate the wonderful folks on THIS site about UT tradition...:) Fixed the error I made in the original post. sorry again...:good!:

Last edited:

Too busy trying to rule the world to do fist pumps in the air.

VN Store

Back