'13 GA RB Peyton Barber

Just to play devil's advocate, Jones walked into a well-stocked situation following Brian Kelly at Grand Valley and Cincy. He did do a good job of keeping those places stocked in his time there.

Nothing like a Devils Advocate patting himself on the back while FAILING miserably at selling our program. You go Scooterr. Maybe one day your brain will catch your mouth.

Nothing like a Devils Advocate patting himself on the back while FAILING miserably at selling our program. You go Scooterr. Maybe one day your brain will catch your mouth.

Central Michigan, not GVSU. My bad, but wow...prick alert. I wasn't calling you out or trying to prove you wrong. Just looking at it from another angle. Recruiting rankings mean nothing to me and on-field production does. Kelly did well at both places and Butch continued that success.

No need to go to full-attack mode.

Reactions: 1 person
Cincy well stocked ? Wanna check class rankings ? Grand Valley State enough said. Brian Kelly isn't a good recruiter IMO. Anyone can recruit to ND.

Central Michigan, not GVSU. Got ahead of myself there. My apologies. Class rankings don't mean much to me as I said earlier. On field production showed Kelly did well at both places and Butch continued that.

Central Michigan, not GVSU. My bad, but wow...prick alert. I wasn't calling you out or trying to prove you wrong. Just looking at it from another angle. Recruiting rankings mean nothing to me and on-field production does. Kelly did well at both places and Butch continued that success.

No need to go to full-attack mode.

When Kelly went to ND, he had a senior heavy laden team. The next year I believe was one of the years Jones did not win. I think it was a 4 win season. He built it back up. His classes were always rated higher than what Kelly's were.

Reactions: 1 person
When Kelly went to ND, he had a senior heavy laden team. The next year I believe was one of the years Jones did not win. I think it was a 4 win season. He built it back up. His classes were always rated higher than what Kelly's were.

True, but Kelly's success brought attention to the program. I'm not saying Butch did nothing, and rolled right into the catbird's seat. But he followed a successful coach at both stops.

A year later, Butch won 10 games, and he didn't do it with freshmen, so it was Kelly's recruits contributing.

True, but Kelly's success brought attention to the program. I'm not saying Butch did nothing, and rolled right into the catbird's seat. But he followed a successful coach at both stops.

A year later, Butch won 10 games, and he didn't do it with freshmen, so it was Kelly's recruits contributing.

While it may have been Kelly's recruits it wasn't Kelly's system. Kelly and Jones operate different systems. Those recruits were brought in for Kellys system and Coach Jones won those games with his system, which isn't that easy to do with players that weren't brought in for your system. The big difference in that season is that his QB was a freshman that was recruited specifically for his system and you saw the difference on the field.

While it may have been Kelly's recruits it wasn't Kelly's system. Kelly and Jones operate different systems. Those recruits were brought in for Kellys system and Coach Jones won those games with his system, which isn't that easy to do with players that weren't brought in for your system. The big difference in that season is that his QB was a freshman that was recruited specifically for his system and you saw the difference on the field.

I'll concede the point. I was just trying to illustrate that Butch Jones didn't exactly walk into two complete renovation projects at CMU or Cincy, and was successful, much like Malzahn at ASU.

true, but kelly's success brought attention to the program. I'm not saying butch did nothing, and rolled right into the catbird's seat. But he followed a successful coach at both stops.

A year later, butch won 10 games, and he didn't do it with freshmen, so it was kelly's recruits contributing.

weak.

VN Store

Back