The All Things Cycling Thread

56* and pissing rain. Two people text me to go for a ride, got stuck alone at work. Bummer. Supposed to snow a ton tomorrow.

2*F with a -20* windchill last night. I rode to see a band and get drunk. My balls shrank, but are still bigger.

Just found this thread for the first time. How in the heck I've missed it all these years I dunno. Anyway, I'm training for the 2014 Tour Divide currently (just started). If you're in and around Knoxville, youll see me on the greenways and running the singletrack all around. Waiting on it to warm up to start commuting to work at UT Med, but the 18 mile commute means I shouldn't have a problem keeping my weekly mileage above 200. Only done about 52 miles this week and that was all on Monday.

New toys on the way.

White MI6 Disc Hubs in black.
X-Fusion Velvet RL2 650b Fork w remote.
Pacenti Quasi Motor 650b tires.
Crank Bros Cobalt 2 stem and handlebars.
Thomson Elite seatpost.

My XC race machine is nearly complete. XT group next on the list for it about mid season then it'll be done done. I'm thinking I should have just pulled the trigger on the Felt Edict Pro...

White Industries T11 road hubs for my Felt are next, so it doesn't get lonely. Not sure if I want to build another lightweight wheelset, though, since I already have Shimano RS80 wheels on it and Mavic CXP22 wheels for every day usage.

Got a 53 mile road ride in today. I'm out of shape, but stronger than I was beginning of the season last year.

Spent all evening doing Shimano workshop courses. "Certified" in Di2, Dura-Ace 9000, Ultegra, and XT component groups. I get a bunch of nice shiny certificates to hang up and EP sweetness. I'm sold on Di2, also. Ultegra Di2 looks to be great for the money. Now to come up with the funds for a U Di2 Felt F3... The Shimano modules are so annoying and I'm only half done.

Also snagged a Paul Components high flange front hub off of eBay for $48... no idea what the heck I'm going to use it for, though.

I read good reviews of Di2 at TOS.

My current needs are more modest. Should get some cleats for my Shimano shoes.

VN Store

Back