Matthew Pyke 2014 OL/ Long Snapper 6'3 297

Just got the word from his twitter that Memphis will be at his school in the morning... Come on butch!

@MatthewPyke53: "Coach just called and told me Memphis is coming to see me at school tomorrow #Blessed"

So we are going to possibly have a competition at the long snapper posish. The kid we just got to walk on is suppose to be top of the class at LS, but I'm guessing this kid can play OLine too??

This kid ain't going to be a long snapper. This kid is guard all the way. He is good. REAL GOOD! He is getting ready to blow up with offers.

That's what I was wondering! I didn't look into tape or anything but I remembered about the Walk on we are getting this year. I figured he could play some Oline, he won't go to Memphis, hopefully he loves UT this weekend, we are definitely going to need OL help in 14 class, I expect atleast 6 commits? What do you all think?

We will end up with 4 to 5 O-Line next year. Kid will end up with offers from Tennessee, Mississippi St, Vandy, Florida St, Kentucky, Auburn, South Carolina, Clemson, and so on...

Thanks for the info, I just know we are going to need to load up, we got some boys that are going to be headed to the League. Need big boys on both side of the ball

This is a good recruit to start watching over the next year. I wonder how well he will climb in the recruiting ranks and I hope he ends up a Vol in the end.

We will end up with 4 to 5 O-Line next year. Kid will end up with offers from Tennessee, Mississippi St, Vandy, Florida St, Kentucky, Auburn, South Carolina, Clemson, and so on...

If we sign only 3 this year, we had better sign 6-8 next year!

Reactions: 2 people
@MatthewPyke53: After my third talk with coach Mahoney from Tennessee I'm starting to feel really good about this new coaching staff

Reactions: 5 people
He can play center as well...I'm telling you..there is NO OL as nasty As him on a pulling play..the kid abuses people.

We have to get this kid! He's already got several SEC schools after him.. It would be a shame if Tennessee didn't get him. I mean he's 20 mins away.

I wondering that as well..I've heard that Coach Jones said they were having 6 junior days...he will surely be at one of those. He went to Mississippi States Junior day a couple of weeks ago. I just hope he isn't this areas next Randall Cobb..they really need to pursue this kid more..he wants to be a Vol!

I really have no idea why TN hasn't offered this guy..he's a local guy that wants to be a vol and the #3 center in the whole class....

Reactions: 1 person
Why hasn't anybody offered this kid yet? His film looks great. Injury? Grades? Character issue? What gives? His heart bleeds orange, OL is going to be a glaring need in the future so on the surface it's a little puzzling.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm confused as well..he wants to be a vol and he is dominate...every camp he has been to..he has won best lineman..that's no fluke.

Reactions: 1 person
Matthew Pyke ‏@MatthewPyke53 1h
I will be attending Tennessee's junior day and spring practice on Saturday #VFL @Volquest_Paul @FootballTimeMag @VolNation

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back