'14 AL RB Racean Thomas

FWIW he is suppose to be the next commit for the 14 class for UA. Word is the staff is holding off several commits from the 14 class until after NSD. This is the 1st time in several years UA is waiting on NSD to finish a class. Who knows may not get another. But it seems they do not want any concerns with the 13 class about 14 recruits.

Sure, makes sense. He becomes your 25th RB. No one really leaves after next year except maybe Fowler (don't know his class), and you add another 4 RB's this year, and I saw on 247 that Bama already has a RB commit for 2014. Don't understand why we are having trouble with RB, especially with our OL.

Sure, makes sense. He becomes your 25th RB. No one really leaves after next year except maybe Fowler (don't know his class), and you add another 4 RB's this year, and I saw on 247 that Bama already has a RB commit for 2014. Don't understand why we are having trouble with RB, especially with our OL.

They have no commits at RB for 2014. Scarbrough is going to play WR in college. He's said it himself. Plus he's built like the next Andre Johnson at WR(6'3 230 solid). Henry will be an H-back. Also Yeldon will be a junior when this kid comes out.

They have no commits at RB for 2014. Scarbrough is going to play WR in college. He's said it himself. Plus he's built like the next Andre Johnson at WR(6'3 230 solid). Henry will be an H-back. Also Yeldon will be a junior when this kid comes out.

Yea, I understand. But Bama will have 8 RB next year if Kamara commits. Even with Yeldon as a junior, they will have a lot. H back or not, Henry will get some carries.

Someone will transfer probably, i would think Drake or Hart if a couple of the freshman passed them on the depth chart. Henry will play RB, only way he get moved is if he looks awful there during the spring. Im not sold on tenpenny as much as the others so he would be another that will eventually transfer or just sign with Arky on signing day.

Thomas is pretty much a commit and it has been that way for a while, he just hasnt gone public. Thats the consensus here in Oxford. He is better than the group committed , imo. Only Jones and Henry are the main competitors for carries by the time he becomes a soph. and I like his chances against them

Last edited:
Someone will transfer probably, i would think Drake or Hart if a couple of the freshman passed them on the depth chart. Henry will play RB, only way he get moved is if he looks awful there during the spring. Im not sold on tenpenny as much as the others so he would be another that will eventually transfer or just sign with Arky on signing day.

Thomas is pretty much a commit and it has been that way for a while, he just hasnt gone public. Thats the consensus here in Oxford. He is better than the group committed , imo. Only Jones and Henry are the main competitors for carries by the time he becomes a soph. and I like his chances against them

Told you he was the best RB in the state. He's an SEC back right now. Would start over anybody on the UT roster right now. Personally I think the only back in the Bama current class on his level is T.Jones. Kamara if he commits. I also feel Henry won't last at RB for Bama. I don't think with his skill set he can play RB in this league personally. But he could be a monster at TE. A double TE set with Howard and Henry would be nasty. Along with Cooper at 1 WR spot and Black, Jones, and the others as the other option. Then the backs are there and stockpiled. My Vols have got to get some D-linemen that can dominate up front soon to handle this BS. :)

Told you he was the best RB in the state. He's an SEC back right now. Would start over anybody on the UT roster right now. Personally I think the only back in the Bama current class on his level is T.Jones. Kamara if he commits. I also feel Henry won't last at RB for Bama. I don't think with his skill set he can play RB in this league personally. But he could be a monster at TE. A double TE set with Howard and Henry would be nasty. Along with Cooper at 1 WR spot and Black, Jones, and the others as the other option. Then the backs are there and stockpiled. My Vols have got to get some D-linemen that can dominate up front soon to handle this BS. :)

Great assessment of the situation. Jones is my favorite of the group this year, he is so complete ( footwork , vision, etc.). I agree he is the biggest challenger to Thomas. Being in this area and watching Thomas for years now, I knew he was going to be special. I could see Henry going either way. He could be an Eddie George type and make it or not last and move to H-back,something Saban told him could possibly happen after a few years.

Butch and Graham know that getting a top flight RB is a priority for this class! I wouldn't be surprised if we take up to 3 backs in this class. Would be happy with 2 though. I think our bad luck at recruiting RB's will change this year with a dedicated staff. Graham is a top recruiter, and there will be plenty of time for Butch to build relationships with these kids. I'm excited for recruiting, and think better times are coming!

From AU Rivals, Alabama's Best of 2014 -

Thomas is a 5-foot-11, 195-pound running back that entered the first 2014 Rivals100 at No. 45 overall. Thomas holds offers from Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee and more. He's one of the toughest backs in the nation and well-built. Thomas grew up an Alabama fan, but hasn't committed. Thomas rushed for 1,768 yards and 24 touchdowns in 2012.

“It’s been so, so busy and so hectic,” Racean Thomas admitted. “It’s not too much, but it’s a bit overwhelming. It’s nothing I can’t handle, but it took me off guard a little bit.”

The Oxford (Ala.) standout running back, recently named a five-star and the No. 3 player at his position nationally in the class of 2014, had heard from SEC types before as he raked in the offers. But he has gone national here recently, and it’s thrown a wrinkle into his recruitment.
“I don’t have a leader but Auburn is standing out the most,” said Thomas. “Bama’s still in there, Georgia also. Tennessee, too. Ole Miss, yea Ole Miss.”
Tennessee: “I haven’t really talked to Tennessee much. I plan on getting down there, I play on a 7on7 team and it will make it easier for me to visit places. If I’m in Tennessee, I’ll visit there.”

It sounds like he wants to hear more from UT.

Surprising to read he favors Auburn after everyone has been saying he's a Bama lock.

It sounds like he wants to hear more from UT.

Surprising to read he favors Auburn after everyone has been saying he's a Bama lock.

Not really because the word from his HC I believe was he wanted to commit in Jan and our staff would not let him because they did not want any issue with Jones, Tenpenny, and Kamara still in the fold.

Also in the latest interviews with many recruits Saban is stressing unless you are 100% no commit will be taken. So anyone, even if their offer is legit, is being told if you plan on visiting schools in the future UA will not take their commit.

If he committed today I would not be shocked to see it AU.

Also in the latest interviews with many recruits Saban is stressing unless you are 100% no commit will be taken. So anyone, even if their offer is legit, is being told if you plan on visiting schools in the future UA will not take their commit.

I approve of the approach to be implemented by Alabama.

Not really because the word from his HC I believe was he wanted to commit in Jan and our staff would not let him because they did not want any issue with Jones, Tenpenny, and Kamara still in the fold.

This called Selecting, not recruiting... Tends to happen when you win 3 of the last 4 national titles.

Please stop it with your constant BS... thanks

Reactions: 3 people

I see no problem with that at all. A kid should not commit unless he is 100% sure. IMO, kids should not commit this early if they plan to take their visits. Take the trips, then pick your school. It's when kids take visits and "are just having a good time" that we seem to lose so many recruits to other schools.

I see no problem with that at all. A kid should not commit unless he is 100% sure. IMO, kids should not commit this early if they plan to take their visits. Take the trips, then pick your school. It's when kids take visits and "are just having a good time" that we seem to lose so many recruits to other schools.

That is why Saban is stressing it this year because how many flips and/or almost that caused the staff to have use valuable resources on players supposedly committed and still enjoying the process last year.

The staff wants Thomas and he knows it, but like you said these kids need to enjoy it and have their fun. They deserve it and I think coaching staffs are saying go ahead and when you are 100% come talk to us about committing. This time last year UA had already gotten a handful of commits from all the jr days and this year none and most have said the staff wants them at camp and to be 100%.

That is why Saban is stressing it this year because how many flips and/or almost that caused the staff to have use valuable resources on players supposedly committed and still enjoying the process last year.

The staff wants Thomas and he knows it, but like you said these kids need to enjoy it and have their fun. They deserve it and I think coaching staffs are saying go ahead and when you are 100% come talk to us about committing. This time last year UA had already gotten a handful of commits from all the jr days and this year none and most have said the staff wants them at camp and to be 100%.

Good. Now go share this beautiful info with some Bama fans.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back