Moving to East TN-Need help please

Hey, i'm a little late on this conversation but I live 10 minutes from Johnson City. This area is a great place to live and the people are friendly. Great places to eat, shop etc. just like K-town. The atmosphere here is not so much wide open like it is in Knoxville although we go there at least twice a month. It's your call, but i'm here if you need anymore info. Housing is a lot cheaper here because we've looked at buying in Knoxville.

As mentioned, it depends on what you want. Plenty of good golf for cheap, plenty of fishing, mountain scenery and just all sorts of outdoors stuff to do. You're also only 100 miles from Knoxville in Gray and it's all interstate to get there. The Tri Cities is growing like a weed because it's one of the cheapest places in the country to live. So to answer the question you've made like five times without getting an answer, you'll take $16/hr much further in Gray than you will in Knoxville. Plenty of shopping and restaurants in Johnson City or Kingsport and if that isn't enough, Exit 7 of Bristol, VA has tons more and is maybe 30 minutes away.

Knoxville is Knoxville though. Plenty of night life, the Vols and even more shopping and restaurants. Lots more people and lots more urban sprawl. It's your call.

Best answer so far in this thread.

I live in the Texas Hill Country now, and it's beautiful. However, the aura of East Tennessee is special. I love it so much there.

VN Store

Back